Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Woolshed and ourselves take people's comfort levels very seriously (especially after certain venues overlooked that aspect in the past) so we keep capacity for the night as such to give everyone breathing space, even if it means taking a small hit in ticket/bar sales. While we can't guarantee a seat for everyone, you won't be jammed in alongside 10 others without room to breathe don't worry.

The demand for this has been bigger than ever before. On top of tickets selling out the amount of enquiries we've gotten is in another league. We probably could've sold 1,000 for this. And it all started as an idea in this little thread here, thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

First time heading to one of these events, really looking forward to it, what time does it start filling up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I got there for 9 at the rumble and that seemed fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I got speaking to a few regulars there and some seem to get there at 5 or 6.
    They have dinner in the Woolshed and basically just chat with everyone and wait for the show to start.
    When this was on in Cap's I got there at 5 once and remember seeing a lot of people there before me either having a bite to eat or waiting to get a seat. Nothing wrong with getting there early I suppose if you dont have any seats reserved and want to get a place. I dont know if I could manage staying in the place for 12 hours again.
    :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i was lucky enough to book seats so ill prob be in about 9/9:30 id say . Dont think i could afford to be there all day and id be afraid id just wake up monday forgetting everything that happened at WM ha

• Advertisement

Yea i was lucky enough to book seats so ill prob be in about 9/9:30 id say . Dont think i could afford to be there all day and id be afraid id just wake up monday forgetting everything that happened at WM ha

THIS!

Im lucky to have a table booked and 9 seemed fine last time, might head in for 8 this time just to get fed before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'll leave it til about 9.30pm, any earlier will not end well.

Writing this while I'm out and about, but off the top of my head I think tables are reserved til 10pm. People usually start arriving en masse from about 8pm and it fills about 9ish. But ticket holders will be let in til the show starts so no mad rush either unless you're dead set on getting a table.

Last minute reminders for #WoolshedMania TOMORROW!!!!!!!

➡ There will be NO TICKETS AT THE DOOR! This event is SOLD OUT so please do not show up hoping to buy tickets on the night or you will be disappointed.
    ➡ Kick-off is at 9pm approx.
    ➡ Food available until 10pm approx (at venue's discretion) with a snack menu also available until late. Deal Rush vouchers must be redeemed by 10pm.
    ➡ Don't forget to download the Woolshed Baa & Grill app (on iTunes and Android) to avail of a free Hogbomb shot offer.
    ➡ Tomorrow is the LAST DAY for ticketholders to redeem their 20% discount on t-shirts in WRESTLING MANIA so get them before the event!
    ➡ Please claim your reserved table or stadium seat prize by 11pm or Woolshed may have to give it away to meet demand.
    ➡ Tweet #WoolshedMania to join in the online conversation once the event starts, and be sure to tweet theme song requests on the night to @AMTRick.
    ➡ The party will be filmed for future usage by WWE Parties Ireland so, if you see our cameras around, don't be shy!
    ➡ Valid ID essential. Over 18's only. Woolshed reserves the right to refusal.
    ➡ No entry once PPV starts.
    ➡ Your ticket is your sole proof of purchase.
    ➡ Smart casual dress code applies (with WWE fancy dress also encouraged).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Anyone selling any uneeded tickets for this? Thought I couldn't get off work but found out today I could

• Advertisement

Check the Facebook event, there's a few people who have spares that they're looking to sell (Mania parties always have people buying extra in the hope of selling).

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Anyone selling any uneeded tickets for this? Thought I couldn't get off work but found out today I could

I have a spare going, face value (think its 7 quid)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have a spare going, face value (think its 7 quid)

Ill take defo. Will I PM so we ca sort it?

I have a spare if anyone is in need. Won't be there til half 9 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Yeah, good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cian68 wrote: »
    Yeah, good craic.

what was the reaction like when, well you know what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

krudler wrote: »
    what was the reaction like when, well you know what happened

The word 'what?' was shouted a lot. A lot of stunned silence while I laughed maniacally.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cian68 wrote: »
    The word 'what?' was shouted a lot. A lot of stunned silence while I laughed maniacally.

A friend was at it live and he said he's never heard anything like the stunned silence of 75k people having the wind knocked out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Jesus lads, it was mad. People cheering, shouting, chanting and then suddenly stunned silence.
    A real WTF moment. No one knew what to make of it, it was kinda funny in a way.

It was an insane moment. I was convinced that I saw a 3 count but the people around me were saying that he kicked out. Heyman's initial reaction did suggest that he kicked out. Then the camera panned to all the faces in the crowd which pretty much stunned the Woolshed into a combination of what the fcuks and silence.

Cool night anyway, thanks leggo. Only small complaints I would have are people related and nothing to do with how the event was run.

• Advertisement

Cheers for coming lads, glad people seem to have enjoyed the night. Will have pics & videos up as the night goes on. Somehow the day after these events have become more mental than the days themselves! :pac:

10527781_470558006415116_6308694906123918175_n.jpg

Event now online at: https://www.facebook.com/events/675679129188900/

Will book a boards table again if people want! :)
    #WoolshedSlam

TICKETS ON-SALE THIS FRIDAY from WRESTLING MANIA, St Stephen's Green! Stay tuned for full ticket info as we have a big announcement coming this week - let's just say this one will be double the fun!

➡ Full WWE SummerSlam PPV (incl Kick-Off Show) on Woolshed’s 3x big screens & 16x plasmas and a BRAND NEW SOUND SYSTEM!
    ➡ BEACH PARTY themed - beach wear encouraged!
    ➡ Late bar & Woolshed’s delicious food menu!
    ➡ Pre-show entertainment with WWE merchandise prizes!
    ➡ WWE music & classic WWE SummerSlam matches/moments on big screens pre-show!
    ➡ Plus more TBA!

Call Woolshed @ (01) 872 4325 for table bookings. And keep your eye on www.facebook.com/Woolshed.Dublin for your chance to win one of their prime stadium seats on the night!

★★★CARD★★★

WWE World Champion, JOHN CENA vs. BROCK LESNAR (rumoured)

More matches TBA!

Terms & Conditions
    1. Additional €1 postage & packaging for postal tickets.
    2. Ensure you have already purchased tickets to book tables or avail of stadium seats prizes; table bookings/stadium seat prizes do not ensure entry on the night.
    3. Over 18’s only. ID essential. R.O.A.R.
    4. Event will be filmed for future usage by WWE Parties Ireland. By attending you are consenting to your likeness being used for any and all purposes in the future promotion of all events involving WWE Parties Ireland.
    5. Tickets, once purchased, are non-refundable due to budgeting requirements. Your consumer rights are not affected.
    6. Please ensure you buy tickets beforehand to ensure entry. Though tickets will be sold on the door if not sold out, there is limited capacity. We will post on the event day whether tickets will be available on the door or not.
    7. Tables booked will only remain reserved until 11pm, so please arrive before then to claim your table or it will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis.
    8. No admission into Woolshed once PPV starts.
    9. Smart casual dress code applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Just asked in the meet-up thread who's interested. Hopefully we'll have a big presence.

Already sent a message to Woolshed about booking a table :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I ain't missing this. Gonna book the Monday off work.

They'll have to fire me.

:pac:

There's not just one night for SummerSlam this year...there's two! :cool:

And here's the official ad for the event. Thank god Brock showed up as rumoured or this video would've been awkward... :pac:

Tickets on-sale tomorrow from Wrestling Mania (20% off any stock there when you buy your ticket). Golden Tickets - €11, Standard Tickets - €6.

Just picked up 2 Golden tickets there today :)

• Advertisement

Gonna be doing the classic matches countdown for the pre-show like we did for WrestleMania so can we get TOP 5 SUMMERSLAM MATCHES of all-time in the next few days and we'll put together a full list. (Interestingly enough, Taker/Shawn I placed as people's favourite WrestleMania match while TLC II was 2nd)

Advertisement