Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Tiger must-have items

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Did anyone mention that twat that couldnt drink beer on draught but needed to be seen slurping on the red or green bottle..,,, Even thou you got half as much and paid virtually the same.
    Oh yeah sorry it tastes extra tasty from the bottle i guess ;):rolleyes:

He he he.. What ya drinkin now rich boiiiiiiiiii:rolleyes:

To be fair in some pubs the draught is horrific so bottles are necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Kaner2004 wrote: »
    I really thought I made that word up. Sh1t.

You did..I just defined it for you:D

Please don't go all sopa on my a*s:p

Celtic tiger must have... Pictures of socialites, developers, bankers & solicitors partying in our Sunday papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Kaner2004

micropig wrote: »
    You did..I just defined it for you:D

Please don't go all sopa on my a*s:p

Celtic tiger must have... Pictures of socialites, developers, bankers & solicitors partying in our Sunday papers

We'll share the glory

Kaner2004 wrote: »
    We'll share the glory

How times have changed..in the celtic tiger with would have fought each other in the pages of VIP, each claiming to be the 'real' brains behind the operation and how we are spending the millions of our overnight success:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Kaner2004

micropig wrote: »
    How times have changed..in the celtic tiger with would have fought each other in the pages of VIP, each claiming to be the 'real' brains behind the operation and how we are spending the millions of our overnight success:D

The higher our "Burn rate" the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Squ wrote: »
    Mine are for security, as I'm so far out the country that the only people who'll be coming to my house unannounced are knackers looking to steal my jetskis and deck heaters ;)

So different strokes..

Dont worry, they would'nt touch Jetskis or deck heaters with a 40 foot pole now. no market for them...;)
    But keep a good eye on the gates, worth a fortune for scrap at the moment.:)
    Where you living by the way...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Squ wrote: »
    Begrudgery is the new snobbery..
    Have to agree with this. Snobbery and begrudgery are sister vices.

Snobbery is an irrational pride in the wealth you own, begrudgery is an irrational sneer at the wealth that others own.

Both usually observed in the same cohort of people under alternate circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Pedigree dogs, usually dumb as they were pretty. I'm really welcoming the return of the loveable mutt since everyone I know who's gotten a dog over the last few years have rescued.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

€50 notes every time you went to the bar,anything less and you weren't being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Your wedding photos in colour...:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

"Socialite" as your occupation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I thought that things at RTE were so bad, that they were showing repeats of Nationwide from the "boom" era, but no this was right up to date.

two lads called Breffni (Bref to his friends) and Aaron (pronounced Ayron) running Dublin Bay tours in a €500,000 yacht and chomping on Monkfish panninis for lunch.

http://www.gosailing.ie/en/about/

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Tommy Hilfinger and Ben Sherman now that has turned to M&S and Ben (but) Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

All the Z list RTE so called stars getting zillions of yo,yos a year, the helicopters and helipads, the fine wines, the vintage champers, having a car that's one year old and needs to be upgraded, going into a bar and hearing conversations about the house that was bought for 700k and spending 400k upgrading the kitchen. the list goes on and on i always said the bubble will burst and glad it did took every one back down to earth just could not go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

baz2009 wrote: »

Most Irish people will never notice the difference. The sh*t they drink here makes my hair fall out, but they're only interested in getting as drunk as possible, as quickly as possible.
    Such fripperies as taste only get in the way if you're trying to skull as many pints as possible while you're still upright.
    Budweiser is piss and Heineken is chemical waste. Perfect for most. Guinness is odd but drinkable (but it doesn't like me) and Carlsberg is the only draught mainstream beer that actually resembles such.
    If you want decent beer, you have to order the proper bottle, so the barman can do a little jig of glee, because you're paying twice as much for half the beer.
    But again, 90% of people wouldn't notice if you emptied their pint and pissed in it.
    I have never seen a place where people give less of a sh*t about beer as Ireland.
    So, most people ordered "fancy" beer to be seen drinking it, could have been rat's urine in there, they wouldn't have known. So, fancy beer, Celtic Tiger must have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Most Irish people will never notice the difference. The sh*t they drink here makes my hair fall out, but they're only interested in getting as drunk as possible, as quickly as possible.
    Such fripperies as taste only get in the way if you're trying to skull as many pints as possible while you're still upright.
    Budweiser is piss and Heineken is chemical waste. Perfect for most. Guinness is odd but drinkable (but it doesn't like me) and Carlsberg is the only draught mainstream beer that actually resembles such.
    If you want decent beer, you have to order the proper bottle, so the barman can do a little jig of glee, because you're paying twice as much for half the beer.
    But again, 90% of people wouldn't notice if you emptied their pint and pissed in it.
    I have never seen a place where people give less of a sh*t about beer as Ireland.
    So, most people ordered "fancy" beer to be seen drinking it, could have been rat's urine in there, they wouldn't have known. So, fancy beer, Celtic Tiger must have.

You're some connoisseur. Has it ever occurred to you that almost all beer is p*ss?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

baz2009 wrote: »
    When I read this I thought you were saying that some fecker in your local leaves the door open and the resulting breeze takes the head off your pint. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

They're right too. People drink beer for the effect, not for the shagging taste.

Eddie Hobbs - -That prog where he sorts out people's budget "Show me the Money"... not able to pay the ESB, but credit card bulls of €300,000, all for shoes/holidays etc...Love to see how some of them are managing their budget now:D

Brides by Franc...€80,000+ for a wedding......ooooh move the bales from the field, they're ruining my view, I don't care how much it costs:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

You're some connoisseur. Has it ever occurred to you that almost all beer is p*ss?
    You're doing it wrong (which is dr.fuzzenstein's point, I believe)! There is such a wide variety of beers out there - some horrific, some absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, in Ireland, the popular beers are the mcdonalised ones, popular due to heavy advertising/sponsorship etc and running an effective cartel in our pubs (they all come from either Diageo or Henieken, hence the same pricing and piss poor quality). When an Irish teenager first has a beer, they will always go with Bud/Heineken/Carsberg/Coors etc (because they're the brands they are most aware of) and then pick one of those and keep drinking that one forever.

A man loses his virginity to beer twice. First is when he first starts drinking beer, the second time, when he starts enjoying the huge variety of real beers.

It's time to put down the big mac and start ordering the filet mignon!

• Advertisement

dotsman wrote: »
    It's time to put down the big mac and start ordering the filet mignon!

Eh..celtic tigers over:rolleyes:

No recession in your house:p

+1 about the beer

It is here, because it is all mass produced swill brewed up in some giant factory somewhere in a huge industrial estate. It's all about yield, the fastest brewing time, the widest possible distribution, cutting costs and maximizing profit. Does not make for good beer.
    I guess as a German I am a tad spoilt.
    Try the (proper alcoholic) Becks, Krombacher or Bitburger. But those are the big ones in Germany and most towns have their own brewery, so every town has it's own beer and every one of those is adamant theirs is best, it's actually a matter of pride.
    Or try Andechser, it's actually brewed in a monastery by Monks.
    Belgium has nice beer, some of which is brewed using Champagne yeast.
    Once went to Pilsen in the Czech Republic, beware, strong stuff.
    There are many places where brewers brew beer because they are passionate about it and people drink it because it is very nice.
    Here the brewers are interested in profit and the drinkers are interested in getting hammered.
    And that is why beer here is 90% piss.
    Some people in Germany can't tell the difference either, that's why they drink Warsteiner. Poor sods.
    I actually like beer, I have tasted some genuinely good stuff, but rarely in this country.
    It has improved, but not in Clare. There, the only micro brewery (Biddy Early) has closed, now some McPub, selling the usual sh*te. And people haven't even noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Celtic Tiger must-have items.

Beer made by monks.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

vixdname wrote: »
    50 or 60 inch Flatscreen TVs

In sitting rooms that can hardly hold a 3 seater couch in a 1 bed apartment that they paid half a mil for.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Celtic Tiger must-have items.

Beer made by monks.

If drank by louts who wouldn't know the difference if the bottles contained cat pee.

cute_cow wrote: »
    In sitting rooms that can hardly hold a 3 seater couch in a 1 bed apartment that they paid half a mil for.

Now worth E70k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Renting a room in Alison O'Riordan's swish apartment. And being able to share her car parking space at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

F1 Grand Prix (anywhere other than the british which was too near home) the only sporting event worth going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When I read this I thought you were saying that some fecker in your local leaves the door open and the resulting breeze takes the head off your pint. :D:D:D

:D:D:D
    I thought the exact same thing when I read that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Paddysboys

Treadmill
    Heating oil
    (I have a very good top of the range treadmill only used once that I would swop for a half a fill of heating oil or maybe a good jetski ya I can see me on a jetski)

Taxing the car for 12 months
    Filling the car with petrol
    Buying every kind of s**t that would come into lidl even if you didn't need it

Advertisement