Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Wils110 wrote: »
    You work in retention u get commission for saving people from leaving not upgrading them(you left out the big night out btw for the save team with the most bb sales €1200 night out ..if you worked in sales upgrades and attraction you would get money for selling bb, your choice not to transfer ...€300-€500 lads hit that every month in sales. when I'm chatting to the lads in save there saying the same actually giving out cause of the tax they pay

Last week I had 128 incentive in a 5 day week.... Today 20 what's wrong with that

Wils u obviously love sky and the brand. The brainwashing training programme has worked on you!! For me it was not all about incentives/money. I looked for job satisfaction which seriously lacked in sky hence my leaving. You mention the team night out - yes a great incentive but when each TL registers a save differently to the next, it is difficult to take. No conformity across the floor just competition between certain TL's. yes the canteen is buzzing because people are not taking calls. From all your posts you are extremely biased so obviously a TL or hoping to become one. Can not knock sky tv as a product but they seriously need to improve staff morale.

You have also contradicted yourself Wils telling me I should of transferred to sales to make money etc.. Was the retention teams 1200 night out not for bb sales? I'm not the only big fool posting here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

BigFool wrote: »
    Wils u obviously love sky and the brand. The brainwashing training programme has worked on you!! For me it was not all about incentives/money. I looked for job satisfaction which seriously lacked in sky hence my leaving. You mention the team night out - yes a great incentive but when each TL registers a save differently to the next, it is difficult to take. No conformity across the floor just competition between certain TL's. yes the canteen is buzzing because people are not taking calls. From all your posts you are extremely biased so obviously a TL or hoping to become one. Can not knock sky tv as a product but they seriously need to improve staff morale.

You have also contradicted yourself Wils telling me I should of transferred to sales to make money etc.. Was the retention teams 1200 night out not for bb sales? I'm not the only big fool posting here!!

Your point was you didn't get anything for selling bb,so why do the sale and generate sky money...transfer it to the guys who make money from bb sales then ......you said incentives where poor but you got rewarded for selling bb..what about the iPads,play stations and the other stuff...

It just seems a couple of bitter guys in retention who ain't able for it moaning

Exploiter wrote: »
    Not to mention I was offered from the advert uncapped commission only to be told the top preformers will make a max of 20% (after the 'award winning traing)'on top of your basic. Would you care to refute that fact?? Regardless of added value.

So u can only earn 376 commission a month.

I am on uncapped commission and so are all my colleagues on the 4th floor.... I think you need someone to explain your incentive structure to you.. I don't think your to sharp

I ain't trying fool anyone I'm pointing out the facts there's a couple a lil bitches in retention trying make out somewhere is **** to work cause there not happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

There's some rubbish being put about in this thread.

Pay is reasonable, commission is uncapped, place is a bit disorganised to be fair but it's new and in the middle of a ramp up.

If you can't take a decent living out of this place then don't do sales, you're not cut out for it.

Colonial wrote: »
    Oh darling, what a load of rubbish.

Glad to see we agree.
    Commission managed to pay top performers 20% regardless of value is a fact. I exceeded plan by 15 to 20% and took home €1800. Tell us what you got and we'll do a like for like comparison. Are you telling us that on a month by month basis you know the commission structure a month in advance so you know what the company focus is. If you do your in a far more privileged position than my team. Ill pm you my email so we're all on the same song sheet because yoiu clearly have information in advance of our team. I'm only told what I get and what it's based in after I'm told what I got. I'm only an advisor what general position do you hold?

Typo central!!! Damn you iPhone! But your better that cordiant.

It's not a fact. I hold a similar position to you but in a different department, I and my colleagues, regularly exceed 20% of salary. Some people are earning up to 50% and in some cases slightly higher. If incentives can't tell you the commission structure, complain - we're briefed on ours regularly and kept up to date on performance.

You're actually beginning to sound more like someone who has a genuine gripe now, rather than a nut. I start to wonder when people dismiss anything positive said by others. #justsaying The place isn't perfect my any means but I've worked in a lot worse and few better tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oh and we have been complaining since the start, but we are told incentives is a "privilege" by management. This is quite frankly insulting.

I don't see how. You have a wage to do a job, anything else must surely be viewed as discretionary and that goes for the wider package not just incentives for selling or upgrading

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm not saying sky will or a person should accept it, but incentives/commission/bonus or whatever you want to call it must be viewed as not a guaranteed income, it it was your basic would be higher and incentives wouldn't be needed at all.

On you other points, I 100% get what you're saying

I am glad you seem to be realising that our complaints are justified.

Some of the complaints. A general slating of the entire business, however, is frankly idiotic - that comment is not directed at you specifically - frankly I don't know if you have, I've not read every wall of text you post to other people's comments. Your problem is that you're here posting over and over again looking like a rant/crusade and putting yourself across in the worst possible way in a public forum.

I'm not going to divulge details of how Sky's departments work in a public forum. That said if a customer want to know, I'm sure all they have to do is ring and ask. Let just say I have some knowledge of Sky and over fifteen years of sales experience. I can assure you, good sales people are never without work, even in the most dire of economic circumstances. If you don't like it, there are other jobs, if you can not find another job, it might be worth examining whether you need further development which would boost bonus payments made.

All that said lets return to your complaint and put aside the way you've chosen to deal with it. Have you spoken to your TL and what has been the response? Have you explained to your TL that you are unhappy with the response and that you wish to escalate the matter? What has been the reply if you've done that?

Exhausting that process have you raised a grievance?

I'm not asserting the place isn't disorganised, I've said as much. I am asserting that bonus is there to be earned, and for the most part people seem happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Wils110 wrote: »
    Your point was you didn't get anything for selling bb,so why do the sale and generate sky money...transfer it to the guys who make money from bb sales then ......you said incentives where poor but you got rewarded for selling bb..what about the iPads,play stations and the other stuff...

It just seems a couple of bitter guys in retention who ain't able for it moaning

Wils110 - where in my post did I complain about not getting money for bb?? Please get your facts right before replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LoveSpreads

If there is any chance anyone could give me any advice on the selection session. I'd really appreciate it got a call back from the first interview went well and was delighted. Would really like to get this job. Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exploiter

If there is any chance anyone could give me any advice on the selection session. I'd really appreciate it got a call back from the first interview went well and was delighted. Would really like to get this job. Cheers guys

From what I remember the process is not so much focused on your experience but more so on your attitude and how you can relate to customers.

My advise is to focus on times when you've demonstrated empathy, times where you went beyond simply giving a basic service. This is what they're looking for.

The process will allow you demonstrate these qualities so if these are things that come natural to you then your going to do fine. As I recall they want a short presentation and give good clear instructions on what they want you to demonstrate throughout. Listen and listen carefully because no matter what roll you go into listening is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LoveSpreads

From what I remember the process is not so much focused on your experience but more so on your attitude and how you can relate to customers.

My advise is to focus on times when you've demonstrated empathy, times where you went beyond simply giving a basic service. This is what they're looking for.

The process will allow you demonstrate these qualities so if these are things that come natural to you then your going to do fine. As I recall they want a short presentation and give good clear instructions on what they want you to demonstrate throughout. Listen and listen carefully because no matter what roll you go into listening is key.

Cheers appreciate the help was happy with how the 1st stage went so I'll be fully focused on this next stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 6 Feeble

Been offered a TL position in retention for €45,000. Is this in line with previous offers ?

No idea but it sounds like a great offer. I assume that's your max OTE?

No. Basic plus what ever I can do with commission

Feeble wrote: »
    No. Basic plus what ever I can do with commission

Wow!

Been offered a TL position in retention <Redacted>

I very much doubt you have been. If you're posting that here it shows exceptionally poor judgment that would be, hopefully, be picked up during the selection process. If you have somehow slipped through the net, and perhaps have just had a fit of stupidity I'd suggest editing your post. Mine has been edited accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Been offered a TL position in retention for €45,000. Is this in line with previous offers ?

45k basic for a call centre TL position is a great offer. I think the industry average would be between 25 and 35.

I very much doubt you have been. If you're posting that here it shows exceptionally poor judgment that would be, hopefully, be picked up during the selection process. If you have somehow slipped through the net, and perhaps have just had a fit of stupidity I'd suggest editing your post. Mine has been edited accordingly.

What are you on about ? I have extensive previous experience here and aboard as well as extensive qualifications. I will edit nothing

• Advertisement

What are you on about ? I have extensive previous experience here and aboard as well as extensive qualifications

During that extensive previous experience did any of your contracts include a clause about salary confidentiality? Now using your extensive qualifications and experience ponder why a business, in it's management roles, might want confidentiality about salaries.

If I wasn't convinced you were trolling I'd be bothered enough to forward this to the HR department. Please feel free to convince me you're not trolling I might become bothered enough.

There are about 5 TLs in retentions and 1 - 2 vacancies, Sherlock Holmes would not need to be called.

During that extensive previous experience did any of your contracts include a clause about salary confidentiality? Now using your extensive qualifications and experience ponder why a business, in it's management roles, might want confidentiality about salaries.

If I wasn't convinced you were trolling I'd be bothered enough to forward this to the HR department. Please feel free to convince me you're not trolling I might become bothered enough.

There are about 5 TLs in retentions and 1 - 2 vacancies, Sherlock Holmes would not need to be called.

Obviously you've been got on the cheap and are sore about it. From your reaction it would seem the 45k offer is indeed a good one

CMpunked wrote: »

Yeah I'll be at it, bringing my niece, a lot of companies have events in the same place they must make a fortune

CMpunked wrote: »

Can't say much more lest give away who I am :)

You know what I mean though, not many are going to bring the kids along to the pub - well unless they're over 18 and preferably hot, but perhaps I'm taking this a bit far!

You know what I mean though, not many are going to bring the kids along to the pub - well unless they're over 18 and preferably hot, but perhaps I'm taking this a bit far!

Could have been worse could have said hot and preferably over 18. :pac:

• Advertisement

Hold the phone people!! New incentive plan rolled out today looks very very promising.

Advertisement