Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ogillman

hajdek wrote: »
    A yeah ill take it just want to check if there is a lot of stress.

I got the email too man!! Same department!! Happy days man well done and can't wait to work with you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hajdek

Happy days I'll finally get out from this nightmare of a job I have

Happy days I'll finally get out from this nightmare of a job I have

Looks like there was no need to worry after all. Cannot wait to start now. Congratulations man and delighted we will get to work together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The only thing is it says it's for retention and I applied for sales advisor???

The retention job is a sales advisor role. Tbh its what you make of it. Some people love it, some people hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Congrats lads!

• Advertisement

amm89 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have my first assessment in a couple days time, read through the whole thread and am a little confused as to what is to be expected in the first assessment and what happens in the second. Would someone mind pming me any helpful info? I'd really appreciate it, I am really keen on this! Thanks so much

Just be ur self have a chat wit them. On the first basic interview stuff. On second two exercises one presentation what would be god for a certain customer and then role play on the phone selling a package to a customer. All straight forward stuff. Just don't stress yourself and relax

Hi there, I have my first assessment in a couple days time, read through the whole thread and am a little confused as to what is to be expected in the first assessment and what happens in the second. Would someone mind pming me any helpful info? I'd really appreciate it, I am really keen on this! Thanks so much

messaged you there

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

meant to post back here but have been off on holidays and whatnot but i got the job as well, had the open evening/meet'n'greet yesterday,can't wait to start now on monday :) thanks very much to mr WildBunch, your advice was damned helpful :) and also, congrats to hajdek and ogillman :)

meant to post back here but have been off on holidays and whatnot but i got the job as well, had the open evening/meet'n'greet yesterday,can't wait to start now on monday :) thanks very much to mr WildBunch, your advice was damned helpful :) and also, congrats to hajdek and ogillman :)

No worries, glad you got the job :) a bunch of you walked by us on your brief tour yesterday, hope yiz liked the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hello. I got a call on Tuesday to say I passed the online assessment and was I available to do the telephone interview. The gentleman informed me I passed it and they are currently awaiting slots in my area for what I presume would be the first round of interviews. They will get back to me on this.

Again I am but a nervous applicant who is looking for help on how to prepare for this stage. I would be most grateful for any advice I received. Naturally like most I'd love to earn a job with Sky. I want to be as prepared as I can. Thanks for your time guys.

• Advertisement

Hello. I got a call on Tuesday to say I passed the online assessment and was I available to do the telephone interview. The gentleman informed me I passed it and they are currently awaiting slots in my area for what I presume would be the first round of interviews. They will get back to me on this.

Again I am but a nervous applicant who is looking for help on how to prepare for this stage. I would be most grateful for any advice I received. Naturally like most I'd love to earn a job with Sky. I want to be as prepared as I can. Thanks for your time guys.

Is it for Sales or Service?

Is it for Sales or Service?

Hello TWB, thanks for replying. It is for a Service Advisor role. Sorry I should have mentioned that before.

Hello TWB, thanks for replying. It is for a Service Advisor role. Sorry I should have mentioned that before.

Cool, I'll shoot you a PM :)

Thanks TWB, I've just checked my inbox :)

Got start date 14 or 28 of July
    Can't wait!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!

You get the call earlier? She said just waiting for references to check out. Did she tell you 8th July for meet and greet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ferti

Can't wait!!!!!!

Hi, are you starting for Sales Advisor role?

Ferti wrote: »
    Hi, are you starting for Sales Advisor role?

Yes sales advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ferti

Yes sales advisor

Could you please send me a PM how long you were waiting to hear from them after first interview to hear from them if you were succesful or not?
    And if you can give me bit of heads up what was on second interview please? Maybe the right way to answer, you know what I mean.

Thanks

Ferti wrote: »
    Could you please send me a PM how long you were waiting to hear from them after first interview to hear from them if you were succesful or not?
    And if you can give me bit of heads up what was on second interview please? Maybe the right way to answer, you know what I mean.

Thanks
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Hi everyone.

Just got a call there about the Service Advisor position I applied for they said I passed the online test and tried to book me in for the start of August she didn't say interview but I'm presuming that's what it was about.

I'm going on holiday at the end of August though so she said their is another start date mid-way through September and gave me a phone number to ring for when I get back.

Has this happened to anyone and they managed to get the job? I feel like I just ruined my chances to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Just got a call there about the Service Advisor position I applied for they said I passed the online test and tried to book me in for the start of August she didn't say interview but I'm presuming that's what it was about.

I'm going on holiday at the end of August though so she said their is another start date mid-way through September and gave me a phone number to ring for when I get back.

Has this happened to anyone and they managed to get the job? I feel like I just ruined my chances to be honest.

hey there, i had a similar experience, got a call at the end of april / start of may to interview for a start date at the beginning of june. i told them i had a holiday booked at the start of june and they then booked me in for interview for a start date at the end of june, done the interviews at the end of may and found out while on holiday that i had been successful and am starting on monday, so no, you havent ruined your chances. i found that they're very accomodating as long as you're upfront with them from the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

hey there, i had a similar experience, got a call at the end of april / start of may to interview for a start date at the beginning of june. i told them i had a holiday booked at the start of june and they then booked me in for interview for a start date at the end of june, done the interviews at the end of may and found out while on holiday that i had been successful and am starting on monday, so no, you havent ruined your chances. i found that they're very accomodating as long as you're upfront with them from the start :)

Ah brilliant thanks very much mate that has cheered me up and well done on getting it!

How was the interview if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wpaneto

Hi guys, I will have my first assessment in couple days for Sales Advisor.
    I read through the threads and I don't know yet what to expect in the first assessment, and what is going to happen in the second one.
    I Would appreciate if someone could help me out here =), like giving me any helpful info, hint, ...
    Thank you very much.

So I've been made the verbal offer of the job (this day last week) and told of a start date for the 14th with meet and greet Tuesday the 8th. However I still haven't got any email with regards my real contract as obviously it's pending my reference checks. Just wondering from experience how long did it take for the contract to come after the initial email and then the call with the verbal job offer. Me and Hajdek are in the same situation. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mwv

Hi there, just wondering does anybody know if you still get an email from the recruitment team if you're unsuccessful? Or should you just assume that much on not hearing back. Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrjoshua

From what I have read in this thread yes you do. But it can take a few days to hear whatever way they decide

Hi there, just wondering does anybody know if you still get an email from the recruitment team if you're unsuccessful? Or should you just assume that much on not hearing back. Thanks a lot!

You'll get an email wether u ware successful or not

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mwv

Ah righto, I'll keep the hope alive a little longer so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 nskelton

I got a phone interview for customer service position, then they called me back two days later and said the manager has put the position on hold for another week or two. He asked if I wanted to apply for sales retention in the meantime and I declined, so he said that that's fine. Does that mean I've got to the next stage?

Advertisement