Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Erm....you do realise your actual bf is better looking, yus?

I think they're quite similar :o *I* think my boyfriend is better looking (obviously:D) but I thought I was biased :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

awec wrote: »
    No way! :eek:

(Sorry, I think my attempted humour went over your head there. :o )
    Just thought you meant on what website. :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stuck in traffic on the M7 on a bus home from Limerick. Grr. Legs are in ribbons after the half-marathon I ran yesterday too, almost feel like I ran the full marathon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

SAJob.jpg

Thai green curry I cooked for my girlfriend. ;)

It was really good, she approved. :)

*huge hugs to GF* :D

Yes, I know I need to clean my cooker. don't say it :p

• Advertisement

My cooker is spotless.
    I used it once a couple of years ago I think. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I *really* want some ice-cream.

MUST. RESIST!!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I would absolutely murder a bag of chips and portion of onion rings from my local chipper

Few wine gums are gonna have to do me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ I am eating ice-cream! Om nom nom. Was on sale for 2 euro in Dunnes because apparently nobody like Ben And Jerry Coconutterly Fair but it's my FAVOURITE.

Horrible programming assignment due tomorrow evening :/ Can't wait to have it handed up as it's been ruining my life for the past few months. I really, REALLY hope I pass it. Don't have everything working but I did ok-ish in the first assignment so hopefully that'll knock some marks up for me! Also totally unfair that a few people in my class have paid others to do it for them. And they will pass. But that's college I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Horrible programming assignment due tomorrow evening :/ Can't wait to have it handed up as it's been ruining my life for the past few months. I really, REALLY hope I pass it. Don't have everything working but I did ok-ish in the first assignment so hopefully that'll knock some marks up for me! Also totally unfair that a few people in my class have paid others to do it for them. And they will pass. But that's college I guess.

What? :eek:

That's shocking. They shouldn't get away with that. That would really piss me off. :mad: Why should you have to work your ass off, deal with the stress and the frustration of the bloody thing not running while they get off easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

What? :eek:

That's shocking. They shouldn't get away with that. That would really piss me off. :mad: Why should you have to work your ass off, deal with the stress and the frustration of the bloody thing not running while they get off easy.

Happens all the time. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

LINKS!!! You two are so cute, ye look great together :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Happens all the time. It sucks.

That's bullcrap. If someone asked me to do it for them I'd tell them to get f*cked. Or I'd put something in the code so the lecturer would know. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

McChubbin wrote: »

MUST. RESIST!!!

Get some, go on! I got some HB Iceberger in a tub and it's yummy!

Links, ye are so cute! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Get some, go on! I got some HB Iceberger in a tub and it's yummy!

Links, ye are so cute! :D

Jane put up a pic of you and the BF so we can say the same!! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone else's facebook fe*ked up - starting to really annoy me, and tbh, if it wasn't for two games on there that I have to have facebook to log in to, I'd be deactivating mine - no contacts on there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Anyone else's facebook fe*ked up - starting to really annoy me, and tbh, if it wasn't for two games on there that I have to have facebook to log in to, I'd be deactivating mine - no contacts on there

Yup!! Having awful trouble, nothing will load Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

McChubbin wrote: »

MUST. RESIST!!!

Don't you dare. A stone off already and you want ice-cream????
    Go have banana and low fat yoghurt with some cinnamon on top.
    That's bullcrap. If someone asked me to do it for them I'd tell them to get f*cked. Or I'd put something in the code so the lecturer would know. :pac:

Oh totally. Or agree to do it and write ''I'm a penis head'' repeatedly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Just came in here to ask that myself - so slow today and keeps logging me out! :mad:

Nothing is loading, I'm going crazy at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Nope it's fine for me, except it keeps telling me I have a new message when I don't, it's telling me about a message I sent ten minutes ago.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Yup!! Having awful trouble, nothing will load Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Just came in here to ask that myself - so slow today and keeps logging me out! :mad:

Nothing is loading, I'm going crazy at it.

Thanks!! Thought I was going to go crazy, about the throw te lapto out the window now with the frustration at it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Thanks!! Thought I was going to go crazy, about the throw te lapto out the window now with the frustration at it!!!

I've given up on it now, if I log back in later and I see it's Timelined me I will cry - I have a competition going with some mates to see who lasts longest. :pac:

I may or may not fraped one or two of 'em with it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Bed time soon :( Damn you work placement and your rubbish hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Don't you dare. A stone off already and you want ice-cream????
    Go have banana and low fat yoghurt with some cinnamon on top.

Agreed! I had some the other night and felt so bad and horrible after it. Not worth the guilt for me any more! I made an amazing fruit crumble today with apple, pear, peach, plum and strawberry. NOM! :)

My quick sweet treat now is a banana baked in the oven for half an hour with a hobnob crushed on top and a spoon of natural yoghurt, so tasty!

Also @Links ye are so cute! And I love the puppy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Lola92 wrote: »
    My quick sweet treat now is a banana baked in the oven for half an hour with a hobnob crushed on top and a spoon of natural yoghurt, so tasty!

Ooh that sounds interesting.

I had strawberries with Greek yoghurt earlier. It tasted so much more decadent than cream.. it was divine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

beks101 wrote: »
    I witnessed the most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life yesterday.

I was on the subway, lazily gazing out the window as it was taking off and leaving the station. I saw a man trip getting off the train that was coming into the station on the other side of the platform.

He stumbled several times and then landed on the ground right beside the train; meanwhile the train started to move, doors closed and it sped up...and the speed of it obviously threw him as he was trying to get up, his legs got caught between the platform and the train and he literally lay there, with the train mangling his legs as it passed at ridiculous speed.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds and I sat staring helplessly, in absolute horror, as my train left the station. I screamed and the guy across from me stared at me like I was some sort of nutcase. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and sat there in shock, mouth open, for the rest of the trip.

I've no way of finding out what happened to that man. There are no reports, nothing online. I can't stop seeing it; stop seeing him. He was about my dad's age, short, stout, tanned, grey hair, wearing beige culottes and a beige t-shirt. He looked like a tourist. And he more than likely lost his legs yesterday.

Jesus Christ. Poor man.

So I just called the switchboard for the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) and they put me through to Customer Care.

Some guy there listened to my version of events and checked their accident log, all he could tell me was that an ambulance was sent to Yorkdale subway station at approx. 9pm on Saturday, May 5th for a guy who 'had made contact with a moving train'. He was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital, 'critical condition' was listed in the log but there's been no update since.

They took my name and number in case they need a witness.

After hanging up the phone I burst into tears like a big sap. Hearing it verified and that he was rushed to hospital just made it so real...a part of me was hoping I had just imagined it or something (ridiculous how your brain works sometimes) or that it wasn't as serious as it looked...but knowing that I did actually witness a man injure himself critically and potentially lose his legs is a bit of a pill to swallow.

I'm not a religious person at all, but please keep a middle aged man in a hospital in Toronto in your thoughts this evening.

Ah Beks, at least you know for sure and you're there in case they need a witness. I hope he pulls through. God love him- and you, after seeing seeing such an awful thing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Such a lazy, boring day today.

Did some abdominal exercises last night and my stomach/abdomen is sore/painful today :(

Am hoping to do a few more exercises tonight before bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

beks101 wrote: »
    So I just called the switchboard for the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) and they put me through to Customer Care.

Some guy there listened to my version of events and checked their accident log, all he could tell me was that an ambulance was sent to Yorkdale subway station at approx. 9pm on Saturday, May 5th for a guy who 'had made contact with a moving train'. He was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital, 'critical condition' was listed in the log but there's been no update since.

They took my name and number in case they need a witness.

After hanging up the phone I burst into tears like a big sap. Hearing it verified and that he was rushed to hospital just made it so real...a part of me was hoping I was just imagined it or something (ridiculous how your brain works sometimes) or that it wasn't as serious as it looked...but knowing that I did actually witness a man injure himself critically and potentially lose his legs is a bit of a pill to swallow.

I'm not a religious person at all, but please keep a middle aged man in a hospital in Toronto in your thoughts this evening.

Fair play to you for ringing.

I guess if he was rushed to hospital, then he'll have gotten attention quickly enough, and by the sounds of it he was alive at the hospital. So, while he might have fairly serious injuries, he probably has a fair chance of surviving. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him.

I'd say he and his family would be heartened to know that someone who they don't know had rang to ask after him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement