Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Today I have had the most appalling diet. For "breakfast" at 2pm (was up at 7.30am) I had Lucozade, painkillers, a Fudge bar and hula hoops. Had a kebab and chips for dinner, then a chocolate bar, some chocolate buttons, a few mouthfuls of wine and now I'm having Ben & Jerrys. Soon I'll have to wash myself with a rag on a stick...

But my hand hurts so I'm allowed to eat bad! Spot the emotional eater...

Muffin €50 is a lot on food a week for one person, I used to spend about €30 when I shopped for just me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Lovely Muffin, one of my friends is in a similar situation. Her home environment is toxic and her mother and father are on the verge of divorce. She lived away from home for years but is back home now (recession etc..)
    She is seeing a counsellor for her depression. The counsellor helps a lot but has told her she needs to get out and get a stable home environment because her home life is seriously damaging her mental health. But paying for the counsellor is using up all her wages and she hasn't a penny to move out. She can't stop the counselling though, it's been working wonders for her. So she's stuck there for the time being until she can gradually save up or get a pay rise/better job. It sucks, especially for someone with depression to have a stressful home life and no place to relax and enjoy her own company but she has to make the most of it for now. I hope things do eventually work out for her, and for you. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

50 quid a week on food? thats a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Posy wrote: »
    The Lovely Muffin, one of my friends is in a similar situation. Her home environment is toxic and her mother and father are on the verge of divorce. She lived away from home for years but is back home now (recession etc..)
    She is seeing a counsellor for her depression. The counsellor helps a lot but has told her she needs to get out and get a stable home environment because her home life is seriously damaging her mental health. But paying for the counsellor is using up all her wages and she hasn't a penny to move out. She can't stop the counselling though, it's been working wonders for her. So she's stuck there for the time being until she can gradually save up or get a pay rise/better job. It sucks, especially for someone with depression to have a stressful home life and no place to relax and enjoy her own company but she has to make the most of it for now. I hope things do eventually work out for her, and for you. xxx
    Thank you Posy.

I was seeing a counseller myself, through the HSE/Medical Card, unfortunately, she screwed me around, I saw her once this year, the time I saw her before that was last September.

I have phoned her constantly and no one answers, sometimes it doesn't even ring at all.

I've spoken to my doctor about being referred to someone else, but I'd have to go back on the HSE waiting list and I would be waiting about 2-3 years.

I looked at going privately and got a quote of €180 per session. I get €95 per week in Social Welfare so there isn't a hope of me getting any money together to go privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

krudler wrote: »
    50 quid a week on food? thats a lot

I get by with about 25 euro, if we're just talking food. The weeks I have to buy toiletries cost more obviously.

That being said, I can't cook so its basically tomatoes onions mushrooms canned tomatoes, bread, frozen veg, and a massive bag of porridge. haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

In the beginning of the revision was the cake. And the Albection did look upon the cake and decide that indeed, it did look to be of the good.

The revision progressed with the Albection learning nothing as his concern for the cake was such that he could not concentrate. Concern that the cake may fall to the realm of darkness, the forbidden zone where the delicious edibles do go to perish, to no longer taste of that which is good, to go off really is the general message here.

With knowledge remaining in the lowest regions of nothing, the Albection did indeed declare himself to be a king but unquestionably tainted, regal and violated, royally fucked is the what I'm getting at here. And he did partake in the consumption of the cake, in celebration of his undesirable fate and in noble sacrifice to protect the cake from its inevitable death and passing to the guilt of that which may cause the poisoning from the food and the horror of the tummy, most upset.

And, Hark! Verily, the cake was indeed of the good. And the Albection did feel better with the honour of his noble sacrifice. Dictating that indeed the best course of action for both cakekind and mankind alike, is that of the way of the consumption of the cakes of the delicious variety.

Go in peace in the name of the baker,
    Acake.

Thank you Posy.

I was seeing a counseller myself, through the HSE/Medical Card, unfortunately, she screwed me around, I saw her once this year, the time I saw her before that was last September.

I have phoned her constantly and no one answers, sometimes it doesn't even ring at all.

I've spoken to my doctor about being referred to someone else, but I'd have to go back on the HSE waiting list and I would be waiting about 2-3 years.

I looked at going privately and got a quote of €180 per session. I get €95 per week in Social Welfare so there isn't a hope of me getting any money together to go privately.
    You poor thing. 95 euro? Have you looked into any fas courses that you might like to do? That way you would get more money for yourself, and it would get you out of the house. A change is as good as a rest as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

The Lovely Muffin, you could easily cut that food budget to say €30 a week (or even less.)

Put aside that €20 you've saved each week, and in a couple of months you'd have enough to move out - preferably to an area where you might get a job more easily. It would be well worth settling for absolutely crap accommodation for the first couple of months, if you could move to somewhere like Dublin where you're likely to get a job. Then, once you're sorted with a job, you could move to somewhere more comfortable.

Or, don't do that, but a couple of months from now, you will still be living at home and still be unhappy.

Nothing's going to change unless you change it for yourself, you know.

I do mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Thank you Posy.

95 a week? isnt that less than what its meant to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

my god, the boots I got in London are incredible :o

and I just seen the best thing ever on reddit!

lQhIV.jpg

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    You poor thing. 95 euro? Have you looked into any fas courses that you might like to do? That way you would get more money for yourself, and it would get you out of the house. A change is as good as a rest as they say.
    95 a week? isnt that less than what its meant to be?
    Because I am under 25 and living at home, I am only entitled to €100 per week, but because I had to leave college early due to my depression I have to pay back the €500 grant that the social welfare gave me as part of the BTEA, so therefore I get €95 per week.

I do have my name down for two Fás courses, one of the courses is a ten week course, if I get a place on that one, and if I pass it, I can do up to a level six or seven and then will be able to apply to go back to a college (A.I.T, D.I.T, D.B.S etc, but couldn't apply for a university).

I'm hoping for the ten week course, as then I'd get the B.T.E.A and would be able to move to a different county (preferably Dublin) and go to college and obviously have a better change of getting a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Muffin, move down to Killarney! We have loads of jobs coming up during the summer and the rent is dirt cheap compared to most places :) Most of my friends my age have moved out by now, even those that are in the same town as their family home. If there is a will there is a way and all that..

Because I am under 25 and living at home, I am only entitled to €100 per week, but because I had to leave college early due to my depression I have to pay back the €500 grant that the social welfare gave me as part of the BTEA, so therefore I get €95 per week.

I do have my name down for two Fás courses, one of the courses is a ten week course, if I get a place on that one, and if I pass it, I can do up to a level six or seven and then will be able to apply to go back to a college (A.I.T, D.I.T, D.B.S etc, but couldn't apply for a university).

I'm hoping for the ten week course, as then I'd get the B.T.E.A and would be able to move to a different county (preferably Dublin) and go to college and obviously have a better change of getting a job.

that blows, what county do you live now?

that blows, what county do you live now?
    I'm in Mullingar, Westmeath currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Stayed up really late last night and got up really early this morning to study, so I was wrecked after my exam and decided to have a little nap. Just woke up 7 hours later...bye bye healthy sleeping pattern...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My exam fear has officially kicked in.

Only soft, mild, milk-based foods appeal to me.

I will eat these while enjoying an easy listening cd.

I want my exams to be over. :(/:eek:

Aw. :( When do you finish your exams, PhysiologyRocks?

Aw. :( When do you finish your exams, PhysiologyRocks?
    The 21st. They start on Monday and I have one every day! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

A girl in my school has an extremely hairy arse crack (believe me this is no exaggeration!!!)

anyway she is partial to wearing clothes that are too small for her, and today she wore a t-shirt that was way too small and her hairy arse crack was there for the world to see.

needless to say, it made me frown.....

We'll be ok! I have a plan!

You stab me and neither of us have to do the exams. :D

There, flawless. :cool:

• Advertisement

I can feel a large knot in my right shoulder blade. :( Off I go to find the dogs tennis ball.

Oh no, scary! Best of luck with them! xxx
    Albection wrote: »

You stab me and neither of us have to do the exams.
    Hmmm... maybe that could be Plan B... :pac:

Oh no, scary! Best of luck with them! xxx

Hmmm... maybe that could be Plan B... :pac:

Can it be my plan A?

Seeing as I'm still on the same page I was several hours ago, I think the exams should be my plan B. Or C.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I'm in Mullingar, Westmeath currently.

Try and find Niall Horan, trick him into marriage and you will be sorted with money for life... ;)

You stab me and neither of us have to do the exams. :D

There, flawless. :cool:
    But I don't want to stab you! :(

But I don't want to stab you! :(

It'll be fine. We'll pick somewhere non-lethal.

And do the stabbing inside the emergency department, having first paged some surgeons down.

And there'll be cake! :D

I feel this is an excellent time to point out that I'm not crazy.

I'm totally sane. And can provide the testimony of several witnesses to that fact.

Oh look! A goat! That can juggle fire!

/flees

Avox wrote: »
    Try and find Niall Horan, trick him into marriage and you will be sorted with money for life... ;)
    I think the poor girl's got enough problems as it is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I think the poor girl's got enough problems as it is. ;)

She can divorce after a few weeks in a Kim Kardashian style drama, and get half of whatever he has if she's lucky.. :P

• Advertisement

It'll be fine. We'll pick somewhere non-lethal.

And do the stabbing inside the emergency department, having first paged some surgeons down.

And there'll be cake! :D
    I like cake. I like it very much.

However, I'm just not a stabby kind of girl.

This may or may not be the oddest thing I've said all day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement