Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Does anyone know when the online registration opens? It seems to be accessible online but I don't want to do anything just in case none of it saves. I have a feeling it officially opens on a date next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the online registration opens? It seems to be accessible online but I don't want to do anything just in case none of it saves. I have a feeling it officially opens on a date next week?

The term calender says it is around the 10th. Nothing definite yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone ever work as an educational support worker in maynooth? got the job but only know bare details of whats involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone ever work as an educational support worker in maynooth? got the job but only know bare details of whats involved!

I've never worked as one but I found this:

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/supporting-students-disabilities/student-support/educational-support-workers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

To return to the bear question, unsurprisingly, they're available for purchase. Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Emilysweetmm

Do you guys know how the addresses work for Halls of Residence? Would it just be "Halls of Residence, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Kildare" and the mail is sorted by last name or whatever? Or more specific like (as an example, not my real address, mods, I promise) no.6, Avoca, River, Halls of Residence, etc.?
    I need to order something now that will arrive around the end of September so would like to know :) Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do you guys know how the addresses work for Halls of Residence? Would it just be "Halls of Residence, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Kildare" and the mail is sorted by last name or whatever? Or more specific like (as an example, not my real address, mods, I promise) no.6, Avoca, River, Halls of Residence, etc.?
    I need to order something now that will arrive around the end of September so would like to know :) Thank you :)

Block,apartment number and room as all post is sorted in the apartments reception.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mine was always
    XxMCRxBabyxX
    Mullin 3E (I'm long gone from there now!)
    Village Apartments
    NUI Maynooth
    Maynooth

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The stories I could tell you from Mullin! Was there for three out of my four years on campus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The stories I could tell you from Mullin! Was there for three out of my four years on campus.

Stop lol even the stories from my one year there!!
    When I look back on college id say 90% of my favourite memories will be to do with that apartment :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Although this might sound like an incredibly sad thing to be doing, I assure it's not and you're wrong. I was wondering if there's somewhere on or near campus that laminates things... specifically flashcards... completely not sad grammar flashcards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

Going into second year and confused about paying fees. Anyone know if we pay before the 10th or just when registering between the 10th and the 30th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hey guys, I failed one of my repeat exams unfortunately :( What are my options? Would anyone know the difference between external and internal repeat?

I think an external repeat might be cheaper, and you only have to sit the exams, resubmit the continuous assessment. Internal, I thought, meant you gotta go to all the classes all over again?

Don't know. The info should be on the examinations site.

anyone know how long you have to be in maynooth at for before graduation mines at 10 am in morning , would 9 am be plenty it says 90 mins before hand

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone know how long you have to be in maynooth at for before graduation mines at 10 am in morning , would 9 am be plenty it says 90 mins before hand
    9 is totally fine. You need to collect your robes, which only takes a few minutes, get some photos with the family, then line up.

You'd want to be lining up in your correct place by about 25 to 10. Much later than that and you're pushing it. They're not going to wait for you. If you're in the wrong place, you get someone else's degree.

grand !

This is not a civilised hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emilysweetmm

Do you guys know what would happen if I don't fill out the on-line registration in time? I'm a deferred student which is causing issues with the Susi number and the fees office are taking long enough to get back to me so there's a chance I won't have it done by tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Hey guys, I failed one of my repeat exams unfortunately :( What are my options? Would anyone know the difference between external and internal repeat?

The difference between external and internal repeating is:
    External: you pay less money and technically you are not allowed to attend lectures, see moodle etc. Your CA mark from this year will be carried over to next year.
    Internal: you pay more fees i think its like 500e for one module, you will have access to moodle and you will be allowed to resubmit all of the CA's.

Note: if you failed a CA component of the module you will only be allowed to repeat internally

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just out of interest is there no option in Maynooth as there is in other colleges to progress to the next year and carry that failed module with you? And then take that exam along with all your new modules exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just out of interest is there no option in Maynooth as there is in other colleges to progress to the next year and carry that failed module with you? And then take that exam along with all your new modules exams

Its coming in for this years first years I think. You can carry up to 10 credits with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Stolen from YLYL

21095130620_7c5e41cfb5_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Just registering for 2nd year, just wondering, is it normal for the payment due to read the full amount i.e 5741 quid instead of the 3112 everyone else bar grant holders pay?

I've just registered online for the next academic year. I have been awarded a SUSI grant and the system wants me to pay 483e does anyone know where that amount come from ?I know that I have to pay 112e student leavy but have no clue why they want me to pay the other 300 ? And btw will I be able to access moodle without paying the fees ? Or do I have to pay them fully to be able to access it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Mine also says a weird number. No answer in the fees and grants office even when you manage to get a ringing tone. Stressed up to my eye balls right now!

Log out and log back in again mine is right now!

I am not even going to try and call them today. I doubt they will answer the phone or respond to my email.

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Log out and log back in again mine is right now!

Mine is still not right. I will try and log back later maybe they'll fix it.

• Advertisement

angela1711 wrote: »
    Mine is still not right. I will try and log back later maybe they'll fix it.

Well ringing is definitely a waste of time, so that'd be the right thing to do. Don't you just love the stress Maynooth put you under?:rolleyes:

Advertisement