Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

banquo wrote: »
    Took 6 years of being in Maynooth for me to finally meet a ticket inspector.

It took even longer to get the passenger information signs to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thecomet

Was wondering if anyone knew how to register with the language centre on moodle.. really can't figure out how to do it?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

The soul shattering moment when it is found out you have to join a choir for the music course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

thecomet wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone knew how to register with the language centre on moodle.. really can't figure out how to do it?..
    Think you need to wait until the 23rd? could be wrong.

Jaysus, where did all these people come from?
    Were they hiding here the whole time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

andrew369 wrote: »
    The soul shattering moment when it is found out you have to join a choir for the music course :(

tumblr_static_dean_sam_hug.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Is there a way to find out who your lecturers are for each module before your first lecture in each module?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Day one down :D

Commute is not as bad I was thought it might be, but I'm not looking forward to 9am lectures Thursday and Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

So I went to register today but was told that I should've been sent a form to get filled by my old college and that I won't be able to get my student card til I return it, regardless of the fact that I paid fees. That's grand. But I won't be able to bring it back 'til Monday, and I can't access my personalised timetable... help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Is there a way to find out who your lecturers are for each module before your first lecture in each module?

Check the module page on Moodle and look at the participants, the lecturer is normally listed on it. Their name should be the only not in all block capitals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Check the module page on Moodle and look at the participants, the lecturer is normally listed on it. Their name should be the only not in all block capitals.

I'm repeating so I can't register yet meaning I've no Moodle access for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I'm repeating so I can't register yet meaning I've no Moodle access for this year
    Enter your module code here sometimes they include the lecturer in the course information.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

For anyone doing chemistry they have put this page up on their website. It's about labs/tutorials sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Or the dept webpage itself http://www.nuim.ie/academic/ normally list what lecturer is doing what module, that's the way I find them anyway :)

What do I need to log into to change my subjects? Only registered yesterday and need to change from music to anthropology, awesome start to say the least lol.

What do I need to log into to change my subjects? Only registered yesterday and need to change from music to anthropology, awesome start to say the least lol.

You log into here with your student number and password https://studentweb.nuim.ie/. It should then be an option to amend registration.

Some advice here for changing the subject http://records.nuim.ie/RegistrationAmendmentsGuide.htm

You can't amend online until Monday 23rd I was notified by records today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

So I went to register today but was told that I should've been sent a form to get filled by my old college and that I won't be able to get my student card til I return it, regardless of the fact that I paid fees. That's grand. But I won't be able to bring it back 'til Monday, and I can't access my personalised timetable... help!
    If you have your student number, then you shouldn't need your card to be able to check your timetable. But if you don't, you can still go to https://www.nuim.ie/timetable/?TARGET=LECTURE and check your lecture times. Just don't click on the Student tab. Stay on the Timetable tab, fill in the drop down menu with your course, press continue, and keep filling in the subjects you're doing until you see the times and days.

Karmaa wrote: »
    You can't amend online until Monday 23rd I was notified by records today :)

Ah damn OK. A lot of people in Arts will be changing subject anyway so no rush. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

The common room is getting taps and microwaves, and the old SU Shop in the Arts Block annex is now a common room as well and it is called the Bunker. It will have hot water and microwaves as well. No longer a mythical dream.

Walked by the common room today and all I could see was a sort of kitchen unit and one tap/sink. There seemed to be no other work going on at present, so for now I remain skeptical. :cool:

As for the bunker place I went to check it out but there was nothing, all the doors were locked and the place was still as freezing cold and grim as ever :(

#DEVO.

• Advertisement

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Walked by the common room today and all I could see was a sort of kitchen unit and one tap/sink. There seemed to be no other work going on at present, so for now I remain skeptical. :cool:

As for the bunker place I went to check it out but there was nothing, all the doors were locked and the place was still as freezing cold and grim as ever :(

#DEVO.

It seems works on the bunker have come to a halt but it has to be ready for next week as the mature students will be using that room, their other room was taken from them. As for common room it only needs microwaves as the plumbing is done in there so not a big job left to be done in there.

It seems works on the bunker have come to a halt but it has to be ready for next week as the mature students will be using that room, their other room was taken from them. As for common room it only needs microwaves as the plumbing is done in there so not a big job left to be done in there.

As far as I am aware the Bunker is for commuter students so it is for every student not just mature students. The mature students might have part of the Bunker to themselves but definitely not all of it.

As far as I am aware the Bunker is for commuter students so it is for every student not just mature students. The mature students might have part of the Bunker to themselves but definitely not all of it.

It is for all students. I never said they would have all of it I said they would be using it :confused:

It is for all students. I never said they would have all of it I said they would be using it :confused:

Apologies. Sorry for the mistake :o

The common room is getting taps and microwaves, and the old SU Shop in the Arts Block annex is now a common room as well and it is called the Bunker. It will have hot water and microwaves as well. No longer a mythical dream.

At least that idea makes more sense then the SU shop in there. (Do we need a second common room?)

But what about health and safety? Won't we all get super powers from the microwave and then super sue the university?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Old enough to drive, drink, procreate. But not use a microwave.

St. Pats don't allow toasters to be put in the Village apartments for that reason, people buy their own and leave them there when they move out and nobody could be arsed to take them out of there.

Its a depressing place sometimes...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    St. Pats don't allow toasters to be put in the Village apartments for that reason, people buy their own and leave them there when they move out and nobody could be arsed to take them out of there.

Its a depressing place sometimes...

Wasn't that more to do with the number of people who had caused power shortages, shocked themselves or just broke lots of tissues by doing stupid things like sticking cutlery and stuff into the toasters which also led to a lot of toasters having to be replaced every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Or toilets, clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

mickstupp wrote: »
    Or toilets, clearly.

This.

Why are we trusting people over 18 that can't use a toilet with stuff that could injure/kill them?

Advertisement