Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

BigFool wrote: »
    Whirlpool - I hope you are not including me in your spoilt children quote??
    I am merely voicing my experience from working in Sky on a public forum. I do not appreciate your comments. My experience is that workers in sales are generally happy and workers in retention are not. Do you or have you worked for sky? If not please keep your view to yourself.

People in retention might be happier since you left due to a few changes :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Colonial wrote: »
    People in retention might be happier since you left due to a few changes :cool:

Not the ones I speak to. U are obviously another sky lover. Anyway as I have stated before I am merely expressing my opinion but any negative comments seem to be disliked by folk like u. Public forum my arse... Full of dicks like u who cannot accept any negative feedback.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Not the ones I speak to. U are obviously another sky lover. Anyway as I have stated before I am merely expressing my opinion but any negative comments seem to be disliked by folk like u. Public forum my arse... Full of dicks like u who cannot accept any negative feedback.

Banned for 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Whirlpool - I hope you are not including me in your spoilt children quote??
    I am merely voicing my experience from working in Sky on a public forum. I do not appreciate your comments. My experience is that workers in sales are generally happy and workers in retention are not. Do you or have you worked for sky? If not please keep your view to yourself.

It's time to let it go. You feel you had a bad experience. You've voiced your opinions. Now accept it, learn from it and move on, like a grown adult. Life is not here to be wonderful and perfect for you. You're not entitled to a perfect life. Nobody is. Sh*t evens; even to you. Shock horror. End of story. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Walter_White

Hey,

I recently found this thread and decided to sign up to boards.ie because last week I done the first assessment in Ballsbridge and I got a email saying I was successful and they invited me back for the 2nd assessment which will involve an individual exercise and a group exercise. Can anybody pm me with any tips for this or tell me what the 2nd assessment will involve? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hey,

I recently found this thread and decided to sign up to boards.ie because last week I done the first assessment in Ballsbridge and I got a email saying I was successful and they invited me back for the 2nd assessment which will involve an individual exercise and a group exercise. Can anybody pm me with any tips for this or tell me what the 2nd assessment will involve? Thanks.

Its manly about role play. Easier than the first :)

Colonial wrote: »
    Its manly about role play. Easier than the first :)

Thanks I was hoping because the first one was more of a grilling session then anything else ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

What's the money like in Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 redpearl123

Hi guys,

I have my first assessment for the service advisor role in 2 days im just wondering anyone have any tips r hints about the assessments. cheers

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Frezzin

What's the money like in Sky?

It's decent but by no means spectacular. But you don't work there for the money. It's for the benefits. 30 days holidays, free healthcare, free tv and bbt package, etc etc

Also it's for the culture and environment. Lots of support and development.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Hi guys,

I have my first assessment for the service advisor role in 2 days im just wondering anyone have any tips r hints about the assessments. cheers

:)

Go back to page 14, it's where alot of the interview chat starts to be honest

Frezzin wrote: »
    It's decent but by no means spectacular. But you don't work there for the money. It's for the benefits. 30 days holidays, free healthcare, free tv and bbt package, etc etc

Put the effort in you can throw an extra €400 on to your wages each month easy

Wils110 wrote: »
    Put the effort in you can throw an extra €400 on to your wages each month easy

Is it paid by the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Frezzin wrote: »

It sounds a good benefits package but the most important thing for most workers- in my opinion/experience - is the amount they get in their net pay every month.

I don't know what the salary is in Sky for these types of roles but if someone does I would suggest to post it. 'Decent' has a different meaning for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Is it paid by the week?

Nope, monthly. With incentives being paid 1 month in arrears. i.e. On the 27th of August, I got paid my incentives for July

Is it paid by the week?

27th of each month

Wils110 wrote: »
    27th of each month

The fact that it pays by the month really puts me off accepting the offer. I currently get paid every two weeks and that's bad enough as it is as bills come out every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Absentee Landlord

Are they still recruiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>

• Registered Users Posts: 18 constant cravings

Heya,

Sky are recruiting again for sales & service it would seem. I'm booked in for 3 weeks for stage two - so fingers crossed I get to that stage and the dont fill all the places before then. I was offered a role before but unable to take it up due to circumstances, so am hopeful this time I will be successful again as I genuinely get a great vibe from the company and from the posts on here, even with some of the negative people - you can't please all of the people all of the time ! But to me, it seems a fantastic place with some very passionate people working for them.

Plus, as a sky customer myself having rang them a number of times over the past few months the service was brill and the people i spoke with genuinely sounded upbeat and cheerful which is great.

Good luck to those to apply - hopefully the thread can get back on track ;)

Regards

• Advertisement

Heya,

Sky are recruiting again for sales & service it would seem. I'm booked in for 3 weeks for stage two - so fingers crossed I get to that stage and the dont fill all the places before then. I was offered a role before but unable to take it up due to circumstances, so am hopeful this time I will be successful again as I genuinely get a great vibe from the company and from the posts on here, even with some of the negative people - you can't please all of the people all of the time ! But to me, it seems a fantastic place with some very passionate people working for them.

Plus, as a sky customer myself having rang them a number of times over the past few months the service was brill and the people i spoke with genuinely sounded upbeat and cheerful which is great.

Good luck to those to apply - hopefully the thread can get back on track ;)

Regards

Have to say, its a sound place to work! Good luck with the interview, episode two is easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 constant cravings

Cheers mate, yea I have done episode 2 before...... so fingers crossed this time it all goes well again !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ryangiggs

Hi.

I completed my second interview with sky on Saturday, when i arrived home i received an email saying i was successful :)

My start date is on November 11th

Just a few questions....Is their much opportunity to swap shifts with fellow colleagues see I play soccer to a decent standard and my matches are sunday or saturday nights?

Also what does the pay work out weekly after tax etc.

Thanks for your help guys

Ryangiggs wrote: »
    Hi.

I completed my second interview with sky on Saturday, when i arrived home i received an email saying i was successful :)

My start date is on November 11th

Just a few questions....Is their much opportunity to swap shifts with fellow colleagues see I play soccer to a decent standard and my matches are sunday or saturday nights?

Also what does the pay work out weekly after tax etc.

Thanks for your help guys

They're usually pretty accomodating re shift swaps. The pay is monthly and it varies depending on additional payments and your own tax situation. Gross pay is around €22k per annum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Where can I apply, 6 months out of work, die ing for a job.

Where can I apply, 6 months out of work, die ing for a job.

www.workforsky.com , Any available positions will be posted there

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

Just completed my application im a bit worried now about the interview process seems a bit hard judging by all the posts in this thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 myfriendtom

Does anyone know the shift patterns for Sales advisors and retention?
    Also what's the story with weekends, do you work one every few weeks or is it mainly weekends worked with midweek days off?
    I want to find out a bit more before I go in for interview!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    They're usually pretty accomodating re shift swaps. The pay is monthly and it varies depending on additional payments and your own tax situation. Gross pay is around €22k per annum

As long as you can agree a shift swap with someone your fine but don't know how easy that will be every week , but if your expecting Sky themselves to accommodate your shifts you can forget about it , they were a little more relaxed at the beginning and in service now if you need a half an hour off early , they won't do anything for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ryangiggs

Can someone please put up the shifts, and how many weekends do you work at month

Thanks

Advertisement