Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Is their a boards crew going for this? If not I'll just book a table for me and 3 other lads :)

Yeah i'm not missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

We're looking for suggestions for the pre-show classic matches showcase, so if anyone here wants to include their top 5 Rumble matches of all-time (can be Royal Rumble matches or regular ones) I'll make sure they're included in the final tally!

RR92 and 01
    Angle vs Benoit 2003
    Jericho vs Benoit 2001
    HBK vs HHH 2004
    HHH vs Cactus Jack 2000
    Bray vs DB 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rumble Match '00 and '01
    I Quit Match - Rock vs Mankind
    HHH vs Cactus Jack 2000
    HBK vs HHH 2004

A lot of people picking the 2000 Rumble, am I not remembering this right? The one Big Show and Rock drew in (well The Rock officially won but it got messy after that)?

I remember it as a pretty weak Rumble match, with the constant run-ins from Kaientai and the Posse being the only real notable thing. It's a great PPV as a whole though so I may watch it all back over the next couple weeks to see what I'm clearly forgetting here.

2001 was by far the best one for me off the top of my head. '08 and the 40-man in 2012 too.

• Advertisement

dude you are forgetting - 2000 also had the dance break in the middle! :D

Ahhh yes, that settles it so! Actually broke my 13-year old heart thinking Too Cool and Rikishi were gonna break up then. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just show the majority of the 2001 Rumble PPV :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just wondering do you show matches involving Chris Benoit or is he blacklisted ? Anyway can't wait for this going to get my ticket during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

ricero wrote: »
    Just wondering do you show matches involving Chris Benoit or is he blacklisted ? Anyway can't wait for this going to get my ticket during the week.

His theme was played during Summerslam to a great pop :p

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »

Nah if people vote him on then that kinda speaks for whether our crowd thinks we should show him or not so we'll put his matches up. There's plenty else going on if others don't wanna watch, but we haven't received any complaints to say as much yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the 08 rumble is horrible. Cena comes in and picks up the ring and throws everyone out. I suppose this was when wrestling was at its absolute worst in my eyes so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

2005 Rumble, the one where Vince tore his quads at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hardcore Holly vs. Brock Lesnar, 2004.

WHY GO GOLD?

For just €5 more than a general ticket, get an entire SECOND WWE Party the week of Royal Rumble! Golden Tickets give you access to both this additional night AND the Royal Rumble Party!

We'll be presenting a TABLE QUIZ with WWE merch prizes on the line plus the 2nd-ever LIVE taping of our official podcast 'Low Blows' on WEDNESDAY 21st JANUARY, from 8-11pm max (so plenty of time to get public transport on a school night), in Ned's Bar in Woolshed. Don't short change yourself on Royal Rumble week and give yourself the full experience!

Click below for a taste of how much craic was had at the first night!

https://soundcloud.com/raginrick/low-blows-xx-low-blows-live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really enjoyed your review of TLC episode there before Christmas. Best of luck with the parties. Working again, sadly.

The official ad for the night. Don't be the person sitting on Twitter and/or boards complaining (you can do that from Woolshed anyway), treat yourself to a great night guaranteed for the Rumble!

Pre-show entertainment for the night will include WWE KARAOKE, so get practising your favourite classic themes and possibly win a WWE merch goodie bag! We'll be announcing more stuff for the night during the week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leggo wrote: »
    A lot of people picking the 2000 Rumble, am I not remembering this right? The one Big Show and Rock drew in (well The Rock officially won but it got messy after that)?

I remember it as a pretty weak Rumble match, with the constant run-ins from Kaientai and the Posse being the only real notable thing. It's a great PPV as a whole though so I may watch it all back over the next couple weeks to see what I'm clearly forgetting here

I'll just leave this here;

http://balls.ie/news/30-moments-prove-wwf-royal-rumble-2000-best-ppv-event-ever/

In addition to Karaoke, we'll be bringing back Royal Rumble BINGO, the Royal Rumble RAFFLE and the Royal Rumble DRINKING GAME with prizes on the line!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey nice t-shirt leggo! :)

• Advertisement

;)

Our alternative Royal Rumble 'Anything Can Happen...' poster:
    10897070_557231011081148_2825537544900553225_n.jpg?oh=19b93fc90b767b6843e8efd9793fb550&oe=5521B52F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Love the fact the Gobbedly Gooker.

No Drew Carey? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Ah! I can only pray the karaoke sticks about for mania! Got my Honkey Tonk Man and HBK schtick down to a T

Moneymaker wrote: »
    No Drew Carey? :eek:

There was some serious debate among the WWE Parties Staff about who to put on and leave out. Difficult decisions had to be made, the whole ordeal was slightly traumatic actually... :(
    Ah! I can only pray the karaoke sticks about for mania! Got my Honkey Tonk Man and HBK schtick down to a T

'fraid karaoke is a Rumble one night only deal, we've different fun stuff lined up for Mania!

leggo wrote: »
    There was some serious debate among the WWE Parties Staff about who to put on and leave out. Difficult decisions had to be made, the whole ordeal was slightly traumatic actually... :(!

Maven getting pride placement at the top is a nice touch!
    SO looking forward to his yard sale! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If you are still taking votes in what rumble to show before it is vote 2009, Cody Rhodes had a whopper showing in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Picked up tickets this morning for this, it'll be my first WWE party at the Woolshed since that first Summerslam one about 18 months ago so really looking forward to it.

Got an important 9am meeting on the Monday though....

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Picked up tickets this morning for this, it'll be my first WWE party at the Woolshed since that first Summerslam one about 18 months ago so really looking forward to it.

Got an important 9am meeting on the Monday though....

THAT'S dedication. We'll make it worth your while don't worry. :pac:

We've just announced a special upgrade offer in reply to people who've purchased General Admission tickets because they were unsure if they could make the Table Quiz/'Low Blows Live' taping on Wednesday in Ned's Bar, Woolshed (8-11pm). People who haven't purchased tickets yet can get a limited amount at the door for €11, and people who've purchased General Tickets can get access by paying just €5 extra on the door on Wednesday.

Advertisement