Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

RomanGod wrote: »
    Sent an application last night after reading this thread and got an instant no this morning because I failed the questionnaire apparently.

Normally that wouldn't bother me but I have worked for Eircom in the exact same role, have another 2 years sales experience in retail and a finance degree. I feel they didn't even take the time to see that.

Psychometric testing does that, large employers will have all sorts of criteria that they're looking for, not just raw ability to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrjoshua

Well I just had my second assessment. Present went really well and had a good laugh with your man. The mock call I made a right balls of. Lol. I as least could tell the lovely lady where I went wrong realising most of the things I missed. Major one being profile the customer. I wont forget that one again. Anyway. Win or lose I have had a great experience through the whole process. Thanks Sky for giving me another bite of the cherry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Sent an application yesterday evening, got a phone call this morning where I conducted my telephone interview.

Passed it :D now just to wait for another call to find out when I have my face-to-face interview...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 woof40

Just wondering why is there constantly so many jobs seemingly on offer at Sky ? Is this due to high turnover of staff as going by this thread people are regularly starting in new positions .

a awful lot of retentions get sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

And a lot in sales can't hack it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gormanj6

Have my second interview on Wednesday for sales retention could somebody pm me some information on what to expect I'm terrified.

gormanj6 wrote: »
    Have my second interview on Wednesday for sales retention could somebody pm me some information on what to expect I'm terrified.

Check your PM's

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FeRgAlFeRg1

Do any of you know, if I fail my phone interview is it possible to reapply and do the interview again?

Do any of you know, if I fail my phone interview is it possible to reapply and do the interview again?

Yes. I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kane965

Have my first round interview for sales advisor with Sky next week! Can anyone give me any tips on what to expect. Questions, role plays, dress code??

• Advertisement

Kane965 wrote: »
    Have my first round interview for sales advisor with Sky next week! Can anyone give me any tips on what to expect. Questions, role plays, dress code??

I'll shoot you a message when i get home

Check your PM's

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mbilal120

Can anyone please tell me what kind of questions are asked in the phone interview thanks.

mbilal120 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me what kind of questions are asked in the phone interview thanks.

Education/Experience/Why do you want to work for sky?/Tell me about your experience of working in a team/what do you think you have to offer sky

etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mbilal120

Education/Experience/Why do you want to work for sky?/Tell me about your experience of working in a team/what do you think you have to offer sky

etc etc

Thanks

mbilal120 wrote: »
    Thanks

Have another generic prepared answeres at the ready aswell (tell me about a time where you dealt with conflict with a colleague or customer/tell me about a time where you showedf empathy)

That sort've stuff

It's a really short basic interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2 indigo98

Hey!

Can anyone give me details of whats involved in the 2nd assessment stage. Haven't got a clue what to expect after the first round!

Cheers

indigo98 wrote: »
    Hey!

Can anyone give me details of whats involved in the 2nd assessment stage. Haven't got a clue what to expect after the first round!

Cheers

Is it for sales or retention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 indigo98

Is it for sales or retention?

It's for sales :)

indigo98 wrote: »
    It's for sales :)

Check your messages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Adei

Hi can someone please help me...

I got an interview with sky last week and I got a call to say I was successful and they would like to invite me for the second assessment. Then on Friday morning I got a call from them saying they would have to cancel due to the fact that they not sure if the role had been filled... They haven't called back yet so I decided to call today to find out what's going on and they tellinge no assessment day is available they have to wait till they get all my information grime ireland to they're headquarters in London before they can know what's going on! Is this normal? Should I keep my hopes up cause it seems to be different stories Everytime... Help!

Adei wrote: »
    Hi can someone please help me...

I got an interview with sky last week and I got a call to say I was successful and they would like to invite me for the second assessment. Then on Friday morning I got a call from them saying they would have to cancel due to the fact that they not sure if the role had been filled... They haven't called back yet so I decided to call today to find out what's going on and they tellinge no assessment day is available they have to wait till they get all my information grime ireland to they're headquarters in London before they can know what's going on! Is this normal? Should I keep my hopes up cause it seems to be different stories Everytime... Help!

Have you rang recruitment department in Newcastle?

Have you rang recruitment department in Newcastle?

I rang the recruitment team in England and they said they will let me know when they have get my details sent to them

I rang the recruitment team in England and they said they will let me know when they have get my details sent to them

I'd suggest just ringing again first thing tomorrow and ask for further clarification.

Recruitment/HR department in the UK notoriously all over the place when it comes to Sky Ireland, so you HAVE to harass them :)

Don't feel weird calling them again

I'd suggest just ringing again first thing tomorrow and ask for further clarification.

Recruitment/HR department in the UK notoriously all over the place when it comes to Sky Ireland, so you HAVE to harass them :)

Don't feel weird calling them again

Yes as I don't want to seem like I'm bugging them... They did say they would call me when the time is right... what if it was a mistake they made offering me a second interview so they finding a way to tell me to f@&! Now

Yes as I don't want to seem like I'm bugging them... They did say they would call me when the time is right... what if it was a mistake they made offering me a second interview so they finding a way to tell me to f@&! Now

Seriously, they wouldn't make a mistake like that - you got the 2nd invite on merit :)

Trust me, just call again this morning, and keep ringing until you get the answer you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jacckoone

anyone any idea what the sales (attraction) assessment is like, ta v much. Ja

jacckoone wrote: »
    anyone any idea what the sales (attraction) assessment is like, ta v much. Ja

Is it your first assessment? Have you passed the telephone interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jacckoone

Is it your first assessment? Have you passed the telephone interview

I have passed the phone interview thanks,

• Advertisement

jacckoone wrote: »
    I have passed the phone interview thanks,

When's the interview for? I'll send you some info when I get home

Advertisement