Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Thank the FSM I'm done with that work placement report! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Thank the FSM I'm done with that work placement report! :D

It was an immensely painful experience wasting that amount of time doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Writing reports on anything is immensely painful. I've had to do yearly progress reports, what I've been doing, what I plan to do. Bloody awful. Now I'll have to do six-monthly ones. Goddamit.

CAN'T YOU JUST BLOODY READ MY TRANSCRIPTS?!?!?! WHY YOU NEED A THOUSAND BLOODY WORDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

is one of the new buildings going to have a new swimming pool in it, seeing as the old swimming pool is being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

is one of the new buildings going to have a new swimming pool in it, seeing as the old swimming pool is being closed.

I think the plan is to eventually build a new swimming pool but God only knows when or if it will happen.

When I started in Maynooth in 1999, we were told that there was a new library on the way. We now know how long it took for that to materialise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

TheBody wrote: »
    I think the plan is to eventually build a new swimming pool but God only knows when or if it will happen.

When I started in Maynooth in 1999, we were told that there was a new library on the way. We now know how long it took for that to materialise.

Indeed the master plan is a new sports centre along with pool and then a theater and cultural space on south campus. Plan also incorporates the ring road that KCC were supposed to have built (and is badly needed) so thats kinda a slight indicator of how long a timeline it will be cos the council aint building that road anytime soon !

I do wonder what facilities the college clubs will use in the meantime ?

I would like part of the university's master plan to involve moving the college closer to my house. About an hour closer would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Since it's Maynooth...

image.png

Serendipitous pagenumberism. Though I don't know if I used that first word correctly because I'm tired and even though I'm online I'm too tired to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Perfectly cromulent word.

• Advertisement

"Exam on Thursday do you ?! How cute, well were just gonna delete you off the university system anyways GOOD LUCK ! "

You think they'd at least wait till September. I had to bribe my way into the library today
    :(

"Exam on Thursday do you ?! How cute, well were just gonna delete you off the university system anyways GOOD LUCK ! "

You think they'd at least wait till September. I had to bribe my way into the library today
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys, keep an eye out for any emails from SUSI. There's fraudulent ones going around atm. I've put up an announcement on the forum with the full details.

From the British Museum and Almeida Theatre, there's currently a live reading of Homer's Iliad being streamed at http://www.almeida.co.uk/iliad-digital - It's the Robert Fagles translation. They're currently near the end of book 1 of 24. Should be going till very late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

Since it's Maynooth...

image.png

More likely to see him pumping iron in the gym brah
    37076344.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Forum name change - don't even know how to feel. Mostly feeling old (but not as old as banquo)!

I am just about to put up a thread about this. I'm not coping well.

Edit: It's up!

booooooooooooooooo

mickstupp wrote: »
    booooooooooooooooo

I was forced into it OK! It's very upsetting for me :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I was sending someone in Maynooth an email recently and saw that it's now @mumail. Moo Mail?! I'll never get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

booooooooooooooooo

It's officially "moooooooooooooooo" now if I'm not mistaken

I noticed today that MU, Maynooth University, is actual MH on the CAO site. MU is St. Pat's. Daft, it is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

I noticed today that MU, Maynooth University, is actual MH on the CAO site. MU is St. Pat's. Daft, it is. :rolleyes:

It's been MH since at least the year I did the leaving (2011), but yeah, ridiculous nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It's been MH since at least the year I did the leaving (2011), but yeah, ridiculous nonetheless.

It's been MH for much longer than that - since at least my sister did her leaving, which was 2005. I wouldn't put too much store by cao codes though- they're all nonsense. Isn't Trinity's TR? And UCD is DN. There must've been a system at one point, but who knows what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

How so Joe wrote: »
    It's been MH for much longer than that - since at least my sister did her leaving, which was 2005. I wouldn't put too much store by cao codes though- they're all nonsense. Isn't Trinity's TR? And UCD is DN. There must've been a system at one point, but who knows what it was.
    NUIG is GY also. They must have a reason for it. DCU is DC but UCD makes sense as there are two Uni's in Dublin so DU would be a bit confusing.

As is posting in here :P So used to posting in the NUIG one but heading to MU now :P So hi!

I think it's clear that the town, nay the entire COUNTRY, is entirely in favour of us changing the name to something sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    NUIG is GY also. They must have a reason for it. DCU is DC but UCD makes sense as there are two Uni's in Dublin so DU would be a bit confusing.

As is posting in here :P So used to posting in the NUIG one but heading to MU now :P So hi!

Couldn't it be MaynootH =MH
    NUIG = GalwaY = GY
    UCD = DubliN =DN

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Couldn't it be MaynootH =MH
    NUIG = GalwaY = GY
    UCD = DubliN =DN
    St. Pat's = MU

... hmm

I WAS ALMOST FOOLED BY YOUR DASTARDLY LOGIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

Does anyone know when the academic timetables will be up? The site says late August but I really need to know seeing as I'm commuting this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Does anyone know when the academic timetables will be up? The site says late August but I really need to know seeing as I'm commuting this year...

Could be as late as early September, and it still won't have lab or tutorial times on it so you'll need to get on to your department about that / wait until we start back.

Advertisement