Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

BigFool wrote: »
    Wils110 - where in my post did I complain about not getting money for bb?? Please get your facts right before replying.

You deleted the post....a half hour and I replied to myself page 103
    Anyone who reads this... This is the big fool,why would I comment twice in a row with nothing in between by you you big fool

Cheers to you guys backing me up..and before anyone says we're brainwashed or this and that ****..no were not were growing with a company new in the Irish market that changes all the time and is trying to find its feet...

So exploiter, the new incentives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Sfa part... what's that mean

Good to see your finally happy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exploiter

Wils110 wrote: »
    Sfa part... what's that mean

Good to see your finally happy

Yeah whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Wils110 wrote: »
    You deleted the post....a half hour and I replied to myself page 103
    Anyone who reads this... This is the big fool,why would I comment twice in a row with nothing in between by you you big fool

Cheers to you guys backing me up..and before anyone says we're brainwashed or this and that ****..no were not were growing with a company new in the Irish market that changes all the time and is trying to find its feet...

So exploiter, the new incentives?

Wils110 what post did I delete on 103? You seem to have some issues and cannot take negative feedback which is not a good trait. I am merely expressing my opinion and if brown noses like u want to lie about deleted posts to make yourself look better in your sad worthless life so be it! Sky seems to be your life - muppett....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Wils110, it takes serious effort to decipher your posts, your spelling and grammar is atrocious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Wils110, it takes serious effort to decipher your posts, your spelling and grammar is atrocious

Believe me, take one look at the customer notes on the average account and you'll see he's far from the worst. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Please stop the childishness everyone.\

No more name calling and definitely no more txtspk either. It hurts everyones brain.

Eoin wrote: »
    Please stop the childishness everyone.\

No more name calling and definitely no more txtspk either. It hurts everyones brain.

Now now wils110...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You lads are giving the general boards public are great view into Sky...

One tries ones best - believe in better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Reservations at Dorsia

Sky are EVIL

Sky are EVIL

Tut tut tut... Be careful... The sky loving moderators( most who work there) will pm u with a warning for expressing an opinion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tut tut tut... Be careful... The sky loving moderators( most who work there) will pm u with a warning for expressing an opinion!!

The funniest thing about that statement is that I don't even have a TV, much less Sky.

BigFool, fyi, you didn't just get PM'd a warning: it's gone on your infractions record, and is visible for any moderators of any boards.ie forum to see. You got it for explicitly ignoring a mod's instructions, not for expressing an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sky are EVIL

C'mon, give us a clue: is it the programs they show, the fact that they charge too much, or the great people (including some of your fellow boardsies) who they employ?

The funniest thing about that statement is that I don't even have a TV, much less Sky.

BigFool, fyi, you didn't just get PM'd a warning: it's gone on your infractions record, and is visible for any moderators of any boards.ie forum to see. You got it for explicitly ignoring a mod's instructions, not for expressing an opinion.

Sorry miss! I suppose it is detention for me!!

My final point on this forum...
    It is not sky tv I have an issue with.. I love my sky tv and would not change. My point is not about wages or incentives.

My point is that from my experience, management do not have a clue in retentions. I was unlucky and had a very very poor TL - everyone knows who so no names will be mentioned. Other TLs tried their best but with inadequate training for retentions their job is hard. I know sky are a start up but better planning was needed prior to launch...

Bye.....

C'mon, give us a clue: is it the programs they show, the fact that they charge too much, or the great people (including some of your fellow boardsies) who they employ?

I just have a pathological dislike for all Sky Sports News Presenters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueEyes7

Ive been following this thread for last couple of months as Im interested in the Sales advisor role jobs at sky call centre in Dublin...long story short...got an interview for job next month there but would love to get some feedback from people on this who have worked there already to know exactly what it like to work there??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Can anyone tell me the shift hours for the sales advisers jobs? Im not sure if its worth doing as am not sure if I could get there and home. Don't want to waste their or my time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I wonder out of interest are the dublin roles now being told not to be as agressive with retentions compared to when Abtran were doing it in Cork. Seems to be a world of difference in what you are being offered to stay with sky now since the new dublin office opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

BlueEyes7 wrote: »
    Ive been following this thread for last couple of months as Im interested in the Sales advisor role jobs at sky call centre in Dublin...long story short...got an interview for job next month there but would love to get some feedback from people on this who have worked there already to know exactly what it like to work there??

My partner's sister, and many others were just let go at the end of their three month probation. She was bullied twice by the floor manager and told she would be better off leaving, and then they let her go. Told her that being available to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays just was not flexible enough. Seems to be a very common tactic for large call centres these days.

• Advertisement

^^^^

Bad form if true.

A lot of negativity about Sky on here, but I guess theres no smoke without fire

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    My partner's sister, and many others were just let go at the end of their three month probation. She was bullied twice by the floor manager and told she would be better off leaving, and then they let her go. Told her that being available to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays just was not flexible enough. Seems to be a very common tactic for large call centres these days.

This is common place in Sky. If you are not hitting target or just not liked by your manager you are a gonner!! For example, only 3 from my team of 15 made permanent and the rest had probation extended! The 3 made permanent never opened their mouths about anything. My TL was a right c u next Tuesday!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Mr Heavy

This is common place in Sky. If you are not hitting target or just not liked by your manager you are a gonner!! For example, only 3 from my team of 15 made permanent and the rest had probation extended! The 3 made permanent never opened their mouths about anything. My TL was a right c u next Tuesday!!

Sounds like a disgusting place to work ! Rule Britannia !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 The Colour Of Money

Glad I didn't follow through with my application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Mr Heavy wrote: »
    Sounds like a disgusting place to work ! Rule Britannia !

+1, the oddball thing about Call Centres is their twin track strategy of Stasi like totalitarian micromanagement and this U.S High School happy clappy high fiveing 'we all love you and each other' B.S

They're created by c*nts, for c*nts, people who get on in them are c*nts as well

Go look for a real job if your're wondering about applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

tough working in them I probably expect so respect to those who do. But then thats the new Ireland were the IDA are probably paying the first 3 years salaries of each Sky employee and then Sky will say ah no actually we can be more efficent in Scotland and India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

This thread is being used in part for angry people to vent.

The validation of the angry/disgruntled people in this thread should not be just taken for granted.

There are always going to be angry/disgruntled people who want to tell everyone how angry/disgruntled they are, and that includes about their jobs.

It's highly unlikely that the perfectly happy employees are going to seek an outlet to talk about how happy they are in their jobs, hence why you're not hearing from them in this thread. And that could quite easily be 99.9% of the employees.

Don't be overly influenced by the screamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I'm assuming that the people who are talking like spoiled children in this thread have been long "relieved of their duties" at this stage.

• Advertisement

whirlpool wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the people who are talking like spoiled children in this thread have been long "relieved of their duties" at this stage.

Whirlpool - I hope you are not including me in your spoilt children quote??
    I am merely voicing my experience from working in Sky on a public forum. I do not appreciate your comments. My experience is that workers in sales are generally happy and workers in retention are not. Do you or have you worked for sky? If not please keep your view to yourself.

Advertisement