Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Does anyone know when the "Commuters' Room" will be set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Does anyone know when the "Commuters' Room" will be set up?

I thought that was just a mythical dream that was never going to happen ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »

I thought that that was the point of the common room?

I thought that that was the point of the common room?

The one that was beside your apt last year that doubled as an office or the other one ?

The other common room was built afik after the great fire of 2008 when the canteen burnt down as a temporary building/measure to give students a place to eat while the Phoenix was built and then they just left it there after seeing it could be a useful addition alongside the new canteen

I just realised the symbolism of the phoenix being called so right there.... after 2/3 years in Maynooth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

They seem to be setting up something in the common room now.

• Advertisement

They seem to be setting up something in the common room now.

Is there dare I say it MICROWAVES ??

That'd actually be a dream come true....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The common room is getting taps and microwaves, and the old SU Shop in the Arts Block annex is now a common room as well and it is called the Bunker. It will have hot water and microwaves as well. No longer a mythical dream.

Is there dare I say it MICROWAVES ??

That'd actually be a dream come true....

It looked like it when I was in there last week.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The common room is getting taps and microwaves, and the old SU Shop in the Arts Block annex is now a common room as well and it is called the Bunker. It will have hot water and microwaves as well. No longer a mythical dream.
    It looked like it when I was in there last week.

OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!!

This totally makes up for my stupid 9am lecture on Thursdays!!

Finally I no longer have to live off stupid sandwiches and crisps/chocolate from the vending machines after 3/4pm I can eat REAL FOOD !!

I'M SO HAPPY !! :D:D:D:D

Is the new bunker place where the old academic advisory was near the BIOSOC room ?

The one that was beside your apt last year that doubled as an office or the other one ?

The other common room was built afik after the great fire of 2008 when the canteen burnt down as a temporary building/measure to give students a place to eat while the Phoenix was built and then they just left it there after seeing it could be a useful addition alongside the new canteen

I just realised the symbolism of the phoenix being called so right there.... after 2/3 years in Maynooth....

The big building by the canteen. I don't think that was ever meant to be temporary?

What's the one near the apts?

• Advertisement

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

:pac:

Is the new bunker place where the old academic advisory was near the BIOSOC room ?

Unless I'm misreading, I think it's where the shop was in the back of the arts block.

The big building by the canteen. I don't think that was ever meant to be temporary?

What's the one near the apts?

I recall reading somewhere that it was but that really could be just be my imagination :pac:

I showed you the one in the apartments last year , you said it was someone's office or something :pac:

Unless I'm misreading, I think it's where the shop was in the back of the arts block.

Where they sold the books ??

I'd completely forgotten about that place :pac: OOPPSS

Where they sold the books ??

I'd completely forgotten about that place :pac: OOPPSS

That'd be the one

*pats on head* :pac:

That'd be the one

*pats on head* :pac:

Cheers....:cool:

Cheers....:cool:

Anytime :D

I recall reading somewhere that it was but that really could be just be my imagination :pac:

I showed you the one in the apartments last year , you said it was someone's office or something :pac:

Yea, that's the campus apartments reception

In other news....

Anyone know if the lockers are going to be dished out lottery style this year again or will it be the old way where you can pick the number yourself ??

Also does anyone know how much the student travel card/leapcards cost and if you can still get them in the su office ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Also does anyone know how much the student travel card/leapcards cost and if you can still get them in the su office ?

€13 I believe but AIB should be giving vouchers for them to new and existing account holders.

GarIT wrote: »
    €13 I believe but AIB should be giving vouchers for them to new and existing account holders.

You only get that voucher once, afaik. And yep, you can buy them off the Marys.

Ah the good aul Mary's ;)

and yeah I think you only get that voucher once too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I never knew that :( Isn't it just Mary now? I think I remember one announced her retirement at last years clubs and socs ball.

GarIT wrote: »
    I never knew that :( Isn't it just Mary now? I think I remember one announced her retirement at last years clubs and socs ball.

:( Mary !

Oh no! I'd heard about that but didn't believe it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wait. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

The two Marys are still there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Think that's the first time I ever saw a ticket inspector on the Maynooth train...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Took 6 years of being in Maynooth for me to finally meet a ticket inspector. Of course, I didn't have a ticket, and received a fine. Forgot about the fine, eventually had to go to court. Pleaded guilty and was still found not guilty, such is the broad incompetence of Irish Rail.

Advertisement