Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

zerks wrote: »
    Quick update,baby girl born yesterday:D:D:D
    And no we didn't call her Robyn after RVP:pac:

In honour of your good news, here's a few suggestions:

Cisse: Cassie
    Carlos Tevez: Carla
    Gylfi....er Gylfi?

Ah I give up - congrats though dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

She win't be named after a footballer,especially a City player.

Thanks to everyone here and I'll pass on ye're suggestions and congrats to the missus.

I got my team done earlier this week in preparation but considering subbing Walcott for Bale but wondering how jaded Chelsea will be after the CL so leaving Walcott in could work despite his forgetting how to play football when Arsenal played Wigan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

smokingman wrote: »
    In honour of your good news, here's a few suggestions:

Cisse: Cassie
    Carlos Tevez: Carla
    Gylfi....er Gylfi?

Ah I give up - congrats though dude!

Gylfetta

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I have 2 FT's at the moment. I had planned on bringing in a Bolton midfielder with them having 4 games in the next 2 weeks. I'm not so sure now. If I do I'll more than likely take a four point hit next week.

I'm wondering what people would do. Am I better off forgetting about Bolton this week and concentrate on getting better players in and avoiding the 4 point hit? Bolton v Swansea (H), Villa (A), Sunderland (A), Spurs (H). It's not that enticing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

The missus still had time to sort out her team for this weekend..That's dedication(and a burning desire to win the leagues she's in)

well done. who got the delivery assist? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gonna take a punt on Albrighton in an effort to make up ground

froog wrote: »

The missus still had time to sort out her team for this weekend..That's dedication(and a burning desire to win the leagues she's in)

well done. who got the delivery assist? :)

I think it was a Mid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Zerks lines up a shot!...
    Zerks scores!...

(wonder how far I can go with this?!)

Panthro wrote: »
    Zerks lines up a shot!...
    Zerks scores!...

(wonder how far I can go with this?!)

Fire away, but I think the scoring was done pre-season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This week I had planned to drop Walcott, but now I'm thinking that might be a bad idea with Chelsea's big match on Tuesday.

Who to drop from McClean/Bale/Siggy/Valencia/Cisse/RVP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Mr Moon wrote: »
    This week I had planned to drop Walcott, but now I'm thinking that might be a bad idea with Chelsea's big match on Tuesday.

It's gotta be McClean for me. Away from home, Sunderland on an indifferent run and their season is over. Plus Villa need all the points they can get at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Mr Moon wrote: »

Have to keep Cisse as he is just gold at the moment
    RVP always likely to get a goal or two
    Siggy seems to like scoring away from home

From the 3 remaining i would pick either McClean or Bale to drop based on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

I know I posted this before but
    BAE(QPR) away or
    Taylor(Bolton) away

I just cant decide!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

RB100 wrote: »
    BAE(QPR) away or
    Taylor(Bolton) away

I just cant decide!!

BAE for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

BAE(QPR) away or
    Taylor(Bolton) away

I just cant decide!!

Taylor (well Caulker) for me. I can see a clean sheet here. I think QPR will get a goal against Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,820 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

BAE(QPR) away or
    Taylor(Bolton) away

I just cant decide!!

spurs will definitely concede
    not sure bout swansea...hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

BAE(QPR) away or
    Taylor(Bolton) away

I just cant decide!!

The heart says... Ive got BAE and Caulker off Swansea so ill be hoping for a clean sheet for both!:D

The head says... Spurs have been slack in defense lately and they will concede!:(

thunderdog wrote: »
    Taylor (well Caulker) for me. I can see a clean sheet here. I think QPR will get a goal against Spurs

Yea because see I have Vorm, Caulker on the bench so if they keep a clean sheet and I have Taylor on the bench too, that means I would miss out on 3 clean sheets! so I have to play at least one Swansea player

• Registered Users Posts: 23,820 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i have bae on my bench and caulker playing

its rare qpr dont score at home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

BAE, i have almost same thing. Got Walker or Taylor as 1st subs and I chose Walker. He is BAE just as a rb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Fulham's Stephen Kelly has just been red flagged with an expected return date of the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thinking of doing the unthinkable and getting carroll in for the dgw, was thinking ade all along but i might go nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭dahat

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the unthinkable and getting carroll in for the dgw, was thinking ade all along but i might go nuts

I have gone and sold Rooney for Suarez plus going to captain him as well......i will be laughed at or appauled but why not gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm tempted to get Jelavic for Van Persie, presume it's worth 4 point hit in terms of Jelavic having his dgw, and fancying him to get more out of his two games than VP's one against Stoke away.

Then you have GW 37, VP plays Norwich, I think he'll fare well against them, as he will do against WBA, and Arsenal will want to push themselves forward for their last few games, to guarantee automatic qualification in Champions league...

Torn at the moment... I want VP for Nowrich defintely, and if I do decide to get Jelavic, should I replace Vp with him, then bring back VP for Tevez, or Cisse for GW 37? I'd like to keep him for GW 37 as well, as he has Wolves...

agh, I think I'll see how he plays against Man Utd tomorrow, and likewise Tevez for Man City. and decide after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Who'd be the best goalkeeper to bring in for the dgw? Cech, Friedel, Krul, Howard or Begovic? On form it would be Krul but both Newcastle's games are away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

PWEI wrote: »
    Who'd be the best goalkeeper to bring in for the dgw? Cech, Friedel, Krul, Howard or Begovic? On form it would be Krul but both Newcastle's games are away from home.

Cech without a doubt. Chelsea defending superbly at the moment. I'd written Cech off but i have to say that he is coming back close to his best now. Someone like Cahill would be a cheaper option though + allow u to get different lower value keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Jesus Spurs being this bad is really putting a spanner in the works

Was going to get Adebayor in, but having major second thoughts now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Yea I'm getting in a goalkeeper & a defender & was thinking about Cahill & Friedel. But the way Spurs are playing at the moment I'm now leaning towards Cech & Jagielka. Decisions decision's. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

I see that Steven G has dropped 0.4m since last gw(current price=£9.5m) Its a ridiculous fall imo but might make him a viable option for some now. Anyone think he is a wothwhile option, what kind of form is he in?

• Advertisement

What do you people think of getting in Cabaye and Barfa for next week?

Also if Ade is out will Defoe be playing next week? Sure who else do they have? ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement