Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lads I have a tutorial in RHPO1. Any idea where that is?

Somewhere in Rye Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

just killing time on the net and came across an article on how people have changed from one strapping to two strapping, seems it came in big time around 2006, i used to one strap but then changed now im begining to get the feel for one strapping again. its high time we seen the non conformist look back in , whos gooing to change to one strapping again??!! no wonder students dont protest anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Dickie10 wrote: »
    just killing time on the net and came across an article on how people have changed from one strapping to two strapping, seems it came in big time around 2006, i used to one strap but then changed now im begining to get the feel for one strapping again. its high time we seen the non conformist look back in , whos gooing to change to one strapping again??!! no wonder students dont protest anymore!
    I am so old I have no idea what any of this means. Is it some newfangled form of sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

I'm guessing its about how one carries their schoolbag

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

God i was bored yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think more people two strap these days because they have heavy stuff like laptops and tablets in their bag. In the 90s, when one strapping was hip, people would just have a few copies in their bag making it easy to just hang over their shoulder.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Power gone in callan and bioscience building, anywhere else?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Library as well

Think it's a general ESB problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Thank f*ck I wasn't working on my project at the time. :o

Anyone any info about what happened in Cathedral last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

thelad95 wrote: »
    Anyone any info about what happened in Cathedral last night?

what was supposed to have happened?

what was supposed to have happened?

Building staff protesting over not being paid apparently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is it just me or has Maynooth seen a surprising number of deaths of current and recently graduated students in the last 6 months or so?

RIP Dean MacCearaín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Is it just me or has Maynooth seen a surprising number of deaths of current and recently graduated students in the last 6 months or so?

RIP Dean MacCearaín

I was just thinking that too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

So I was wrong in thinking that the circumstances surrounding parking at the beginning of the year was due to very enthusiastic students, and that parking would become less of an issue later on. It was at it's all time worst today, those spaces are like gold dust.

does anyone know where i need to go to get information about a staff number, im working as an occasional employee since sept but havent got word yet

does anyone know where i need to go to get information about a staff number, im working as an occasional employee since sept but havent got word yet

Have you been paid yet, it should be on your statement. Contact the HR department, they should sort you out.

Westeros wrote: »
    So I was wrong in thinking that the circumstances surrounding parking at the beginning of the year was due to very enthusiastic students, and that parking would become less of an issue later on. It was at it's all time worst today, those spaces are like gold dust.

Where are you driving from? If you don't mind a five to ten minute walk, you can park in tescos massive car park for free all day and nobody will say a word to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Where are you driving from? If you don't mind a five to ten minute walk, you can park in tescos massive car park for free all day and nobody will say a word to you.

Westmeath. Yea I've had to use that a few times. Chanced Dunnes a few times too, not sure what way they are for parking restrictions though. May have just been lucky the few times I was there.
    I know staff have paid their permits too and all that, but one day I was parked in the car park down past the apartments, that you walk through to cross over to the shopping centre. I was heading in for a 9am lecture so parking is fairly easy got, but I noticed the two cars either side of me had staff permits on display, and as I walked down towards the college I passed by the new and extended staff car park which had many a free space. It would make more sense for them to park in the staff only car parks first, and leave the multi permit ones for the students where possible.

Westeros wrote: »
    Westmeath. Yea I've had to use that a few times. Chanced Dunnes a few times too, not sure what way they are for parking restrictions though. May have just been lucky the few times I was there.
    I know staff have paid their permits too and all that, but one day I was parked in the car park down past the apartments, that you walk through to cross over to the shopping centre. I was heading in for a 9am lecture so parking is fairly easy got, but I noticed the two cars either side of me had staff permits on display, and as I walked down towards the college I passed by the new and extended staff car park which had many a free space. It would make more sense for them to park in the staff only car parks first, and leave the multi permit ones for the students where possible.

In all honesty, it really could be worse. Trinity college for example doesn't have a single space on campus for students or staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

In all honesty, it really could be worse. Trinity college for example doesn't have a single space on campus for students or staff.

Not comparable at all.

You may have filled out a form on the HR site? If so the Computer centre should have gotten in touch with you. Might be lost in a spam filter somewhere. Call in and ask them tomorrow in the new building.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

My new college's forum is not used at all. Like not even one thread a month. I want to go back to Maynooth :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Toshi101 wrote: »
    My new college's forum is not used at all. Like not even one thread a month. I want to go back to Maynooth :(

I'm worried that this forum is going that way :-(
    Everyone is leaving! We need more newbies.

Is it demonstrating? If so if you get in touch with whoever organises pay for that dept. If it happens to be biology i can help :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So, did anyone else here join Deukuma? I've heard absolutely nothing from them, which is a bummer because I really enjoyed the trips to Berlin and Bremen they organised.

does anyone know where i can inquire about working during the xmas exams as an invigilator? wouldnt mind the post xmas money , im not a student here this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

does anyone know where i can inquire about working during the xmas exams as an invigilator? wouldnt mind the post xmas money , im not a student here this year.

I'm afraid you missed the deadline for applying. Closing date was the 6th of November. See here:

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/exams/invigilation

Advertisement