Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

banquo wrote: »
    I REMEMBER THAT. Should have said hi!

I was too lazy to get up and didn't feel like shouting either so I took the creeping from afar approach instead :pac:

Burger did look awesome though in fairness to the dog :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tago

Hi guys, does anyone know if the college GP is working over the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Nope. She finished up at the start of June I think. Nurse should still be there though.

However, with your student card it's only €20 in Gaffney's, beside the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tago

Ah that's a shame. Thanks. :)

mickstupp wrote: »
    Nope. She finished up at the start of June I think. Nurse should still be there though.

However, with your student card it's only €20 in Gaffney's, beside the hotel.

Same in primacare above dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

So I had to take some books out of the library before we finished, and as I live about an hour and a half from Maynooth I haven't brought them back. I've an outstanding fine of €20ish, do I have to pay it before graduation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Paging Banquo for his library book fine story...

How so Joe wrote: »
    Paging Banquo for his library book fine story...

Is it the Finding Nemo DVD one? :pac:

So do I have to pay or not?!?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

banquo wrote: »
    Back in '04 I borrowed Finding Nemo from the DCU library. The overdue fine is €5 a day.

I owe them roughly €18,250.

Edit: I know a guy who still hadn't returned a book after he'd graduated. They sent him three letters over the course of a year:

Letter 1: Please return the book and pay the fine.

Letter 2: Look, never mind the fine, we'd just like the book back.

Letter 3: Congratulations! As a valued alumnus, please accept the book as a gift from NUI Maynooth.

By Royal order of How So Joe.

I basically own Banquo now. :)

Also I can't quote or link, because iPad is stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I basically own Banquo now. :)

Also I can't quote or link, because iPad is stupid.

banquo won't tolerate that blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

You're Goddamned right. Punishments will be handed down.

thats-a-paddlin-30027.jpg

Times like this I'm glad that I live in a different country.

Times like this I'm glad that I live in a different country.

pfft you wish you were back with all of us.

So I DON'T have to pay the fine? :pac::pac:

This board has been very quiet all this year. I only copped because usually people are panicking and pressing F5 every sixteen seconds this time of year. That auld music vids thread used to be updated all the time too...

They haven't set up a sneaky MU board without us knowing, have they?

This board has been very quiet all this year. I only copped because usually people are panicking and pressing F5 every sixteen seconds this time of year. That auld music vids thread used to be updated all the time too...

its all the young'ns with their snapchat and their tinder and twatter forums are for the old, the bitter and the nostalgic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Results Friday.. Are we going to get them online a day earlier this year too? I remember last year accessing them the day before they came in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

deise_girl wrote: »
    Results Friday.. Are we going to get them online a day earlier this year too? I remember last year accessing them the day before they came in the post

I really hope so I just want to know at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Are the results expected to come in the post on Friday? Or are they online on Friday and the post won't reach us till like Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Results should be online tomorrow, around lunchtime. Then they should arrive by post on Friday.

I feel like last year it was around 4 when they came out and I got up at 9am tbh to just keep refreshing the page all day long.

I lead a 100mph life clearly..

Its because most of the people who post here dont even go here anymore :pac and no newbies have come along :(

Except for me and my seemingly van wilder aspirations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Results are up, first year with no repeats :D

Has anyone here ever gone to the consultation day? Bit of a trek for me (didnt fail anything either) so just wondering would it be very beneficial to me to attend or is just mainly for final years?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever gone to the consultation day? Bit of a trek for me (didnt fail anything either) so just wondering would it be very beneficial to me to attend or is just mainly for final years?
    Friends of mine did, after first and second year. They were able to talk to the lecturers, see their exam scripts, and get told where they went wrong. What their strengths and weaknesses were and how to improve. Really useful for that stuff, especially if you find your up near another grade but don't quite know how to get there.

Treat it like a day out, organise to meet a couple of friends maybe for lunch and pints afterwards? Maynooth is beautiful this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've still got a work placement report to submit, it'll be a while before I have my final results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

1:1 in geography final year! wonder how many on average get a first in geography? solid 2:1 in history 67.5. im happy , sesh on dis weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I've still got a work placement report to submit, it'll be a while before I have my final results.

Yeah but at least we know if we have repeats or not! :D

Advertisement