Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm curious to know if anyone has actually suffered whiplash from those? I'm sure that its the equivelent to being put into a washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love waltzers! I have yet to find an amusement park ride that makes me feel sick, I even ate a foot long hot dog before I went on my first ever rollercoaster, so sure am I of my cast iron stomach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The Iceberger icecream in the tub is yum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I am fine with heights, being thrown up and down and all that goes with it. What gets me is constant spinning, sitting there, stunned, wondering if the actual ride has stopped or is it still going, because I am seeing stars.

Damn waltzers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

WHAT? :eek: As in the iceberger icecream you get from the fridge in a newsagents? You can get a tub of it? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Links234 wrote: »
    You guys are adorable! I thought your gf was wearing a tshirt with a dog on it and was like "I like her tshi-OH MY GOD, IT'S A REAL DOG!!"
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ I am eating ice-cream! Om nom nom. Was on sale for 2 euro in Dunnes because apparently nobody like Ben And Jerry Coconutterly Fair but it's my FAVOURITE.
    I know! More for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Do any of you remember these?

4484289215a12752116401l.jpg

They were my favourite ice cream!

No wait... the one I used to love was the one that was pink and white and had a chocolate toe....

It's in this pic

36197_404483774423_809374423_4093099_1936805_n.jpg

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hate fairground rides, love rollercoasters and theme parks though. just dont like being spun around, and places that are assembled overnight and run by carnies are just deathtraps.

YES! then they were white and the toes were pink, these were the best icepops ever though:

9432_285708760653_284786785653_9117073_8023484_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I do! They weren't my favouite though. Fat Frogs were my favouite :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ha, krudler, snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i used to love the sticky wall in fun fairs!

didnt really like many others though!

krudler wrote: »
    YES! then they were white and the toes were pink, these were the best icepops ever though:

9432_285708760653_284786785653_9117073_8023484_n.jpg

With a chocolate big toe, can only find an old HB poster, can't find a pic of one on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Freaky foots!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Had a nice going-away dinner for a friend who's moving away for a job. Massive food baby. We all got together and bought her a kindle and her face was actually a picture. Like a kid at christmas.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

LaHaine wrote: »
    Booked my flights to Oz today. All feeling very real all of a sudden. Very scary! But in a good way

Is this trip to Oz permanent or just a holiday?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Having a delicious hot and lemon drink now, mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yellow notes rock! I have this thing for writing on legal pads, which are yellow, works wonders for being able to remember things!

And no, calorie intake is not counted in study month, or final year as a matter of fact! That's what I kept saying to myself, but now final year is coming to an end :( This Thursday, nutrition exam and I'm done!!!! :D Must go and study, must go study, someone tell me go study and get off boards! We should really set up a study group, would really work!
    That study group is the worst idea in the world - we would definitely only talk about cake. And intending to study later. That's pretty much what we do here and I already shouldn't be on boards cos of study!:o

Acoshla wrote: »
    Icecream is bad for you, especially this late at night...I'm just bitter because we brought a lovely tub of Ben & Jerry's to a friend's house to share yesterday and they didn't serve it!
    They did WHAT NOW?! You can't do that!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, thanks for the helpful post! :D I'm interested in the Kindle Touch but I'll definately check out the one with the keyboard. I need to clear out my bookshelf and get a new one as it's old and currently buckling from the weight of all my books, DVDs and other misc. crap taking up too much room. That said, I'll still keep a few books for sentimental value- I have some really nice hardbacks that I can't bare to part with so it's a matter of sorting them out.
    Where woulkd the best place be to buy a Kindle? I've seen them being flogged in Tescos Artane Castle... I'd buy from the Amazon.Co.Uk site but as I'll be close to an Argos in the coming days, I'm getting rather impatient. :p

Echoing what other people are saying, I have the one with the keyboard too, I don't like touchscreens so wouldn't go for the Kindle Touch but that's just me. Also I don't think you can buy them on amazon.co.uk, when I tried I had to get if off amazon.com, but that was a little over a year ago. Probably cheaper and easier to get it in a shop tbh.

Came home tonight and instead of just going to bed or doing more study, made not one but two types of cake! Hurray! *stays up all night on a sugar high*

I'd love to go to Alton Towers this year, never been, they're building a new theme park for Paramount near where my parents live in Spain, can't wait for that to open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    :eek: I need this! Never seen it before, surely it can't be as nice as an iceberger?!

I love waltzers! I have yet to find an amusement park ride that makes me feel sick, I even ate a foot long hot dog before I went on my first ever rollercoaster, so sure am I of my cast iron stomach :D

I love anything fast and spinny. Made the mistake of taking my mam on the waltzers one time and she freaked out so much that when the guy came round to spin us more, she actually asked him could he slow us down, morto :o

Just made french toast :) Yum!!!!

• Advertisement

I'd love to go to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park and any other parks close by. I've never been on a rollercoaster (well not a big one anyway) but I know I love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

A man I was seeing decided today that we weren't right for each other. I really liked him. I thought maybe just maybe. Silly girl. Much tears this evening :(

It's okay to have a few tears over him, totally understandable.

Were you seeing each other for long?

Just finished watching The Dark Knight and got to thinking " a cape on a motorbike probably isn't the most sensible thing to be wearing" lol, never even noticed before.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I am also intrigued by this Iceberger icecream! I didn't know it existed!
    Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I love anything fast and spinny. Made the mistake of taking my mam on the waltzers one time and she freaked out so much that when the guy came round to spin us more, she actually asked him could he slow us down, morto :o
    I love them too! I went to Disneyland with some friends a few years ago and I made them go on one of the really fast rides first, I thought it was brilliant but they were all traumatised

I'd love to go to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park and any other parks close by. I've never been on a rollercoaster (well not a big one anyway) but I know I love them!

I've been on the ones in Disneyland and Universal Studios, Six Flags is where the real big ass ones are though. my favourite one was The Hulk, its brilliant, short though

in Disneyland the best ride is Space Mountain, especially in the Paris park, even the outside of it looks fantastic:

SpaceMountainLarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Is this trip to Oz permanent or just a holiday?????

For the forseeable future anyway.

It's okay to have a few tears over him, totally understandable.

Were you seeing each other for long?

Just finished watching The Dark Knight and got to thinking " a cape on a motorbike probably isn't the most sensible thing to be wearing" lol, never even noticed before.

thats why The Incredibles takes the piss out of capes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ye should google The Behemoth in Canada's Wonderland, it's amazing! I had a season pass to there, omg best money I ever spent. The rides on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas are amazing too. Thinking of taking boyfriend to Thorpe Park for his birthday/anniversary, must get on that soon...

Sweet jesus that looks so cool! I watched that video with my hands in the air lol!

Space Mountain looks awesome :D

• Advertisement

Ye should google The Behemoth in Canada's Wonderland, it's amazing! I had a season pass to there, omg best money I ever spent. The rides on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas are amazing too. Thinking of taking boyfriend to Thorpe Park for his birthday/anniversary, must get on that soon...

I wanted to go on the Statosphere but was too hungover lol, being dangled off the side of a building didnt seem the best idea. for those who dont know what it is:

*bok*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement