Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Wasn't that more to do with the number of people who had caused power shortages, shocked themselves or just broke lots of tissues by doing stupid things like sticking cutlery and stuff into the toasters which also led to a lot of toasters having to be replaced every year.

I was an RA for few years, I've never seen anyone break a toaster like that while on campus, the toasters supplied to the river and rye apartments were cheap ones. The cost to replace them was never that high.

Sure you had some breakage due to age or misuse, (or people would steal them... I'm not kidding) but not that many.

Kettles on the other hand were being broken all the time, the amount of times people would come in with a kettle they broke by trying to boil pasta or eggs or noodles or whatever in was silly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I was an RA for few years, I've never seen anyone break a toaster like that while on campus, the toasters supplied to the river and rye apartments were cheap ones. The cost to replace them was never that high.

Sure you had some breakage due to age or misuse, (or people would steal them... I'm not kidding) but not that many.

Kettles on the other hand were being broken all the time, the amount of times people would come in with a kettle they broke by trying to boil pasta or eggs or noodles or whatever in was silly.

Fair enough. That was just what I'd heard.

Why would someone do that with a kettle though?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

People actually try cooking pasta etc. in the kettle?!?
    I know some people moving out for college might not be used to cooking, but how could trying to cook stuff in the kettle ever end well..?
    :pac:

People actually try cooking pasta etc. in the kettle?!?
    I know some people moving out for college might not be used to cooking, but how could trying to cook stuff in the kettle ever end well..?
    :pac:

...yes, because people are idiots.
    To cook pasta in a kettle you need to hold the switch down, which damages the kettle as well as pasta getting stuck to the element. which again, not good for kettles.

I have far worse stories from my time there. (You people are animals, you know that?) But that one is better to tell people, its PG, silly, doesn't involve bodily fluids, or fires and will not result in libel proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Fair enough. That was just what I'd heard.

Desperate times perhaps ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Desperate times perhaps ? :confused:

No, some people are just that stupid. My cousin once tried to heat milk in a kettle.

No, some people are just that stupid. My cousin once tried to heat milk in a kettle.

That sounds like a genius idea !! :)

actually I saw that too, did not end well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

actually I saw that too, did not end well.

I can only imagine the smell...

I can only imagine the smell...

You can't.
    I assure you, you can't.

If those walls could talk... they would probably scream for help constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Guys, for anyone interested and knows who Maryanne is from the Chemistry department, she's on The Great Irish Bake Off on TV3 at 9pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Guys, for anyone interested and knows who Maryanne is from the Chemistry department, she's on The Great Irish Bake Off on TV3 at 9pm :D

HUP THE MARYANNE! :cool:

Boeing777 wrote: »

Watching it now :D

So watching that later :D

She's a bloody champion!

marko93 wrote: »
    She's a bloody champion!

All this cake is making me hungry :(

All this cake is making me hungry :(

I'm making an apple crumble if that helps? :P

I'm making an apple crumble if that helps? :P

Yuck!! I hate apple crumble :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

:eek:

what+the+what.gif

I can also make triple chocolate cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I can also make triple chocolate cake

Recipe or GTFO!!

TheBody wrote: »
    Recipe or GTFO!!

A good magician never reveals his secrets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

A good magician never reveals his secrets ;)

Ahh come on!! It better not be a Betty Crocker just add water job!!

I would definitely love some cake right now o.o

TheBody wrote: »
    Ahh come on!! It better not be a Betty Crocker just add water job!!

Nope. Made from scratch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Maryanne came across really well on the show tonight. So likable and as funny as ever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I miss apple pie and crumble....can't eat apples...upsets me greatly
    I need cake!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

what+the+what.gif

I only just went through the pain of saying goodbye to Ten again and you went and posted that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I only just went through the pain of saying goodbye to Ten again and you went and posted that :(

I cried myself to sleep after the regeneration...it was awful

• Advertisement

This.

Why are we trusting people over 18 that can't use a toilet with stuff that could injure/kill them?

Remember not everyones over 18 yet....theres always the odd few firsties left straggling behind at 17 :(

Advertisement