Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Am making it through a super busy week, and managed to fit in going wedding dress shopping with one of my friends from home. I learned two things doing the dress shopping, 1. it's MUCH more fun when you're not the one trying on dresses! and 2. it's totally messed up planning weddings with a childhood friend, going to college was weird enough but this just takes the biscuit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I gots Reese's Peanut Butter Cups :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I love creamed rice. :D

Thinking about asking bf if we could save a little bit weekly and book a cheap week/weekend away somewhere. We don't really get a huge amount of time alone when we stay at each other's houses tbh and I think it would be really nice. Maybe for his birthday at the end of June. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Going to give up studying soon and watch some SATC before bed. :) I'm heading up to Dublin on the first bus tomorrow so I'll have a few hours to cram in the library before the exam and I'll be in better form for it then too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Skype interview for the lecturing job in Malawi on Tue morning.

Away for the weekend until Mon evening!

All tips welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just back from Dark Shadows. T'was hileriously cheesy. Also, joy of joys, my date has been rescheduled for tomorrow night. We're off to see Jeff Who Lives At Home. :)
    I also picked up a new foundation that actually matches my skintone ( Loreal True Match in Rose Ivory) so yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

The worst thing about coming home to the parents is the fact that i have to live with my mother.

I live in the country and have to walk about a mile to the village to get a bus into the town....cabin fever sets in fairly quickly when you are with her...

i also eat like a BEAST...mainly because i cant afford to buy food in college sometimes :pac:

only 2 and half weeks of freedom left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sunita and yer man in Corrie make me feel pukey with their sexy talk and flirting, gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Did anybody else find the alzeimers storyline with leslie really sad/disturbing? My grandad had that and he wasn't aggressive or "crazy" the way they made Leslie out to be, and then just to get rid of her, by frying her with a toaster, kind of feel that it made a mockery of the illness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    Sunita and yer man in Corrie make me feel pukey with their sexy talk and flirting, gah.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Uuuurgh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Polloloca wrote: »
    Did anybody else find the alzeimers storyline with leslie really sad/disturbing? My grandad had that and he wasn't aggressive or "crazy" the way they made Leslie out to be, and then just to get rid of her, by frying her with a toaster, kind of feel that it made a mockery of the illness.
    There were a lot of complaints on Digital Spy by people who were annoyed that Leslie was portrayed as 'batty' or loopy rather than an accurate portrayal of an altzheimers patient.
    I have no experience of this illness, but nobody on that forum who was unfortunate enough to have had a loved one suffer from that cruel disease seemed to think the storyline and her depiction was anything other than unsympathetic and distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I've had 2 awesome days doing CPD courses.

I'm knackered and it's lovely:D

I have wine:D

Sheldon is a big ride face.

My bf is an even bigger ride face:D:D

I have wine:D

My ride-face bf bought me a new phone and it's soooo cool and I'm a little frightened of it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Walking back from Dundrum today,walk past two girls,probably around 14 or so.

'Ohmigod I love your hair,who did it??'
    Don't acknowledge her,keep on walking.
    'You're a slapper'

:eek::mad: Very sorry I didn't turn around and call her up on it,ended up just walking on.

God I hate teenagers.And I say this as a person who's 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My mum gave me 20 Euro! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Walking back from Dundrum today,walk past two girls,probably around 14 or so.

'Ohmigod I love your hair,who did it??'
    Don't acknowledge her,keep on walking.
    'You're a slapper'

:eek::mad: Very sorry I didn't turn around and call her up on it,ended up just walking on.

God I hate teenagers.And I say this as a person who's 20!

Should've just called her fat. that'd play on her mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I love creamed rice. :D

Thinking about asking bf if we could save a little bit weekly and book a cheap week/weekend away somewhere. We don't really get a huge amount of time alone when we stay at each other's houses tbh and I think it would be really nice. Maybe for his birthday at the end of June. :)

That sounds lovely. A break on the coast somewhere would be a good idea.
    The worst thing about coming home to the parents is the fact that i have to live with my mother.

I live in the country and have to walk about a mile to the village to get a bus into the town....cabin fever sets in fairly quickly when you are with her...

i also eat like a BEAST...mainly because i cant afford to buy food in college sometimes :pac:

only 2 and half weeks of freedom left :(

Buy a bicycle. My parent's house in Kerry is 4 miles from the nearest village (which has a shop, a church and 5 pubs) and 9 miles from the nearest town, best thing I ever did was buy a bike. Gave me freedom and kept me fit :D
    Acoshla wrote: »

It's horrible, isn't it? Have to make himself turn off the tv when they're on.

To be fair I don't think they handled it in the best way but I had a grandaunt who suffered from alzheimer's and she was violent and aggressive at times and completely lovely other times. She accused family of stealing from her and all kinds of things.

Had pizza and an ice-cream. Haven't had pizza in ages, it was so yummy! Re-watching Sons of Anarchy from the start:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

SUSIE Q I WANT A SEA CUCUMBER!!!!

Girlfriend is gone to gig in Dublin tonight, really sorry I can't be with her. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just realised I have a pack of Maryland cookies in the press! Gonna treat myself to some low-fat cocoa and slip into my jammies. Ahh, nothing like clean sheets and a good movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I'm still beaming!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You sound very unhappy living where you are.. Why are you still there when they're making you so sad?
    I am unemployed and can't afford to move out.

I also wouldn't get any financial help towards rent as I haven't been renting for six months or more.

I would love to move out, but until I either get a job or win the lottery, I won't be moving anywhere unfortunately.

I think I'm hooked on rooibos tea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It feels odd going to bed this early, but I'll be up again in less than 5 hours for the Darkness Into Light walk :) Night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dolorous wrote: »
    It feels odd going to bed this early, but I'll be up again in less than 5 hours for the Darkness Into Light walk :) Night all!

Enjoy it! Hope the weather holds for ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Some people teach their dogs to fetch.. I taught my dog to read =)

579487_10150880064972259_833992258_9607380_1722652356_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

mariebeth wrote: »
    Got the job :-D!!!!!!!

I'm in shock right now! finished college yesterday & offered a job today. really didn't expect it to be so easy!
    UCC awarded me a title because I did well in my exams last year! :D

Congrats!!!!!!!

Remembered that I had a €50 one for all gift voucher, used it today, and got student discount in the shop - really gonna make the most of this before its gone!!!

Went over to visit my friends grave, first time since the funeral - was looking really nice with all the flowers on it :( Wrecked after the week, ling enough weekend ahead, game in Passage on Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

awwwwhhhh OD he is so cute!! :D

I am unemployed and can't afford to move out.

I also wouldn't get any financial help towards rent as I haven't been renting for six months or more.

I would love to move out, but until I either get a job or win the lottery, I won't be moving anywhere unfortunately.
    My neighbour is in the same situation as you are. He's having a very hard time at home and as he's on social welfare he can't really afford somewhere to live that he would have to pay for himself. What he done was put an application into the local housing authority to be put on the local housing list. Once you are on that, you can apply for rent allowance straight away. You speak about your depression, surely a toxic environment where you are constantly unhappy isn't the best for you, so you might be able to get a letter from your doctor that might help your case.

Its worth looking into, and seeing if its an option for you at least. But there are ways around the 6 month renting. Good luck. :)

And I don't mean this to sound harsh. I didn't get on with my mother at all and I moved out of the family home at 17, basically as soon as I done my leaving cert, I had my bags packed and I was gone.
    There are always options. You could put some money by each week until you have enough for a deposit and a couple months rent. You could share a house with other people so it wouldn't cost you as much as living by yourself would.
    You would have independence and you might see the relationship improve between the members of your family that are causing your stress.

It basically boils down to what you really want, to be honest. There's a phrase I try and live by and its "excuses are for losers, because the only one losing is you". I am in no way calling you a loser, nor saying you are making excuses but its something I try remember when I feel like I have no options, and when I feel like I am in a rut. Maybe it would work for you too. You always have options. Continue to live at home and be driven mad and complain every day about how much you hate it, or change it. Nobody is going to magically fix it for you, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My neighbour is in the same situation as you are. He's having a very hard time at home and as he's on social welfare he can't really afford somewhere to live that he would have to pay for himself. What he done was put an application into the local housing authority to be put on the local housing list. Once you are on that, you can apply for rent allowance straight away. You speak about your depression, surely a toxic environment where you are constantly unhappy isn't the best for you, so you might be able to get a letter from your doctor that might help your case.

Its worth looking into, and seeing if its an option for you at least. But there are ways around the 6 month renting. Good luck. :)
    I have looked into rent allowance and wouldn't get it because I am not homeless and I am not about to be made homeless.

I do have depression and you are 100% correct, my home situation is not good for it, in anyway.

I looked into Rent allowance last year, but because I have no proof of the abuse I receive at home (last year it was worse) and was told because I have no proof, and I am not homeless or about to be homeless that I wouldn't get it.

As for saving, I currently buy my own food, which could cost me up to €50 per week and also have bills to pay, so most weeks I am lucky if I have €10 left to my name.

It's not a case of me being lazy or not wanting to move out, I moved out once before and loved it, unfortunately soon after moving out, I was diagnosed with depression and had no choice but to move home, if it wasn't for that, I'd still be living away from home.

I do house work, cleaning, cooking, dish washing. I'm not allowed to use the washing machine, unless my mother or granny supervise me, any time I have turned on the washing machine, my granny turns it off again, saying I did it wrong.

Even if my mother says it's correct, my granny says it's wrong. If my mother put the clothes, washing powder and fabric softener into the machine and all I did was plug it in, my granny would still tell me I am wrong.

I do know that no one can magically fix anything, I'm not looking for a magic fix. I just want to get a job and get enough money together so I can move out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement