Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ryangiggs wrote: »
    Can someone please put up the shifts, and how many weekends do you work at month

Thanks

Shifts are subject to change and vary by department. As does the amount of weekends per roster. What someone puts up now could be completely different by the time their next roster is implemented

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ryangiggs

Roughly what is it for sales adviser....e.g 1 weekend a month 2 weekends a month

Ryangiggs wrote: »
    Roughly what is it for sales adviser....e.g 1 weekend a month 2 weekends a month

My new roster will be 3 weekends in 8. In retention

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueEyes7

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question for anybody working within the service advisor role in sky..Is there a chance to chase commision within the role and is the commision as decent as working in the sales advisor role?..and in general what is the service advisor role like...any feedback would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

Starting Monday looking forward to it :)

Anyone else starting Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

I work as an Attraction Sales Adviser and I average around 300 commission each month, many people earn more than myself too.

As far as I'm aware Service and Retention have a lot of great opportunities to earn as much or even more than Attraction. I wouldn't know 100% but from what I've heard the opportunity to make a lot of commission is good no matter what your department.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Hi I applied Monday for a job in sky. got an email that said they would be in touch.

Just curious as to how long you would be waiting to hear word back from them.

Thanks,

Anybody??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SonofAnarchy86

Hi
    I have an interview with sky soon can anyone who has been for interview pm me any tips please and could anyone who works in sky tell me how what is like to work for any info will be greatly appreciated
    thanks

• Advertisement

Hi
    I have an interview with sky soon can anyone who has been for interview pm me any tips please and could anyone who works in sky tell me how what is like to work for any info will be greatly appreciated
    thanks

when did u apply if you dont mind me asking. i applied last week. havent heard nothing from them

anyone else get word about passing online assessment??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kikimc

TheStig13 wrote: »
    anyone else get word about passing online assessment??

Yup I have an assessment on Wednesday! Fingers crossed! :)

Kikimc wrote: »

good luck with it. i got an email the other day sayin i passed the online assessment and they would be in touch. did u get word straight away about your assesment on Wednesday?

Kikimc wrote: »

good luck with it. i got an email the other day sayin i passed the online assessment and they would be in touch. did u get word straight away about your assesment on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kikimc

TheStig13 wrote: »

Cheers Thanks!!! :) yea I did the online assessment on Friday & got an email on Saturday about Wednesday. That's for a Sales Advisor........I did apply for other posts & heard nothing yet so maybe those take a bit more time?? I hope you hear from them soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Have an assessment for a sales advisor role next week

Can anyone PM me any hints and tips in regards to the interview questions and role play/scenario task?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Are these Sky jobs being advertised on jobs.ie?

Are these Sky jobs being advertised on jobs.ie?

Sometimes, best looking at workforsky.com for up to date stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Atticus_Finch

Hey Everybody

I have a second assesment coming up next week for the Sales Advisor Role. Could one of you lovely people PM me some info about it. Would really appreciate it. Thank You :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wils110 wrote: »
    Put the effort in you can throw an extra €400 on to your wages each month easy
    Frezzin wrote: »
    It's decent but by no means spectacular. But you don't work there for the money. It's for the benefits. 30 days holidays, free healthcare, free tv and bbt package, etc etc

Also it's for the culture and environment. Lots of support and development.

The website says 33 days but that includes the 9 public holdiays.
    22 seems fairly standard? 30 sounded pretty impressive. :p

Is there a difference in starting salary between the sales adviser and service adviser?

Soooo lads, sales advisor 1st assessment on Tuesday, please pm me any tips about the interview questions/role play

I'll be eternally grateful :)

Our Year wrote: »
    The website says 33 days but that includes the 9 public holdiays.
    22 seems fairly standard? 30 sounded pretty impressive. :p

Is there a difference in starting salary between the sales adviser and service adviser?

Nope, no difference in base salary

1st assessment for sales advisor tonight

Can anyone PLEASE pm me any information on this as I'm very nervous and know nothing of the process. ie possible question and is there a role play/mock call/presentation?

Thank you guys sooo much :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 mattaius

Hi guys,

Sounds like it could be fun working with Sky, a good environment, bit of banter, good fun and hard work!

I have an assessment coming up very very soon and I wondered if anybody could be specific; how long will the 2nd assessment day take?
    I ask because I have to fly over to England at 6pm on the same day as the second assessment, so I'll need to be at the airport for 5pm and I'm booked in for 2:30pm.

Of course this is down to being successful at the first round but I need to have a plan!

I'm going for the Sales Advisor Role - any additional information to help me with my expectations of both assessment rounds would be appreciated also, I've looked through this thread and can't find any specifics, just a lot of private messages being sent to people who ask!

Many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

mattaius wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sounds like it could be fun working with Sky, a good environment, bit of banter, good fun and hard work!

I have an assessment coming up very very soon and I wondered if anybody could be specific; how long will the 2nd assessment day take?
    I ask because I have to fly over to England at 6pm on the same day as the second assessment, so I'll need to be at the airport for 5pm and I'm booked in for 2:30pm.

Of course this is down to being successful at the first round but I need to have a plan!

I'm going for the Sales Advisor Role - any additional information to help me with my expectations of both assessment rounds would be appreciated also, I've looked through this thread and can't find any specifics, just a lot of private messages being sent to people who ask!

Many thanks!

I would advise that you request an earlier time for the second assessment.they are accommodating.
    The last thing you need is to be worried about times and flights while your doing the second assessment.best to tackle with a clear mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Governess

I applied and got reply to acknowledge application. I received a phone call the next day and conducted telephone interview which I passed.

I was all set for the 1st assessment but realised that the bus route I'm to take doesn't operate late evenings. Is there any way shifts can be adjusted or does everyone do the 7am-11pm rotation?

Also is there parking available and if so does anyone know how much this costs?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Governess wrote: »
    I applied and got reply to acknowledge application. I received a phone call the next day and conducted telephone interview which I passed.

I was all set for the 1st assessment but realised that the bus route I'm to take doesn't operate late evenings. Is there any way shifts can be adjusted or does everyone do the 7am-11pm rotation?

Also is there parking available and if so does anyone know how much this costs?

Any advice is much appreciated!

It's 8/8.30 -10 at the moment not 11, not to say that wont change, but everyone does that. There isn't any parking on-site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

You can rent a parking space around the area but it's expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 mattaius

I have rearranged my assessment days so it doesn't clash with my flight to England.

Can anyone please provide me with further info re the assessment and interview process?

Advertisement