Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Isn't it 9am on Friday that everyone needs to worry about? :confused:

I thought that too, but doesn't everyone realise they're probably going to be in work before 9am once they graduate and start working?
    :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I thought that too, but doesn't everyone realise they're probably going to be in work before 9am once they graduate and start working?

We don't talk about "The Future" here!

(Except yea, that may be why my early morning timetable doesn't bother me. I've been working full time, 9 - 6, for two years now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Yeah, not all jobs entail 9-5 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Isn't it 9am on Friday that everyone needs to worry about? :confused:

I like to have the option of going out on Wednesdays too ;)

Also really 'cos I'll be driving in from Donabate 9am starts are a real pain in the arse 'cos the traffic on the m1/m50 at that time is mental !!

Wait, you actually have that lecture? Ouch.

Yeah Grainne just confirmed it this morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

aaabbbb wrote: »

Soz :( :pac: It is only for one semester though so that's not so bad. I think the extra lecture would be better for Integral Calculus more so than Differential.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Soz :( :pac: It is only for one semester though so that's not so bad. I think the extra lecture would be better for Integral Calculus more so than Differential.

Probably , If only I knew how good I'd had it last year with my earliest start being 11 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Hey guys, slightly confused with registering for second year. Im doing MH111 which is Anthropology and im continuing Sociology with it. On the registration i signed up for the 50 mandatory credits in anthropology but it says i have to email the records office with my choice of modules for my remaining ten credits. My question is do i have to pick the mandatory modules for sociology or can i pick any of the sociology modules available?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Toshi101 wrote: »
    Hey guys, slightly confused with registering for second year. Im doing MH111 which is Anthropology and im continuing Sociology with it. On the registration i signed up for the 50 mandatory credits in anthropology but it says i have to email the records office with my choice of modules for my remaining ten credits. My question is do i have to pick the mandatory modules for sociology or can i pick any of the sociology modules available?

If in doubt, contact the department.

I had calculus once at that time too.
    After a week or two you get used to it. Coffee is the answer.

But there were always a good few sleepy faces in that lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ah, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Feeling far too tired, and I was only in for a half day of postgrad induction. If I am this tired now, what will I feel like when I am back in lectures.

Campus did not seem too busy today, none of the big courses must have been registering today.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alqua

Hi all,

http://campusservices.nuim.ie/traffic/ <- is the date here of parking enforcement from the 30th of Sept definitely correct? So no one can be clamped on either campus before that date? It's ok to park anywhere? (unless obviously obstructing/parking in staff spaces and that) Just to be sure to be sure to be sure...you can never be too sure when it comes to those guys! *paranoid* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Feeling far too tired, and I was only in for a half day of postgrad induction. If I am this tired now, what will I feel like when I am back in lectures.

Campus did not seem too busy today, none of the big courses must have been registering today.

How was the induction... As a Recent graduate of maynooth, I didn't attend it but did I miss anything that was important. Doing the Immunology masters.

How was the induction... As a Recent graduate of maynooth, I didn't attend it but did I miss anything that was important. Doing the Immunology masters.

You missed nothing, I regret going to it. Only giving an overview of the usual like the library, student services, student union and computer centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

You missed nothing, I regret going to it. Only giving an overview of the usual like the library, student services, student union and computer centre.[/QUOTE/]

That's grand so. What course are you doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Alqua wrote: »
    Hi all,

http://campusservices.nuim.ie/traffic/ <- is the date here of parking enforcement from the 30th of Sept definitely correct? So no one can be clamped on either campus before that date? It's ok to park anywhere? (unless obviously obstructing/parking in staff spaces and that) Just to be sure to be sure to be sure...you can never be too sure when it comes to those guys! *paranoid* :rolleyes:

Yes it's definitely correct, they give everyone a week to get permits sorted etc.

You missed nothing, I regret going to it. Only giving an overview of the usual like the library, student services, student union and computer centre.[/QUOTE/]

That's grand so. What course are you doing :)

Masters in Law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

You missed nothing, I regret going to it. Only giving an overview of the usual like the library, student services, student union and computer centre.
    My induction two years ago was a complete waste of time. Expensive too, since I had to travel to the blasted place outside of term. I think it's designed for people who are new to the college. Why they want everyone to go is beyond me.

mickstupp wrote: »
    My induction two years ago was a complete waste of time. Expensive too, since I had to travel to the blasted place outside of term. I think it's designed for people who are new to the college. Why they want everyone to go is beyond me.

I missed my one too, I had an awesome trip planned personal matters to attend to.

The whole thing seemed like a waste of time, its just the central bureaucracy justifying its own existence and a cheese and wine reception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I missed 100% of mine by turning up the wrong Monday, a Monday late. I got a tour of the disabled facilities - toilets, mainly. Turns out they're right beside the regular toilets.

banquo wrote: »
    I missed 100% of mine by turning up the wrong Monday, a Monday late. I got a tour of the disabled facilities - toilets, mainly. Turns out they're right beside the regular toilets.

They aren't near the trans-gendered ones (that was actually a unisex staff jax blown out of all proportion)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

What happens when you register, and you pay the 100 euro but your still awaiting assessment from susi?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just pay the €100, there should be a box to tick on the site if you've applied for SUSI.

Just pay the €100, there should be a box to tick on the site if you've applied for SUSI.
    Ye i have done that, but when i click a susi applicant and then put in the number, it doesn't recognize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

lisar816 wrote: »
    Ye i have done that, but when i click a susi applicant and then put in the number, it doesn't recognize it.

Lisa the best thing to do and in order to get clear clarification on it is to email fees and they will direct you as to what is best to do fees.office@nuim.ie
    :)

Karmaa wrote: »
    Lisa the best thing to do and in order to get clear clarification on it is to email fees and they will direct you as to what is best to do fees.office@nuim.ie
    :)
    Well i am registering tomorrow so i'll see what happens. Hopefully it can be sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

lisar816 wrote: »
    Well i am registering tomorrow so i'll see what happens. Hopefully it can be sorted :)
    I think if you pay the hundred and have a confirmation letter for the grant, you can get your card. But if you pay the hundred and only have an application number, you're only provisionally registered. No card. But I'm not sure. It'd mean you couldn't use the library, but you'd still be able to use any of the online facilities.

I was reminded today of how lovely the hot chocolate is from the machine in the Arts Block. I am going to be addicted to it again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I was reminded today of how lovely the hot chocolate is from the machine in the Arts Block. I am going to be addicted to it again this year.
    Awwww I really want one now!!!

Advertisement