Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know when the final year CS results are normally released, I've heard its earlier than the standard release date, but I'm not sure and need to know as soon as! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think I got my summer results in the middle of last July.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Does anyone know when the final year CS results are normally released, I've heard its earlier than the standard release date, but I'm not sure and need to know as soon as! :pac:

Comes out at the same time, some departments give provisional results but CS isn't one of them, at least they never did when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

:rolleyes:Why no retweets on the university webpage from Big Brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I know that these are all words, and this is a sentence, but it makes absolutely zero sense to me. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

How so Joe wrote: »
    I know that these are all words, and this is a sentence, but it makes absolutely zero sense to me. Am I missing something?

Are you referring to the post above yours? I believe they are making reference to a Big Brother contestant that has just finished up in Maynooth. I'm sure you've seen him around. Tallafornia Marc. Loves his fake tan, he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Can't believe I only saw this recently. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Are you referring to the post above yours? I believe they are making reference to a Big Brother contestant that has just finished up in Maynooth. I'm sure you've seen him around. Tallafornia Marc. Loves his fake tan, he does.
    I only remember seeing one outrageous fake tan. Was it the guy with the tiny little head compared to Warner Brothers cartoon oversized arms?

mickstupp wrote: »
    I only remember seeing one outrageous fake tan. Was it the guy with the tiny little head compared to Warner Brothers cartoon oversized arms?

It would appear he is graduating with a PhD after a four year undergraduate course at Maynooth????

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/housemate/marc

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he did not do a four year undergraduate degree here. He only registered a year ago.

Unless he registered a year ago for a 1 year MA? I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

He is in 4th year. If he passes, he will be getting his degree.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he did not do a four year undergraduate degree here. He only registered a year ago.

Unless he registered a year ago for a 1 year MA? I don't know.

He just finished his Chemistry finals and has been in Maynooth for a few years.

because I just graduated from college," he said. "And in December I'm off working for a big company – I don't want to mention their name but it's a big company in LA, being a scientist making drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im personally glad NUIM is keeping quiet about that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Im personally glad NUIM is keeping quiet about that sort of thing.

Couldn't agree more. He doesn't do any good for the image of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TheBody wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. He doesn't do any good for the image of the place.

the idea of any reality tv 'participant' being in university really calls that establishments educational value into question

• Registered Users Posts: 1 google machine

Hey guys, has anyone ever met with the external examiner? Just finishing 4th year Biology and wondering what they are going to ask me?

Pardon my ignorance, I've been led to believe that a Student Leap Card exists, which may be cheaper than the normal Leap Card. Can I get such a thing from the SU?

Pardon my ignorance, I've been led to believe that a Student Leap Card exists, which may be cheaper than the normal Leap Card. Can I get such a thing from the SU?

Yes, you'll just pay the student rate when you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Yes, you'll just pay the student rate when you use it.
    You can get it from the SU front desk, yeah. When I got mine a few years ago, it cost €15, and didn't come pre-loaded with any credit. It wasn't any cheaper on single journeys, but did have a different daily/weekly cap on it, and buying weekly tickets was cheaper than using a standard leap card. At the time, you needed the student Leap to buy student rail tickets, but that's no longer the case, you can use college ID to get them.

It'll help a bit on the Matthews coach too. They neglect to tell you that a student leap ticket is only allowed with a student leap card. Felt done out of a fiver a few weeks ago when I showed my student card and normal leap card, and asked for a student leap ticket. No go, apparently. Between that and a couple of necessary weekly train tickets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

They plan to close the pool at the end of August. Another bit of history getting stripped away.

1554423_1415727152086975_7134376841128910753_n.jpg?oh=8d517944159b53b37bd82ad9af26eb69&oe=55EADCC1

Feck, I never got to swim there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    They plan to close the pool at the end of August. Another bit of history getting stripped away.

1554423_1415727152086975_7134376841128910753_n.jpg?oh=8d517944159b53b37bd82ad9af26eb69&oe=55EADCC1

Isn't a new swimming pool being built in the next few years anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

thelad95 wrote: »
    Isn't a new swimming pool being built in the next few years anyway?

Plan is for it to be built in 5 years, which leaves Maynooth without a pool for not just its students but also all the surrounding community who use it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know five years is a long time and all that but you'd think that they'd wait til there was at least a sign of a new pool before closing the current one. It'll be a real pity to see that pool go. Hopefully they'll be able to reverse that decision for at least a short while

Sad that they can afford to rebrand the bins, but can't keep the swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think there will be too much of a backlash for them to not reverse this decision. This doesn't just affect the college, but also the town of Maynooth itself and all the surrounding towns.

Jesus Christ our facilities are enough of a laughing stock compared to other NUI's already without having no swimming pool whatsoever.

Whoever's in charge of the money is a moron, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Spotted: Banquo on Nrth Great Georges st drinking fizzy orange and shielding his burger from a crafty dog :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I REMEMBER THAT. Should have said hi!

Advertisement