Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Leggo , what are the chances of it selling out my wed? Think my friend is picking up mine on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Tough to tell with these things, and I'm wary not to give anything specific as I don't want to promise one thing and then another happens, but the trend has been that for Rumble and Mania tickets sell out the week of the show (think Mania even went before that this year). I'll update as soon as I hear they're gone. Another alternative is to call Wrestling Mania and do a phone booking if that suits?

We're giving away two free Golden Tickets for the Royal Rumble Party AND Low Blows Live 2/Royal Rumble Table Quiz on Balls.ie if anyone wants to enter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Cheers for the heads up! I'll pass that on to someone I know who'd be interested in entering it!

LOW BLOWS LIVE 2/ROYAL RUMBLE TABLE QUIZ FAQ:

Q: You've annoyed me with a notification to read this...what's the story with it then, go on?
    A: 'Low Blows Live 2' takes place TOMORROW (Wednesday) night in Ned's Bar in Woolshed Baa & Grill, Parnell St. It will involve a live taping of the wildly popular 'Low Blows' podcast and a Royal Rumble Table Quiz with WWE goodie bags up for grabs.

Q: Wildly popular?
    A: Just go with it.

Q: Where's Ned's again?
    A: In the back upstairs in Woolshed. Where the NFL and comedy nights usually take place.

Q: Ah yeah, my sister had her 21st there.
    A: ...cool...

Q: But I have work/college/a dentist's appointment/a shoot with Chyna the next morning and I can't stay out late on a Wednesday?
    A: That's fine. The show begins at 8pm, with doors open from 7.30pm, and ends at 11pm max, so more than enough time to get public transport home.

Q: How much?
    A: You can get in with a Golden Ticket, on-sale at the door for €11 if you haven't already got one, which also gives you access to the Royal Rumble Party on Sunday. If you already have a general admission ticket, you can upgrade by showing that at the door and paying €5 on the night.

Q: Is there gonna be pizza on sale? I heard there was.
    A: ...eh, yeah. Woolshed has a full food menu, including pizza, on offer. Try the chicken wings, they're class. I think you're thinking of something else though.

Q: Will Humperdink be wrestling?
    A: Yeah you're definitely thinking of something else.

Q: Is it true there were two Ultimate Warriors?
    A: That's got nothing to do with any of this! And no! Who wrote these questions?

Q: You did. This is a manufactured conversation released for promotional purposes.
    A: Oh, right. Don't miss 'Low Blows Live 2' tomorrow in Woolshed guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Note to self: make sure I bring the box of prizes home from work....and then make sure i remember to bring them back into town!

Looking forward to this tonight!

ps: Leggo - any chance on Sunday you could play the gimmick battle royale from wm 17 - I know its TECHNICALLY not A Rumble match (or a match on a Rumble card) but it's great fun!

leggo wrote: »
    Tough to tell with these things, and I'm wary not to give anything specific as I don't want to promise one thing and then another happens, but the trend has been that for Rumble and Mania tickets sell out the week of the show (think Mania even went before that this year). I'll update as soon as I hear they're gone. Another alternative is to call Wrestling Mania and do a phone booking if that suits?

Just found out he got my ticket already. Cheers for the advice Leggo

ps: Leggo - any chance on Sunday you could play the gimmick battle royale from wm 17 - I know its TECHNICALLY not A Rumble match (or a match on a Rumble card) but it's great fun!

Sorry dude, classic matches DVD is done. Vote for it for WrestleMania though, I'd say if you put it on Facebook and remind people it exists it could get enough momentum to make the list.
    Just found out he got my ticket already. Cheers for the advice Leggo

Good stuff, I was actually thinking of you when I got the below news...
    10...9...8...7...6...5...4 DAYS UNTIL THE ROYAL RUMBLE!

Your Royal Rumble Party week begins TONIGHT!

Tickets are now SOLD OUT from Wrestling Mania. However we'll have an EXTREMELY LIMITED batch of Golden Tickets (€11) available @ the door tonight for our 'Low Blows Live 2'/Royal Rumble Table Quiz sold on a first-come, first-served basis!

We'll also have a further announcement about tickets tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

So the party Sunday is sold out?

I have a table for 5 booked was away so couldn't get tickets.

Sorry dude, classic matches DVD is done. Vote for it for WrestleMania though, I'd say if you put it on Facebook and remind people it exists it could get enough momentum to make the list.

Good stuff, I was actually thinking of you when I got the below news...

Yea i was onto him last night because if he couldn't get it before today i was gonna ring up Wrestling Mania myself just incase .

Ciano enter the Balls.ie competition for a golden ticket

• Advertisement

ciano316 wrote: »
    So the party Sunday is sold out?

I have a table for 5 booked was away so couldn't get tickets.

We have an announcement tomorrow about last gasp ways you can get tix tomorrow. We also have a grand total of 14x golden tickets left we're selling off at the door of Low Blows Live tonight, on first-come, first-served. You're not absolutely ****ed yet, don't worry. Balls contest is closed now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hope tonight went well lads didn't buy a ticket as was gonna be in work (just down the road too :() looking forward to listening to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yesterday was great fun! Fair play lads - roll on Sunday!

Thanks for coming Graham and anyone else from here who made it. Great night. You can listen below.

As we announced guys, Woolshed have agreed to let us sell an extra 100x tickets AT THE DOOR for anyone who didn't get a ticket. First-come, first-served from 9pm.

https://soundcloud.com/raginrick/low-blows-xl-low-blows-live-2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

As we announced guys, Woolshed have agreed to let us sell an extra 100x tickets AT THE DOOR for anyone who didn't get a ticket. First-come, first-served from 9pm.

I'll have to avail of that.

Is there a Boards.ie table?

Woolshed didn't put a boards table because the last two times before SurSer they went unclaimed and there's extremely limited amount of table bookings (they always go quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'm be going with some work friends! Be nice to put some faces to names if I see you lot there!
    I'll be sporting this frankly awesome tee

fig,asphalt,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Woolshed didn't put a boards table because the last two times before SurSer they went unclaimed and there's extremely limited amount of table bookings (they always go quickly).

Just to say at Summerslam the Boards table was full of Boards members, so might be worth mentioning that they were indeed claimed but by the right people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just to say at Summerslam the Boards table was full of Boards members, so might be worth mentioning that they were indeed claimed but by the right people :p

I think there was about 8 boardsies at it in fairness

Lads tbh I don't deal with all that, I asked but that's the response I got and I don't know who's sitting where as I'm up on stage all night, as you know. Though I do remember there being a thing with people sitting at your table then and you having to take it off them, right?

Your best bet is calling up and booking under a certain name, though, as that's the impression there when I ask; fair or unfair. Could easily be something stupid like a lurker who doesn't post trying to nick the table for him and his mates at SummerSlam and said all of you were lying, at least with names you can verify it on the spot.

• Advertisement

Sure we were all standing during the Rumble last year anyway, doesn't really matter.

I'll aim to be there around half 8 ish.

Lads tbh I don't deal with all that, I asked but that's the response I got and I don't know who's sitting where as I'm up on stage all night, as you know. Though I do remember there being a thing with people sitting at your table then and you having to take it off them, right?

Think that was RR 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Are there any tables left to book? I could book one and all the boardsies could just come sit together at it like!

Haven't got any confirmation that end from Woolshed, but we haven't communicated as much as we'd usually do as they've loads of events (Australia Day Monday and Super Bowl the following week) coming up so are happy to let us do our thing. There may be some if you wanna go that route.

The secret to getting a table if you haven't booked is standing beside a big group that are clearly just there to watch the football on beforehand, usually ends about 9.30. ;) They go almost immediately once they hear the cheesy wrestling tunes we start blaring. :pac:

Yea i think at Survivor Series 2014 and possibly WM 2014 there was someone sitting in our seats. But tbf we told the Woolshed staff and they asked them to get up (one lad was not very impressed that he had to get up ha) . Hoping we get a decent booth since i was late enough booking it this time

Yea i think at Survivor Series 2014 and possibly WM 2014 there was someone sitting in our seats. But tbf we told the Woolshed staff and they asked them to get up (one lad was not very impressed that he had to get up ha) . Hoping we get a decent booth since i was late enough booking it this time

I still have no idea what you look like or if i've even met you before tbh.

:o:o

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I still have no idea what you look like or if i've even met you before tbh.

:o:o

Ha well i dont sit at the boards table because im not like ye :P ha . Ah no i think i briefly met Beaker Joe thanks to TBC introducing me when i bumped into him at WM or Summerslam last year

For anyone who missed it, here's the medley we did Wednesday night:

Ha well i dont sit at the boards table because im not like ye :P ha . Ah no i think i briefly met Beaker Joe thanks to TBC introducing me when i bumped into him at WM or Summerslam last year

It was Summerslam. yeah Bryan, Red was at the table with you and hashtag and TBC.

All nice guys :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I'm at most of them, I'm the guy in the John cena jumper marking out for everything Cody Rhodes :P think I'll be sitting with 3 big wrestling heads and 3 who know feck all I'll be very easy to spot.

Advertisement