Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

You mean his name might actually NOT be Rick Nash?! :eek:

Next you'll be saying Justin Credible isn't a real name! ;) :pac:

No just saying Nash isn't a surname you hear in Ireland much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

cena wrote: »
    No just saying Nash isn't a surname you hear in Ireland much

Ya got me, my real surname is O'Shaughnessy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

leggo wrote: »

Was hoping it was Rick O'Shea :D

I was going to ask if you where related to the hockey player. Never mind. I would to come to one of these party's only Sundays aren't good for me and drive back to Galway the same night wouldn't be great

I was going to ask if you where related to the hockey player. Never mind. I would to come to one of these party's only Sundays aren't good for me and drive back to Galway the same night wouldn't be great

No relation, no. Ah that's a shame, you should try fit it in sometime, I'm sure the boardsies who come along will attest it's worth the effort and we have a bunch of people who travel for them! (There was a stag party from England who came especially to Dublin to fit the most recent Rumble party in on their last night for example) Hopefully one day we'll get you down.

• Advertisement

No relation, no. Ah that's a shame, you should try fit it in sometime, I'm sure the boardsies who come along will attest it's worth the effort and we have a bunch of people who travel for them! (There was a stag party from England who came especially to Dublin to fit the most recent Rumble party in on their last night for example) Hopefully one day we'll get you down.

I wish I could. If only ppv where on a Saturday that would be great I could stay up.
    Is there much drink consumed at this as I'm a none drinker

It's a bar so yeah, there's alcohol. But we've a lot of non-drinkers who head along too. Wings, water and wrasslin' is a good triple-threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Is there much drink consumed at this as I'm a none drinker

Don't drink myself but it doesn't effect the night at all! Good fun, lots of games and entrainment and the soft drinks and food are a good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

50/50 at the min if me and the fiance can make it. Im thinking of going all out and rocking up in big van vader gear complete with mask(kinky I know)

Just trying to convince my better half to go as Gail Kim(she's malaysian).

Anyone suggest a hotel nearby?

Kankan14 wrote: »
    50/50 at the min if me and the fiance can make it. Im thinking of going all out and rocking up in big van vader gear complete with mask(kinky I know)

Just trying to convince my better half to go as Gail Kim(she's malaysian).

Anyone suggest a hotel nearby?

Love it. We let the best five costumes into the first round of the Hall of Fame contest, so if you guys do those costumes there's a good shot you'll both get in! Hotel-wise it depends what your budget is, the Maldron is a beautiful hotel right beside the venue but doesn't come cheap so it's more if you wanna treat yourselves, whereas if you're looking for value there are plenty of hostels nearby. I find booking.ie great for finding good rates and there's a pretty reliable review system on it too.

EDIT: Just had a quick scan on booking.ie there and found some well-reviewed places, like the Charleville Lodge Hotel, for under €60 for a double room. There's decent deals to be had there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Barrys hotel isn't too far away and usually cheap enough for basically just a bed as well.It's about 10 minute walk max away from woolshed.

Thanks for suggestions guys but I'll still be in Malaysia had my dates mixed up. Will def make one of these eventually with or without Gail Kim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shame Kankan, could probably have put you up in the spare room, I live about 15 mins away.

Oh, ticket bought. :)

Who else is in so far? I might book another table just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Shame Kankan, could probably have put you up in the spare room, I live about 15 mins away.

Oh, ticket bought. :)

Who else is in so far? I might book another table just to be on the safe side.
    Oh god I'm definitely going! So excited for this now!

Very generous of you moneymaker. I'll def make one eventually and put faces to names.

For the third year running, we'll be bringing back the WWE Parties HALL OF FAME CEREMONY, inducting those who've made outstanding contributions to our parties over the past year AND offering 10x participants (the five best fancy dress get automatic entry) the chance to get on stage and participate in a series of challenges to get their spot at immortality.

Less than 150 tickets left three weeks away from the event. This is the fastest tickets have ever sold for a WWE party. Guys I'm not just promoting or bluffing when I say: these tickets will sell out. If you haven't got some already, get on it. At this rate we're due to sell out sometime next week, I'd estimate, and if not the panic on show week usually clears the last of the tickets. And if it sells out we can't do ANY door sales.

Fair warning as we always get people left disappointed and I'd prefer boardsies looking to go to get hooked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Just realised the Ireland vs Poland Euro 2016 qualifier is the same night as Mania - Woolshed is going to be HOPPING! Even before the preshow!

We're looking for suggestions for a WWE-themed COCKTAIL MENU for the night! Have a look at the Woolshed's current cocktail menu below and let us know your ideas!

e.g. Strawberry Daquiri - Strawberry Tajiri and so on...

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/about/cocktails-and-shots/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

We're looking for suggestions for a WWE-themed COCKTAIL MENU for the night! Have a look at the Woolshed's current cocktail menu below and let us know your ideas!

Black Russian = A Rusev?

White Russian = A Lana?

Golden Dream = Shattered Dreams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

had this idea before so here it is again with a few new additions:

Woo Woo becomes a WOO WOO WOO
    Long island Iced Tea Becomes Long island Iced Z
    Comfort Zone becomes The UnderTakers Yard
    Sex on the beach becomes Trouble in Paradice
    Alabama Slammer becomes a Sidewalk Slam
    Passion Fruit Punch becomes the Knockout Punch
    Pina Colada becomes a Santina Colada
    White Russian becomes "the Great White" (or a valadamir Koslov)
    Screamin’ Queen becomes The Paige
    Harvey Wallbanger becomes Harvey Wippleman
    Golden Dream becomes Goldust's Shattered Dreams
    Falling Fruit Bat becomes 5 Star Frog Splash
    Screwball becomes The AJ Lee

and I only have one for the shots:
    A Flatliner becomes a Rich Nash Special! :pac:

And the Non Alcoholic Cocktails become "Striaght Edge" Cocktails!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Baby Guinness – Hornswoggle?

We had a free bar at a work do once and just starting taking the piss with the drinks – I asked the bar man to fix me a Guerrero – Tequila, Kahlúa
    and Red Bull – had him convinced they were common knowledge across the pond.

PS – yes, they tasted like muck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

It will be my first time going to a WWE Party at the Woolshed. I'm getting more excited with each passing day :D.

I'm hoping it'll be best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

We've got Bret coming? Score! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We've got Bret coming? Score! :pac:

I don't know Bret isn't as fun as you'd think he'd be these days.

2u7q980.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Got my tickets the other day. Still only missed one show since the Captain America days :P. We have teenage mutant ninja turtle costumes for the darts coming up trying to convince the lads to wear them to this as well just for the craic.

Football fans: Woolshed WILL be airing the crucial Ireland/Poland Euro Qualifier in full before ‪#‎WoolshedMania4‬, with the WrestleMania 31 Party beginning immediately after the match ends!

Our door will be open from 9pm so you can claim your wristbands and booked tables available from 10pm. It's gonna be a great atmosphere from the get-go, the perfect night for WrestleMania 31!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rang earlier and they said no more table bookings, bit annoying as there will be 7 or 8 of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Anyone know of a good hostel near the Woolshed? Can't be dealing with waiting for the bus like I normally do, want to sleep and not be freezing my arse off!

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Rang earlier and they said no more table bookings, bit annoying as there will be 7 or 8 of us...

Have to get in early for table reservations. Don't worry though they don't book all tables and leave some first-come, first-served.

Advertisement