Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good hostel near the Woolshed? Can't be dealing with waiting for the bus like I normally do, want to sleep and not be freezing my arse off!

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you missed it in the Facebook earlier, here's a sneak peak at part of our full, WWE-themed cocktail and shot menu! It'll be available on the night and at all future WWE Parties in Woolshed! :)

10308370_587865978017651_7441100079966187208_n.jpg?oh=5e35308801f3b11b97c712fd045aef11&oe=557D39BA&__gda__=1434026342_db294becf6fb0a0d345766470c6fe286

We're down to the last couple of dozen tickets lads, and I'll say it a million times and we'll still get people asking (not so much here to be fair) once they go, there WON'T be any on the door. I'd expect them to go by late Monday or early Tuesday. So if you or any of your mates want some, get them literally as soon as you see this: https://entertainment.ticketsolve.com/shows/873529038/events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Enjoy lads, was there last year and it was great craic. It's an exhausting night though (nothing to do with how it's run, just the fact that it's a 4 hour show and the minority being unable to handle their gargle) so I'll be watching in my gaf this time.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Enjoy lads, was there last year and it was great craic. It's an exhausting night though (nothing to do with how it's run, just the fact that it's a 4 hour show and the minority being unable to handle their gargle) so I'll be watching in my gaf this time.

No worries. Out of interest is there anything you find we could do better to cater the night more to what you'd be looking for? Honestly, don't worry I won't argue, we're thorough in looking for constructive feedback and keen not to take our eye off the ball. My own opinion would be that people can watch PPVs in their houses any month so I'm always trying to find something that'd make them want to come out and celebrate the few they get to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

leggo wrote: »
    No worries. Out of interest is there anything you find we could do better to cater the night more to what you'd be looking for? Honestly, don't worry I won't argue, we're thorough in looking for constructive feedback and keen not to take our eye off the ball. My own opinion would be that people can watch PPVs in their houses any month so I'm always trying to find something that'd make them want to come out and celebrate the few they get to.

There's not a whole lot you can do about people getting too drunk so in no way the fault of you guys.

The only constructive suggestion I could make is maybe just get the bouncers to keep a closer eye on people. Last year I was upstairs, at the bottom of the couple of the steps to the toilets, and there was one guy in particular at the top of the steps absolutely blathered. I knew something was going to happen and sure I felt something hard hit the back of my leg. It was the guys stool, and he was flat on his ass when I looked up. :pac:

So maybe if the lads spot anyone that legless maybe just get them to have a quiet word, and if they don't co-operate just turf them out.

Cheers, it is something we do try and keep an eye out for, there's one group who've no interest in wrestling but have shown up since the Captains days for the late bar that are barred now for example. But noted, we bring this stuff up with Woolshed as it comes to us and it's always acted upon immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Cutting the sleves off a white shirt tonight so I'll be ready by next weekend. Just have to sort out new black slacks

14x tickets left as of this second. These are gone tonight or early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Delighted to see how well it is seling! regardless of the sh!t sandwich of a card, I am really looking forward to the party! :D

Leggo man do you want me to bring the merch on the night or do you need it earlier?

• Advertisement

There are literally two tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Does having the smart casual code mean you can't dress up as a wrestler like Sin Cara for example or Randy Savage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Does having the smart casual code mean you can't dress up as a wrestler like Sin Cara for example or Randy Savage?
    I think it means you can't wear tracksuits. That's it. Dressing up is fine!

Yeah dressing up is encouraged!

Tickets are now officially sold out guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Awesome job man! It seems to be selling out quicker and quicker each year and it's credit to how good the event is combined with how you guys promote it!

Decided after the Karaoke last time that I'm going to get a Hawaiian shirt, the hat and go as Wyatt (probably one of the rare people wanting him to win at WM!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nice work on the sellout dude! I found a wrestlemania party in a huge bar/restaurant here in sepang tickets are RM10(equivalant of €2.50) and I intend to sneak a video so you can compare your woolshed party with 300 screaming malaysians and one 6 foot 18 stone white guy :)

YOU SOLD OUT!
    YOU SOLD OUT!
    YOU SOLD OUT!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

You all bought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Ah balls was going to get a couple of tickets today since I convinced my buddy to go. Typical of my luck :(

Woolshed are now giving away stadium seats on their Facebook if anyone wants to enter (ticket holders only, the prize doesn't include tickets).
    Ah balls was going to get a couple of tickets today since I convinced my buddy to go. Typical of my luck :(

If you go onto the event and look at some of the posts by others on our page, some people who can't make it are selling at face value. We can't verify these ticket sales, but a ticket is a ticket to us at the door as long as it scans! Worth a shot if you really want to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Woolshed are now giving away stadium seats on their Facebook if anyone wants to enter (ticket holders only, the prize doesn't include tickets).

If you go onto the event and look at some of the posts by others on our page, some people who can't make it are selling at face value. We can't verify these ticket sales, but a ticket is a ticket to us at the door as long as it scans! Worth a shot if you really want to go.

Thanks! Messaged the lads and put a post of my own up there, here's to hoping! :)

Guys, if you're still planning on doing the RTC bit, I think it'd fit at the start of the night, so would it be possible to have you guys there as the Ireland game ends? We'll chat for a couple minutes beforehand and come up with the plan.

I've no problem with that, can't wait to see where it goes. Should be a laugh

I have ideas if needed but I'd be happy to let you guys do whatever you've got in mind too!

Bingo is coming back!

10516797_591829334287982_9006487009864183049_n.jpg?oh=a5f000b7ca0828e2ec0431ad625190bd&oe=55A7228D

Biongo is always great craic.....must remember to bring a feckin pen this time though :pac:

Can't go to this one unfortunately. I've been offered a spot in Claire Byrne live on RTÉ Monday night so I'll need to keep my voice and grab some beauty sleep. Sorry lads!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't go to this one unfortunately. I've been offered a spot in Claire Byrne live on RTÉ Monday night so I'll need to keep my voice and grab some beauty sleep. Sorry lads!

Claire Byrne Live and a X-Factor Audition coming up.... You sold out, you sold out :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Claire Byrne Live and a X-Factor Audition coming up.... You sold out, you sold out :pac:

I didn't sell out, I bought IN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

If anyone has tickets for sale can you send me a pm. Cheers. Looking for two but happy to buy them individually.

Also leggo, thanks for organizing. What is the link where people are selling tickets?

Advertisement