Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

leggo wrote: »
    Ah a lot of places are hopping on the bandwagon seeing the success of what we do, the Woolshed security team actually told us at WrestleMania that a big group of people came from one such place and pretty much begged to be let into ours. I'd like to think we've endured and grown in spite of this for a good reason and that people recognise who was doing this when it was a massive risk with no guarantee of success and who just jumped on when they saw WWE fans as a good business opportunity, and thanks for inferring as much Shadooby, that means a lot. :)

Another Invasion angle that could have been so so much better if it had of been booked correctly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... just had this bizarre image of Leggo storming into the woolshed to stone cold's music and dishing out stunners left, right and centre to all the guys from fibbers who snuck in...:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Leggo, I do understand that you may feel you have the original promotion etc, but your knocking back of anyone but yourself running wrestling events in Dublin gets old real fast. Variety is surely better for both the casual, and long time wrestling fan in Dublin, and Ireland in general. This is a business for you too, so find it a bit mad that you are complaining about someone seeing Wrestling fans as a business opportunity when it suits them.

Just my two cents, you have your nights, I am not having a go, but not sure why you would begrudge someone trying to do their own thing. The Woolshed might not be for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Oh gawd, let's not have drama. I'm not knocking anyone who runs alternative nights, in fact I've previously offered encouragement, well wishes and even advice to people who run alternative style nights in both public and private. If I do that and still get shat on, what more can I do, really? :pac:

Does it get tiring seeing an idea my team and I came up with, developed and built with money out of own pockets copied and pasted (that's not an exaggeration; I've LITERALLY seen people copy and paste entire event listings from Facebook and other promotional material in the past) by others who hadn't thought of it themselves until they saw me do it (ditto there's pics of these same people at past events apparently) and just used it to turn a quick buck? Yes. It's always going to. But trust me I bite my tongue constantly on the issue. In this case I was thanking Shadooby for recognising that we're the originators in that post. I didn't knock anyone or name any other businesses specifically, and intentionally. I just thanked Shadooby honestly. It genuinely does mean a lot to me that people recognise that we're the originators when they could easily go another way on the issue. We've worked hard to build up a trust and loyalty with people who come to our nights, we've lost money, took risks, and gone out of our way to do so when other businesses would've just seen them as cut and dry customers. What's the problem with thanking them when they make a decision to honour that loyalty exactly?

I'm not going to be dragged into any drama though. This is a positive thread, it's about parties and going on the lash, so relax. :)

From now til Sunday it's all focused on our two SummerSlam parties where we'll be offering a table quiz, live comedy podcast, the top 10 SummerSlam matches of all-time, an interactive WWE-themed DJ set, Woolshed Baa & Grill's great value platters & pitchers, a BEACH PARTY with BEER PONG, limbo, and other beach games, along with SUMMERSLAM BINGO and SummerSlam in full on Woolshed's 3x big screens and 16x plasmas surrounded by a packed Woolshed crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

TBF from what I’ve seen Leggo has never knocked anybody (on boards.ie anyway). Anytime any other venue/person flares an interest in settling up and staging WWE parties Leggo’s response has constantly been just pointed out they aren’t affiliated with him and good luck to the people trying the venture. If showing total faith and confidence in his very well established product, that is the Woolshed WWE party, is knocking someone?? I have never been myself but reports from the guys here and on social media highlights that the nights are super organised and super fun.

I don’t quote Leggo but “the only show in town” is a phrase not to be taken literally. Take issue with the guy when he starts ragging on others attempt’s and not when he starts talking about the success he has achieved with his venture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be fair, Leggo is a wrestling fan who organizes these nights too, not just some business promoter looking to make a fast buck. He enjoys the whole aspect of a wrestling themed night and not just the gain in revenue.

But enough of that... In relation to the DJ set, I was wondering can we have an hour or so of maybe god awful lesser known WWE themes, such as the Orient Expresses Chopstick theme, Aldo Montoya, Brutus Beefcake, Kona Crush etc

Also Id love to hear a bit of You start the fire (Brets Montage 1996 theme).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd love a theme song Karaoke!

I'd love a theme song Karaoke!

There was one last year at the rumble, didnt partake myself but was awesome watching. One guy did a great version of Metalingus (sounded kinda Creedy though in the vocals than Alter Bridge)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    There was one last year at the rumble, didnt partake myself but was awesome watching. One guy did a great version of Metalingus (sounded kinda Creedy though in the vocals than Alter Bridge)

I'd definitely get on board for this. So many themes with genuine lyric quality!

I'd definitely get on board for this. So many themes with genuine lyric quality!

Id be more looking at dressing up as The Mountie and Belting out his theme tune...after a good few pints mind you.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id be more looking at dressing up as The Mountie and Belting out his theme tune...after a good few pints mind you.

That would be awesome! Would be great to see Honky Tonk Man do cool, cocky and bad too. Or hulk hogan knock out Real American!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Will they be showing that headwrecking american football "hardest hits" thing on the screen again? it's good once but my god they keep it on forever - even when one screen is switched to wwe - the other still has it on!

We're looking at making karaoke our Royal Rumble tradition (SummerSlam is a beach party, Survivor Series is the survivor series table quiz, Rumble karaoke and the HOF at Mania) but glad to hear people want it back!

Defo up for taking suggestions for random theme songs, they're great at the start of the night for little throwbacks while people are chilling out having a pint. As a DJ in general I love sticking on that one song during quieter moments that maybe only 2-3 people will appreciate, but those 2-3 people REALLY appreciate it. For example one night I started playing a ****load of the WWF Aggression album and stuff like that. So throw any more suggestions my way, they're handy enough to grab.

To be fair the 'Hard Hits' stuff, I think, was at the Rumble and was Woolshed's way to trying to tie together Australia Day and the wrestling. They showed a massive commitment to us by hosting the Rumble on that day (one of their busiest of the year) so I didn't begrudge them trying to keep the Aussies that had showed up on side. But we'll have the top 10 matches, pre-show (as of last week Woolshed now has the WWE Network...how cool is that??) and main show on the big screen (and obviously smaller ones too) don't worry. We'll also have the Network running in the background tomorrow night for the table quiz, handy way for people who mightn't have subscribed to get a free preview of it.

Will they be showing that headwrecking american football "hardest hits" thing on the screen again? it's good once but my god they keep it on forever - even when one screen is switched to wwe - the other still has it on!

I enjoyed the hard hit stuff, mainly because I kept thinking of Homer watching "Footballs greatest injuries" and imagining a similar voice over.

Defo up for taking suggestions for random theme songs, they're great at the start of the night for little throwbacks while people are chilling out having a pint. As a DJ in general I love sticking on that one song during quieter moments that maybe only 2-3 people will appreciate, but those 2-3 people REALLY appreciate it. For example one night I started playing a ****load of the WWF Aggression album and stuff like that. So throw any more suggestions my way, they're handy enough to grab.

Ah I've a list as long as my arm of themes that I'd love to hear. I'll post it up later for sure!
    But we'll have the top 10 matches, pre-show (as of last week Woolshed now has the WWE Network...how cool is that??) and main show on the big screen (and obviously smaller ones too) don't worry. We'll also have the Network running in the background tomorrow night for the table quiz, handy way for people who mightn't have subscribed to get a free preview of it.

They have the network? How much does it cost?

Ah I've a list as long as my arm of themes that I'd love to hear. I'll post it up later for sure!

They have the network? How much does it cost?

Stop it HH, Stop it now! You're getting as bad as the other HH :pac:

Double Haitch > Ripple Haitch

Krank.ie did a write-up ahead of tomorrow's proceedings! http://www.krank.ie/category/ent/cul/live-comedy-wrestling-podcast-low-blows-expected/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What time is kick off tomorrow Leggo?

What time is kick off tomorrow Leggo?

830, doors at 730 Mister Red :)

• Advertisement

Have to confirm first thing tomorrow but I think I'll have an announcement about tomorrow night some people here might like. Do you love the drama as much as I love the drama? Cus I love the drama! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Sounds like a cool event but I don't live in Dublin. :(

THE BAD NEWS: There are no more Golden Tickets left in WRESTLING MANIA. (Standard still available @ €6 - and 20% discount in Wrestling Mania applies to those too)

THE GOOD NEWS: We're selling a final limited batch of Golden Tickets (€11 - includes ticket for Sunday) at the door tonight in Ned's, Woolshed Baa & Grill! And, if you've bought a Standard Ticket but find yourself with nothing else to do later, you can UPGRADE it to Golden by paying €5 at the door!!! We've only a certain amount of space in the room guys so get down early to get these extra tickets while you can. Doors: 7.30pm.

All prepped now for a memorable night. See you later guys!

mxph3 wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool event but I don't live in Dublin. :(

Shame, we have people travel though so hopefully one day we can tempt you up!

THE BAD NEWS: There are no more Golden Tickets left in WRESTLING MANIA. (Standard still available @ €6 - and 20% discount in Wrestling Mania applies to those too)

THE GOOD NEWS: We're selling a final limited batch of Golden Tickets (€11 - includes ticket for Sunday) at the door tonight in Ned's, Woolshed Baa & Grill! And, if you've bought a Standard Ticket but find yourself with nothing else to do later, you can UPGRADE it to Golden by paying €5 at the door!!! We've only a certain amount of space in the room guys so get down early to get these extra tickets while you can. Doors: 7.30pm.

All prepped now for a memorable night. See you later guys!

Cant wait!

How I think Ill be at the quiz .....

wwf_royalrumble_1990_genius.jpg

How Ill Actually do!

2352%20-%20hacksaw_jim_duggan%20microphone%20royal_rumble%20wwf.png

keep in mind Hacksaw never loses clean :pac:

^^^ Actually lol'd.

If I were doing the quiz I'd end up as Eugene

Really sorry I couldn't make last night's event but I am under the weather at the mo and want to be 100% for Sunday!

Speaking of Sunday - Leggo if it's possible you should defo show the "prelude to the biggest fight of the summer" special they did exclusively for the network (which you can get for only....ah forget it)

It is actually brilliant and would be a great build before the ppv starts - only a half an hour long so it won't take too much away from the night itself. Just a thought!

No worries, as long as you're in flying form for Sunday that's all good. Place was full and atmosphere was great, it was a great night. Here's the live show for anyone who wants to listen.

Saw the Brock/Cena preview. We'll look into sticking at least parts of it on the pre-show, but wouldn't play it in full as it's like 400 rowdy people sitting down to watch a documentary in a pub, you know? Wanna keep a good atmosphere going. But the show itself was an amazing job by WWE, loved it.

• Advertisement

I'm actually listening to the podcast now - sounds great! :)

Advertisement