Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Universe has a little secret...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

awec wrote: »
    Are they really verified though?

yes. there are absolutely loads of peer reviewed studies showing the physical nature of transsexuality, and as I've linked earlier, they've even identified "transsexual genes"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Are they really verified though? To me it seems the whole transgender thing is still pretty much up in the air with everyone having a different view on it. The idea of someone being born a man but really being a woman is alien to me, I can't wrap my head around it. But that's me. I certainly wouldn't view it as a mental illness though.

For what it's worth, personally I don't care. If they want to change gender that's up to them. I personally couldn't date a girl who used to be a guy. I'm sure plenty of guys feel the same, and I'm sure plenty of girls feel the same about the opposite situation.

Ultimately they are women in the eyes of the law and in day to day life, but when it comes to the romantic side of life I'd still think it was a man. If I am being unfair or rude or crass there I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to be controversial or annoy anyone (especially as it seems there are some transgender people reading this thread). Just saying it as I think I'd see it if the situation arose. So while you may be treated pretty much the same as someone born your new sex, you'll never be seen as exactly the same as someone born your new sex.

I think most transgenders are aware of this though, I don't think that'd come as a surprise to them. :)

Well Links234's links seem pretty trustworthy to me.

But it's one thing to feel uncomfortable about being sexually or romantically involved with a transgender person: it's quite another to spew vitriol about transsexuals and call them "freak shows," say they have psychological defects, and get angry about them identifying with a particular gender, as people have elsewhere in this thread.

I'm sad to admit that I would probably hesitate about being in a relationship with a transgender woman: it's a prejudice and it doesn't mean I'd never get involved with a transgender woman, but I'm just being honest and think lots of people, unfortunately, would have that initial hesitation too.

But that doesn't mean I don't think transsexuals aren't regular people who should be entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm always amazed and appalled in equal measures when trans subjects come up in AH, it's so strange to see what utter filth is evidently perfectly socially acceptable for most.

You're talking about human beings, seriously, what the fuck? I'm not even talking about the comments that have prompted outrage, a lot of what's passing under the radar really would not be acceptable in relation to any other group.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Links234 wrote: »
    yes. there are absolutely loads of peer reviewed studies showing the physical nature of transsexuality, and as I've linked earlier, they've even identified "transsexual genes"
    Well Links234's links seem pretty trustworthy to me.

But it's one thing to feel uncomfortable about being sexually or romantically involved with a transgender person: it's quite another to spew vitriol about transsexuals and call them "freak shows," say they have psychological defects, and get angry about them identifying with a particular gender, as people have elsewhere in this thread.

I'm sad to admit that I would probably hesitate about being in a relationship with a transgender woman: it's a prejudice and it doesn't mean I'd never get involved with a transgender woman, but I'm just being honest and think lots of people, unfortunately, would have that initial hesitation too.

But that doesn't mean I don't think transsexuals aren't regular people who should be entitled to the same rights as everyone else.
    Absolutely. All fair points.

My post certainly wasn't me having a go at transgender people, and I hope it didn't come across that way.

Absolutely. All fair points.

My post certainly wasn't me having a go at transgender people, and I hope it didn't come across that way.

No, not at all.

I was thinking of the other posters who clearly just hate any transgender person, to the point of disregarding facts completely (as opposed to reasonably questioning them) if they disagree with their hate-filled worldview.

Thankfully, most of them have been scared away by said facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I didn't take it that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Thats the beauty of having your own mind you think for yourself.
    And ignore strong evidence that is contrary to how you think? If there were more people like you, we would have no new scientific progress, we'd still be living back in the ages when germ theory was an absurd notion. Admitting you are wrong in the face of strong evidence and changing your opinion doesn't make you a fool, or any less independently minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dudess wrote: »
    Ya haven't?! :pac:

In fairness though, I don't think angerfist is disputing the facts, just expressing the point of view that transsexuality makes him feel uncomfortable.

To be honest its not that it makes me feel uncomfortable i just dont take the whole thing seriously.

You can be born a man with the mind of a woman or visa versa and have a sex change and want to live your life as a woman and believe thats what you are and thats what you should be excepted as but bottom line is your not a woman your a man who had surgery to look something like a woman.

Far as im concerned i could not care less how my point of view comes across weather its viewed as ignorance or hurtful or being a prick to a fellow human whatever end of the day i dont really care.

I wouldnt even normally be arsed to comment on this kinda crap only for the fact any time the word is mentioned on here the same bloody brigade come out in force and parades THERE problems and forces them on everyone else. You either except us or your wrong.......

I could not give two ****s if your black white man woman gay straight whatever just dont expect the whole world to want to embrace what you are. And if you think pairing up with people on here to win an internet debate is gonna change that good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

Dont think Ill watch this show as much anymore so... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

To be honest its not that it makes me feel uncomfortable i just dont take the whole thing seriously.

You can be born a man with the mind of a woman or visa versa and have a sex change and want to live your life as a woman and believe thats what you are and thats what you should be excepted as but bottom line is your not a woman your a man who had surgery to look something like a woman.

Far as im concerned i could not care less how my point of view comes across weather its viewed as ignorance or hurtful or being a prick to a fellow human whatever end of the day i dont really care.

I wouldnt even normally be arsed to comment on this kinda crap only for the fact any time the word is mentioned on here the same bloody brigade come out in force and parades THERE problems and forces them on everyone else. You either except us or your wrong.......

I could not give two ****s if your black white man woman gay straight whatever just dont expect the whole world to want to embrace what you are. And if you think pairing up with people on here to win an internet debate is gonna change that good luck :)

The fact that you don't care that your views come across as ignorant says it all.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The fact that you don't care that your views come across as ignorant says it all.

What does it say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

What does it say?

It says you know your views are ignorant.

It's like me coming on here and saying all black people are freaks and not worthy of being accepted for who they are. I know I'm being ignorant, I know there's no facts to support my view yet I'm still going to maintain my view.

I feel very sorry for you.

It says you know your views are ignorant.

It's like me coming on here and saying all black people are freaks and not worthy of being accepted for who they are. I know I'm being ignorant, I know there's no facts to support my view yet I'm still going to maintain my view.

I feel very sorry for you.

You feel very sorry for me? :pac: Do you want some kind of feeling back from me ?

See my views are my views there my opinions there how i see things.
    By saying i know there ignorant is bull ****.

How about u put yourself in that position and anytime you ever disagreed blindly with something other people where set on and u felt strongly about.

How does that make you any different to me or anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

boo! how dare you have your own point of view , c'mon lets get him!!!

how dare you not accept women made in a surgery , they have a gap and no balls , that makes them women ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

How many people whom consider transsexuals as "women" would actually sleep with one?

You feel very sorry for me? :pac: Do you want some kind of feeling back from me ?

How about u put yourself in that position and anytime you ever disagreed blindly with something other people where set on and u felt strongly about.

Most people would change or at least reflect on their opinions if they encountered facts that contradicted them.

It's how we learn things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Nope, don't expect anything from you and believe it or not I do feel sorry for you. I'm not trying to be patronising, I actually do. I dunno, maybe it's because I come from a very reasoned, scientific background. When someone refuses to debate or accept facts in front of them, it just makes me feel sorry for them. Maybe it's just because I love learning new things and I'm always open minded, yet strongly opinionated.

But enough about me, why is it that you "feel so strongly" about this subject? Why do you have such disgust for breathing, living, human beings?

By the way, I've had debates with transgendered people on here before. I don't agree with everything some of them have said on here. I have my own opinions too. The difference between me and you is I'm not ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

boo! how dare you have your own point of view , c'mon lets get him!!!

how dare you not accept women made in a surgery , they have a gap and no balls , that makes them women ! :rolleyes:
    As devastating as your sarcasm is, you've missed the point. Completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

In fairness though, I don't think angerfist is disputing the facts, just expressing the point of view that transsexuality makes him feel uncomfortable.

It's THEIR problems not THERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

IrishAm wrote: »
    How many people whom consider transsexuals as "women" would actually sleep with one?

boom!

• Advertisement

Most people would change or at least reflect on their opinions if they encountered facts that contradicted them.

It's how we learn things.

Would it make you more happy if you where able to ''turn'' me or something.

How about i start trying to make you see things like i do with the help of some lovely facts??

Ya i already know how that would go.....

So dont expect it from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

PinkFly wrote: »

I think he was referring to the weather :p

Nope, don't expect anything from you and believe it or not I do feel sorry for you. I'm not trying to be patronising, I actually do. I dunno, maybe it's because I come from a very reasoned, scientific background. When someone refuses to debate or accept facts in front of them, it just makes me feel sorry for them. Maybe it's just because I love learning new things and I'm always open minded, yet strongly opinionated.

But enough about me, why is it that you "feel so strongly" about this subject? Why do you have such disgust for breathing, living, human beings?

By the way, I've had debates with transgendered people on here before. I don't agree with everything some of them have said on here. I have my own opinions too. The difference between me and you is I'm not ignorant.

Heres the acid test. Would you sleep with a transsexual?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Heres the acid test. Would you sleep with a transsexual?

Definitely. In a separate sleeping bag.

lol jesus christ i accept the facts the facts though dont change how i feel about the subject can you not see that??

You can list facts on anything in the world that proves 100 percent what they are but does that mean everyone has to accept it??

Bloody round and round and round here. No matter what any of you come at me with i aint gonna change how i feel.

Would it make you more happy if you where able to ''turn'' me or something.

How about i start trying to make you see things like i do with the help of some lovely facts??

Ya i already know how that would go.....

So dont expect it from me.

If you have some facts to back up your opinions I'd be happy to look at them. I doubt there are any, but if there is convincing evidence that transgender people are freaks who try to force people to accept them then I'll believe that's the case.

I think it's stupendously unlikely that there are any such facts, but I'd be happy to look at them and change my views accordingly if they convinced me.

So please, share any links you have.

Also, I'm not trying to turn you, just point out that I think it's absurd to refuse to accept facts which contradict your opinion.
    That's why I don't believe the sun goes away at night anymore.

grindle wrote: »
    Definitely. In a separate sleeping bag.

Would the hetrosexual males on here that claim transsexuals are women, have sexual intercourse with a transsexual?

If not, they are hypocrites. :)

PinkFly wrote: »

So im taking an English class now as well as a Transsexual acceptance class

Great....... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

As long as you don't behave unreasonably towards people whom you know are transgendered I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Would the hetrosexual males on here that claim transsexuals are women, have sexual intercourse with a transsexual?

If not, they are hypocrites. :)

If I genuinely couldn't tell.
    OHMYGFUKCIDUNNO!!!

Advertisement