Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm cold and tired and annoyed. Irritating people are irritating -.- Seeing as tomorrow will predominantly be spent cramming things into my head I'm going to have an early night, but first it's dinner time! Hopefully there's spaghetti there, I'm really in the mood for a big dorty bowl of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just got a text from my brother saying "Sonni (our new dog) is walking around the house with your bra in his mouth".

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Just got a text from my brother saying "Sonni (our new dog) is walking around the house with your bra in his mouth".

:/

That's a new one on me.. isn't it usually shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I actually can't stand straight because my stomach is cramping so badly. Shouldn't have eaten 3/4 of that pot of ice-cream and 6 cookies. It was a good idea at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Turns out stripping wallpaper is the best therapy ever, better than sex for stress relief (then again, its been a while so I may be misremembering...)

Housemate bought me chinese to thank me for helping him with his new house (we went over to see it, I suggested stripping the wall and an hour and a half later I was happier, it was done and we'd had chats and I'd earned dinner).

I'm now feeling a lot better about my yellow paper, very very full, thinking more coffee is in order in a while (4 in an hour earlier was probably the cause of my huge enthusiasm for wallpaper stripping...).

Life could be worse, yknow.

Beks, I hope you're okay dote, at least you know now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've given up on it now, if I log back in later and I see it's Timelined me I will cry - I have a competition going with some mates to see who lasts longest. :pac:

I may or may not fraped one or two of 'em with it :o

I got timelined ages ago, but got rid of it - have this extension on google chrome that allows me to view pages as they were before timeline, but everyone else sees my profile as timeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Timeline on business pages absolutely wrecks my head, it's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Had the best weekend! Day out in Howth yesterday, night in, then to see Beauty and the Beast in the cinema today. All with my very own Beast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Im sad and stressed and I need cuddles :( boy is stuck at home and not feeling well so now I'm worried about him. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

*hugs for Sarah* <3

Had nommy spaghetti and bolognese sauce with red cheddar slices melted on top, I has a happy now :) Nicely full belly and a bit of internet browsing before bed=:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just back from Dunnes, was really grumpy so bought loads of chocolate and those cream and jam donuts from the freezer, om nom nom :D Sar_Bear is now munching and happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i had to give love advice to my housemate! i hope it goes well for him!

right well i am fed and showered and curled up in my favourite Nirvana tshirt!

now all i gots to do it is some study! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bit of a bad mood now. Need ice-cream. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Icecream is bad for you, especially this late at night...I'm just bitter because we brought a lovely tub of Ben & Jerry's to a friend's house to share yesterday and they didn't serve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

'Sup?

everything alright Jane?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ah you can probably guess lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Touch. I spend too much money on books that take up too much space on my book shelf. Any thoughts? Does anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Touch. I spend too much money on books that take up too much space on my book shelf. Any thoughts? Does anyone have one?

My son has a sony ereader, he LOVES it. He also has a tablet yokey that also works as an ereader. For us it's great. We've an hour journey to school, he brings his ereader every day which has saved me from pulling out my hair as he used to take a billionty hours choosing books to bring each morning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

McChubbin wrote: »

I have the Kindle with the little keyboard on it and I cannot recommend a Kindle enough. I have bought 30 books approx. since I got it and I find I'm actually spending less on books eventhough I'm buying them more often (because I'm reading more) because you get discounts through the store and you get discounts on buying a series of books, The Hunger Games Trilogy for example. And obviously it takes up far less room than a load of books. I travel for work every few months for a week or two at a time and I don't have room to bring 2-3 books with me (I can only bring one small suitcase) so the Kindle suits me perfectly.

I know they're not for everyone, I know some people still prefer physical books and that's fair enough but the Kindle suits me.

Must also say that Amazon are brilliant to deal with. When I had my crash a couple of weeks ago, my Kindle was in my bag and got damaged, wouldn't turn on or anything. A friend of mine suggested contacting Amazon so I sent them an e-mail chancing my arm, told them what happened. Got a phone call back a few hours later from a lovely woman, said that Amazon were willing to replace my Kindle for £50. They couldn't replace it free of charge as the crash voided the warranty. That phone call took place on a Friday and by the following Tuesday I had my brand new Kindle preloaded with all my previously bought books. They also provided a pre-paid postage slip to return my broken Kindle to them. Found them just so lovely to deal with and they were so quick sending out the new one. I know they have their own reasons for being so obliging but I just think that's the way customer service should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have the Kindle with the little keyboard on it and I cannot recommend a Kindle enough. I have bought 30 books approx. since I got it and I find I'm actually spending less on books eventhough I'm buying them more often (because I'm reading more) because you get discounts through the store and you get discounts on buying a series of books, The Hunger Games Trilogy for example. And obviously it takes up far less room than a load of books. I travel for work every few months for a week or two at a time and I don't have room to bring 2-3 books with me (I can only bring one small suitcase) so the Kindle suits me perfectly.

I know they're not for everyone, I know some people still prefer physical books and that's fair enough but the Kindle suits me.

Must also say that Amazon are brilliant to deal with. When I had my crash a couple of weeks ago, my Kindle was in my bag and got damaged, wouldn't turn on or anything. A friend of mine suggested contacting Amazon so I sent them an e-mail chancing my arm, told them what happened. Got a phone call back a few hours later from a lovely woman, said that Amazon were willing to replace my Kindle for £50. They couldn't replace it free of charge as the crash voided the warranty. That phone call took place on a Friday and by the following Tuesday I had my brand new Kindle preloaded with all my previously bought books. They also provided a pre-paid postage slip to return my broken Kindle to them. Found them just so lovely to deal with and they were so quick sending out the new one. I know they have their own reasons for being so obliging but I just think that's the way customer service should be.

Oooh, thanks for the helpful post! :D I'm interested in the Kindle Touch but I'll definately check out the one with the keyboard. I need to clear out my bookshelf and get a new one as it's old and currently buckling from the weight of all my books, DVDs and other misc. crap taking up too much room. That said, I'll still keep a few books for sentimental value- I have some really nice hardbacks that I can't bare to part with so it's a matter of sorting them out.
    Where woulkd the best place be to buy a Kindle? I've seen them being flogged in Tescos Artane Castle... I'd buy from the Amazon.Co.Uk site but as I'll be close to an Argos in the coming days, I'm getting rather impatient. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Booked my flights to Oz today. All feeling very real all of a sudden. Very scary! But in a good way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I went to the funfair earlier and am still queasy after those waltzers. However, I am glad I was not the girl that puked all over herself and her boyfriend.

Its also my first weigh in at weightwatchers tomorrow. I am tempted to go to the mega early one, because I literally cannot wait to see how much (if any, I lost). I hope I have lost something, as I was so good the whole week.

The Kindle touch looks great. I bought mine in PC World. It was cheapest at the time I was looking. I'm pretty sure Tesco do them at competitive prices too. Keep an eye on websites and advertising to see who is doing the best price. I'd say they'll be fairly popular with it coming up to Summer holiday time (Amazon's new ad campaign is all about making it the perfect companion on your holiers).

Polloloca wrote: »
    I went to the funfair earlier and am still queasy after those waltzers. However, I am glad I was not the girl that puked all over herself and her boyfriend.

Its also my first weigh in at weightwatchers tomorrow. I am tempted to go to the mega early one, because I literally cannot wait to see how much (if any, I lost). I hope I have lost something, as I was so good the whole week.

Oh I hate waltzers, I always feel weak for hours afterwards :o

I needs a cuddle! just a small one!

ok so study isnt going too well at the moment im currently watching father ted :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Oh I hate waltzers, I always feel weak for hours afterwards :o

Same. I didn't feel well when I got home, and I was disgusted because I was looking forward to my dinner all day! :)

tumblr_m3il7st84r1r0c2vro1_400.jpg

Now back to studying!

Polloloca wrote: »
    Same. I didn't feel well when I got home, and I was disgusted because I was looking forward to my dinner all day! :)

Yeah I know what you mean. The last time I was on them I was the same. It was the first thing we went on at the funfair and I couldn't have any of the nasty sweet treats for the rest of the day :(

• Advertisement

091bc5440296cc0e41dd60ce22fbaf88.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement