Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paulmazz4

Well I just had my second assessment. Mad ha ha absolutely mad. I loved it. So its in the lap of the gods now, or Sky should I say lol. I really hope I did enough and showed my personality also. I can safely say that this whole process has not just been an interview it's been an experience also and not a bad one at that. There's other companies out there should take a leaf out of Sky's book. I really hope I get in. So good luck to all others today also. :•)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BIGALOchap

I was in for the assesment today as well and I have to say the SKY HR TEAMS ROCKS!!!
    A whole new way to recruit, its just amazing experience....

Paulmazz have you heard anything from the HR on when to expect a reply?

I didn't but i will let you know either way. Good luck to you also.

Thank you for the reply Paul, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 kt.alice

Hi all :)

I just passed the phone interview yesterday, and now i have an assessment tomorrow (Wednesday)

Could anybody kindly pass me on the information that's been going around by pm? Id appreciate anything that could help! :-)

Katie

sorry i should say - the role is sales advisor!

kt.alice wrote: »

I just passed the phone interview yesterday, and now i have an assessment tomorrow (Wednesday)

Could anybody kindly pass me on the information that's been going around by pm? Id appreciate anything that could help! :-)

Katie

Hi Katie. I would have PMed you all the info I had but unfortunately I don't think it would be any help to you as I went for the Service Advisors role. Have a read through the posts. I read through the lot and I am nearly sure there is info on the sales advisors. One thing I can say for whatever job you may be applying for just be yourself and let your personality shine through I'm still waiting to see if I was successful or not. But if I wasn't it's certainly not down to the guys who interviewed me. It's the fairest process I ever went through as well. You can read anything in these posts but it really is down to you if you succeed. Just be yourself and if they can see something in you it seems to me they will give you a shot. So have a look through the posts ok and good luck. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hajdek

Hi I have a phone interview with sky tomorrow what should I expect. Please help I'm going through Google to find some answers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ogillman

kt.alice wrote: »

Katie

sorry i should say - the role is sales advisor!

Hi! I had my interview today (11th June)

Best interview process ever. It started off with a 25 minute one and one interview usual work experience, why you etc. After that there was 2 five minute speed interviews. This is when one persons asks you about a certain situation and how you dealt with it, the outcome etc. Then someone else comes in and does the same just a different question. You are then given 15 minutes to make a presentation (don't want to give away what it's on, but nothing to be worried about!) Then you present it for 5 minutes or so and finish up with 3 or 4 short questions. I received a call literally 30 minutes after leaving to invite me back for the next stage. Really all the interviewers are bang on and just be yourself and relax. They are up for a chat etc so just he yourself that's the best advice. Let me know how you get one :-).

Odhran

Well I didn't get the job. I'm a bit surprised to be honest. So no sour grapes on that score but what has annoyed me is the fact I had to ring them to find out. I called during the week telling them I had been offered another job but as it was the sky one I was really hoping for could I find out if any decision had been made. She told me 5 days

I just called back to find out the email should have been sent Friday or Monday telling me I was unsuccessful. Stupid me turned down the other job wensday. The lady I just spoke to in the UK apologised for me not having got that email. Had I have done I would have taken the other job. So thanks for that Sky. Like I said if you didn't want to employ me fine. And I don't even blame you for me turning down the other job but I wouldn't have had to turn it down had you sent me the email when you should have done. It wasn't just me that didn't get their email and had to call either so the lady at sky in the UK just told me she had 2 other calls.
    The lady said I could re apply. I don't think so.Thanks for that Sky

Thanks

• Advertisement

So just passed the phone interview and I'm having an assessment on Tuesday could anyone give me some he's up what to expect? Thanx

Heads up i ment thanx

hajdek wrote: »
    So just passed the phone interview and I'm having an assessment on Tuesday could anyone give me some he's up what to expect? Thanx

If you read my post just about 2 things up this page I have went through what happens at it. And again just be yourself and it is honestly nothing to be worried about. They are all bang on and it is a great way of interviewing compared to the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

paulmazz4 wrote: »
    Well I didn't get the job. I'm a bit surprised to be honest. So no sour grapes on that score but what has annoyed me is the fact I had to ring them to find out. I called during the week telling them I had been offered another job but as it was the sky one I was really hoping for could I find out if any decision had been made. She told me 5 days

I just called back to find out the email should have been sent Friday or Monday telling me I was unsuccessful. Stupid me turned down the other job wensday. The lady I just spoke to in the UK apologised for me not having got that email. Had I have done I would have taken the other job. So thanks for that Sky. Like I said if you didn't want to employ me fine. And I don't even blame you for me turning down the other job but I wouldn't have had to turn it down had you sent me the email when you should have done. It wasn't just me that didn't get their email and had to call either so the lady at sky in the UK just told me she had 2 other calls.
    The lady said I could re apply. I don't think so.Thanks for that Sky

Thanks

Why didn't you just take the other job, and if successful with Sky, make a choice between the two, or if unsuccessful, you would have had that to fall back on?

Because I have to say I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't tell an employer I will take the job then not. I think that's wrong. My only bone of contention here is apparently Sky HR had decided last Friday I wasn't getting the job. I know this to be true because of what the lady at Sky in the UK told me when she called me back. Had sky have let me know when they decided they were not hiring me I would not have turned the other job down. Therefore I would not have had to lie to the other employer and i i would have accepted their offer.
    Like I said if Sky didn't think I was right for a job with them. That's ok But because someone there last Friday only let some of the people know they were successful or unsuccessful this happened to me. I also know this for a fact as the lady in the UK told me this and 3 other people I'm chatting with who go their yes or no.

I hope that answers your question

Finished first assessment f2f hop I'll done all in my power. What's on the second anyone has any info???

Finished first assessment f2f hop I'll done all in my power. What's on the second anyone has any info???

When you in for the second one?

Don't know yet waiting for an email from them.

Don't know yet waiting for an email from them.

Have you got confirmation that you were successful in the first interview?

Not yet she said I'll be in the next couple days

• Advertisement

Not yet she said I'll be in the next couple days

I got a call 30 minutes after leaving the interview. Give them a bell tomorrow they will tell you. They tend to phone straight away if you are successful

Yeah ill finished it today at 16.00 and nothing since then I'll wait til tomorrow. Should I ring the English no???

ogillman wrote: »
    I got a call 30 minutes after leaving the interview. Give them a bell tomorrow they will tell you. They tend to phone straight away if you are successful

It was the English number that rang me to tell me I was successful. The guy told me that the interviewers have there mind made up at the end of the day sky are just slow at telling people. I'd say wait till about 4pm tomorrow then ring the Dublin office and see what they say. Best of luck

Thanx m8 hoping for the job would be sweet.
    Did u get the job??

Thanx m8 hoping for the job would be sweet.
    Did u get the job??

Nope man in for the second one Friday hoping I get it looks sweet. I was chatting to one of the interviewers and he said its a really chilled envoirment and a lot of incentives and all. Seems like a great place to work praying I get it, been unemployed for to long at this stage!

Nope man in for the second one Friday hoping I get it looks sweet. I was chatting to one of the interviewers and he said its a really chilled envoirment and a lot of incentives and all. Seems like a great place to work praying I get it, been unemployed for to long at this stage!

Good luck m8 maybe will work together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

It is :)

Got a call today that I was successful on first assessment second in couple of days. What can I expect on the second one anyone has any info I'll appreciate! !!!

Anyone any help please

• Advertisement

Anyone any help please

Are you in Friday at 2.30?

Advertisement