Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Universe has a little secret...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

There are so many high horses on this thread I'll need to construct a bigger stable tbh.

Transgender people have equality under the law. Outside of this people are allowed to form their own opinion of them as they desire.

There's also a lot of talk about 'facts' here. It's funny how facts only matter when the majority on AH at a given time agree with a specific viewpoint and gang up on the one or two.

Lastly one can't help to notice that this thread has been hijacked by those who are seeking total conformity of everyone on their personal social and political values while attacking others opinions, how 'tolerant'.

Transgender people have become little more than ammunition of social-political views here, blah. Same political culprits as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

PinkFly wrote: »
    It's THEIR problems not THERE

So im taking an English class now as well as a Transsexual acceptance class

Great....... :pac:
    It wouldn't be a bad thing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

It's ' I'm '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

IrishAm wrote: »
    Heres the acid test. Would you sleep with a transsexual?
    Someone's only a real woman if you'd sleep with them? Would you sleep with a female relative?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If you have some facts to back up your opinions I'd be happy to look at them. I doubt there are any, but if there is convincing evidence that transgender people are freaks who try to force people to accept them then I'll believe that's the case.

I think it's stupendously unlikely that there are any such facts, but I'd be happy to look at them and change my views accordingly if they convinced me.

So please, share any links you have.

Would you ever just listen ok and jump down off your horse for two seconds.

There are no facts on what my opinions are there just my thoughts on how i see certain things in the world.

If you dont agree with what i think thats fine thats your choice your allowed that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Namlub wrote: »
    Someone's only a real woman if you'd sleep with them?

Perfectly reasonable question to ask.

Would you sleep with a female relative?

No, would you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Would you ever just listen ok and jump down off your horse for two seconds.

There are no facts on what my opinions are there just my thoughts on how i see certain things in the world.

If you dont agree with what i think thats fine thats your choice your allowed that much.

I understand your position perfectly.

I'll just say that I find it sad that you're not willing to change your prejudice and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

I'll just say that I find it sad that you're not willing to change your prejudice and leave it at that.

Would you ride one?

Kiera wrote: »

Maybe when i get to two hundred million posts like you ill be an expert on grammar too......

I understand your position perfectly.

To be honest why should i?

If we all just folded on what we feel no one would have a different opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

o wow u are so controversial
    And you're so original.Picking on newbie posters when you can't think of anything to add to the conversation.

Maybe when i get to two hundred million posts like you ill be an expert on grammar too......
    Or you could just get an education.

Would you ride one?

Yes.
    Obviously "used to have a penis used to have a penis" is going to go through a straight man's head the first time they have sex with a transgender woman, but at the end of the day it works the same way as sex with a woman born as a woman.

There might be some situations where I might choose not to have sex with a transgender woman, I'll admit that, but if I were attracted physically to someone and especially if I made a connection with someone, I'd probably have no problem having sex or entering into a relationship with a transgender woman.

I find it hard to imagine that if most men sat next to a beautiful charming transgender woman who they really clicked with at work, they'd still be disgusted at the idea of kissing them or having sex with them, at least after a while.

Is wanting to have sex with transsexuals the only criterion for accepting transsexuals anyway?
    I could imagine never getting over a hesitation to sleep with a transgender woman, yet still consider transgender people perfectly normal human beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Eramen wrote: »
    Transgender people have become little more than ammunition of social-political views here, blah. Same political culprits as always.
    Indeed.

"On a high horse" = someone who argues their case well but I don't agree with them.

Theres no positive way for me to respond to bollox like that so......

If you have to nit pick about my grammar then that says a lot about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Perfectly reasonable question to ask.

No, would you? :confused:

Well, as a straight female who isn't a big fan of incest, no. But then I'm not the one claiming that the "acid test" of whether a person is truly female is if you'd sleep with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Heres the acid test. Would you sleep with a transsexual?

A male who is transexual, is someone who dresses in female clothes, so no that wouldn't be attractive to me, personally. No offense to any transexuals here.

If you mean someone who is transgendered, it would depend but most likely no. What does that prove? I still accept the facts that transgendered females are born with a female brain and transgendered males are born with a male brain.

Theres no positive way for me to respond to bollox like that so......

If you have to nit pick about my grammar then that says a lot about you.
    It sure does, sweet cheeks ;)

As has been pointed out, it's how we learn.

None of us have all the answers so we form opinions to fill in the blanks.
    Yet at many points in our life we encounter information which shows our opinions to be at least partially-wrong, and we adjust our opinions accordingly.

It doesn't mean you have to "fold:" that's such a confrontational way to look at it.

We're simply augmenting our opinions with hard facts.

Do you feel all powerful now or do you want to keep going till some of your boards buddys join in??

• Advertisement

Why are you on an internet forum if you don't see the point in a little thing called debate.

By your logic, nobody should ever challenge racists, anti-Semites, homophobes, misogynists, misandrists etc.

Opinions can be wrong you know. If I say my opinion is that you have two heads, yet you and everyone else present the facts to me that you indeed only have one head, I can't just refuse that and say 'ah well if i folded on that than nobody would be allowed have a different opinion'

Do you feel all powerful now or do you want to keep going till some of your boards buddys join in??
    Keep trying to get the last word, Sweety :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Well, as a straight female who isn't a big fan of incest, no. But then I'm not the one claiming that the "acid test" of whether a person is truly female is if you'd sleep with them...

No, according to this whole thread a female is an organism that simply identifies/wishes/hopes to being a female- my granddad, me, that man across the street, my dog?

I had to bin logic there for a sec, but now I think I have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A male who is transexual, is someone who dresses in female clothes
    are you thinking of transvestite there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

It's ' I'm '
    Keep trying to get the last word, Sweety :)

Shhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Most people would change or at least reflect on their opinions if they encountered facts that contradicted them.

It's how we learn things.
    Which facts are these?
    Very few facts in this thread tbh

Links234 wrote: »
    are you thinking of transvestite there?

Ah sorry now, I am! It's getting late. I need to go to bed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

jeez for a thread about the lovely ladies competition this really kicked off. I look forward to the day transgenders can run in the mini marathon. Bound to be uproar

Which facts are these?
    Very few facts in this thread tbh

These.
    by god people, what is wrong with some of you?

seriously. do you not know that when you are talking about transgender people, you are talking about living, breathing human beings, who have feelings, hopes, dreams and lives? some of whom are reading this thread? and you talk like trans people are utterly inhuman? some people here really need to take a good long look in the mirror, and seriously cop on. I see that yet again, certain individuals are continuing to post like fanatics about trans issues, spewing the same ill-informed nonsense they have in countless threads before it. every time a thread like this comes up, there's some people who always seem to show up, one in particular who seems to have a huge axe to grind, and really it's gone beyond obsessive and it's just downright creepy.

I'll say it again, as I have a dozen times already, being transgender is NOT a mental illness/disorder or any form of psychiatric condition, it's been de-listed as a mental illness already in many countries, many professional mental health organizations have stated that it is not a mental illness and have gone on to advise against psychiatric treatment of transsexuality, deeming it to be ineffective. As well as that, in the past decade there has been an ever-increasing amount of evidence that shows transsexuality to have biological causes.

just one example of this: Transsexual Gene Link Identified

so lets please stop posting nonsense about transgender people
    Oh, and one other thing... YES, transgender women can compete in the olympics as women for years now, there's nothing new there.

they can compete, because after some time on hormone treatment, any physical advantage they might have had from being under the effects of testosterone are lost. my own musculature has changed drastically in the relatively short time I've been on treatment.

this will give you an idea of the kind of physiological changes that happen with male to female hormone treatment:

so yes, trans women can compete in the olympics :D

• Advertisement

Why are you on an internet forum if you don't see the point in a little thing called debate.

By your logic, nobody should ever challenge racists, anti-Semites, homophobes, misogynists, misandrists etc.

Opinions can be wrong you know. If I say my opinion is that you have two heads, yet you and everyone else present the facts to me that you indeed only have one head, I can't just refuse that and say 'ah well if i folded on that than nobody would be allowed have a different opinion'

All i am doing is stating my side and how i feel and see things.

I dont mind if no one agrees with me i dont mind if everyone does it wont change anything.

Now you all have your facts and your views and this is what you all believe to be the right thing great fair play.

I dont have facts to back up how i see this unfortunately. So at the end of the day you can feel how ever you like about this i have no problem with that.

But why do so many people feel the need to make me see the light :pac:

One last time for all the people who still dont get it.

I dont see things the same way as you all do and i wont see things any different no matter how many ''facts'' or petty insults people want to throw in.

Advertisement