Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dani2411

Hi I have my open evening tomorrow and start monday too , I am just wondering what buses from the city centre stop close to the building :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 friendlybee

Dani2411 wrote: »
    Hi I have my open evening tomorrow and start monday too , I am just wondering what buses from the city centre stop close to the building :) ?

Hi. Try checking under www.dublinbus.ie under route planner and get off either upper baggot street or Burlington road. I think it's bus 27/38. Hope it helps a little

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dani2411

Hiya Cheers And do you know the times of the opening evening i wrote them down but lost it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Hiya Cheers And do you know the times of the opening evening i wrote them down but lost it :(

It's starting at 6 , just go to reception and someone will meet us there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Leo 86

Hi guys. I just had my first round of interviews for service advisor and tomorrow I have my second round. I have a few questions and was hoping somebody would be able to help. I checked through the first fifty pages of this board but didn't find the answers I was looking for so I thought I'd ask myself.

Firstly is there anything in particular I should do to prepare for the role-play?

Do service providers make calls to sell packages or do we just receive calls to help customers resolve queries and issues? Also are there any quotas that should be reached and what happens if you don't reach them?

I was also told that I would 2 days off each week but I read somewhere that they had to work some 7 day shifts. Can someone confirm this?

Are we expected to do much overtime and are we given days off in lieu?

And finally I have heard some really positive things about working for sky. Is it really as good as people say it is or does anybody have any reservations? From what I've heard I expect I'll be happy at sky if I'm accepted but I would like to hear people's opinions before and if I'm accepted. Of course you can pm me and naturally I won't publicize any responses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Service can do sales through service generally boxes and upgrades,a sky week starts Friday so your working 5 days of last week and mon,tues,wed,thursfri,sat,sun,wed,thurs,.....overtime they just ask if your available no buggy if you can't......sky layit on the table from the start their will be change that could come out of no where but its the call centre way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Leo 86 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I just had my first round of interviews for service advisor and tomorrow I have my second round. I have a few questions and was hoping somebody would be able to help. I checked through the first fifty pages of this board but didn't find the answers I was looking for so I thought I'd ask myself.

Sure fire away :D
    Firstly is there anything in particular I should do to prepare for the role-play?

IMHO be yourself - they have definitive parameters they are looking for - and they are generally a particular personality type. Helpful, enthusiastic, positive and enthusiastic. If you aren't genuinely these things it's pointless to fake as you'll hate the job.
    Do service providers make calls to sell packages or do we just receive calls to help customers resolve queries and issues? Also are there any quotas that should be reached and what happens if you don't reach them?

You don't do sales, that's sales funnily enough. You're measured on how happy the customer is with your service through a survey that's sent out to them.
    I was also told that I would 2 days off each week but I read somewhere that they had to work some 7 day shifts. Can someone confirm this?

Yes but you then work a shorter week at some point.
    Are we expected to do much overtime and are we given days off in lieu?

No to OT and Yes to time back if you do - AFAIK
    And finally I have heard some really positive things about working for sky. Is it really as good as people say it is or does anybody have any reservations? From what I've heard I expect I'll be happy at sky if I'm accepted but I would like to hear people's opinions before and if I'm accepted. Of course you can pm me and naturally I won't publicize any responses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

They really are pretty good to work for. You just have to be prepared for the fact that it's pretty new and ramping up. Things change suddenly and they are learning how it all fits together.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Niall1992

Hi guys, just got a call to say I'm through to the first round of interviews and assessments next Wednesday. It's for the service provider position. Can anyone pm me on what to expect? I want to be prepared! Thanks! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Football Manager

Hi guys

I have an assessment too on Wednesday, if anyone would be so kind as to pm what to expect/interview questions

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MrBond

I'm just after applying Saturday how long does it take for them to get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ilanda

Had round now invited for round two now. Interview in my opinion is more to do with you and wether you have personally traits that would suit customer service. Also questions such as 'describe a situation when you showed you understood someone else's point of view' I was also asked what I'd found out about sky from research, so worth your while to do some research. Know why you want to join them and why you think you are a fit. Be yourself though it all. Good luck.

My round one is tomorrow but they rang to re-schedule until next Monday. Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 snobs60

Hi I just had my selection session assessment today. I was wondering what happens next?? They said they would send me an e-mail within the next 2 to 3 days about stage 2. I was wondering if you get to stage 2 have you got the job ??

Can anyone help??????

snobs60 wrote: »
    Hi I just had my selection session assessment today. I was wondering what happens next?? They said they would send me an e-mail within the next 2 to 3 days about stage 2. I was wondering if you get to stage 2 have you got the job ??

Can anyone help??????

Stage two is simply part of the process. Expect more of the same from assessment 1 and a mock call experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 friendlybee

Anyone starting work on 10th June??

Stage two is simply part of the process. Expect more of the same from assessment 1 and a mock call experience.
    I just got a call to come back tomorrow for stage 2. They said i will be doing a practice call and working in a group.

any tips???

Be yourself, relax into it. If you do mange to fake the interview process you'll just end up failing probation. Sky have excellent customer service on the whole so bear that in mind.

Be yourself, relax into it. If you do mange to fake the interview process you'll just end up failing probation. Sky have excellent customer service on the whole so bear that in mind.
    Thanks alot for your help hopefully it goes well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Hello Sky hopefuls...
    My identity will be blown now with this post...
    Having worked for Sky since feb and recently left, I have to say its certainly not the bees knees.. Unless u are a total lick a#r* and like last minute change then this is not for you. Saying that, the majority of TLs are cool apart from one <snip>.... Your choice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

BigFool wrote: »
    My identity will be blown now with this post...

It already was :D Best of luck mate

If i got the job I will be moving to Dublin, quite a distance! Would it be worth my time? Not looking good from the recent posts!

Niall1992 wrote: »
    If i got the job I will be moving to Dublin, quite a distance! Would it be worth my time? Not looking good from the recent posts!

Depending what ur situation is nialler it's totally up to you. A jobs a job at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

What is the starting salary for these roles?

Niall1992 wrote: »

What one p!ssed of person? No I'd say it's not worth your time if you are so easily lead. Try it out and see if you like it - crash somewhere for a while.

The place is in the middle of a ramp up and things are changing quickly. Mistakes are certainly being made but the business is still new. Frankly more thought could go into things and there could be less last second change but then again I prefer that to continuing to do things the wrong way.

What one p!ssed of person? No I'd say it's not worth your time if you are so easily lead. Try it out and see if you like it - crash somewhere for a while.

The place is in the middle of a ramp up and things are changing quickly. Mistakes are certainly being made but the business is still new. Frankly more thought could go into things and there could be less last second change but then again I prefer that to continuing to do things the wrong way.

I'm well able to make my own decisions, however the money I'd have to put in to set up would be a lot!

No harm in questioning why he didn't enjoy working there?

Excuse me ms lowkeyreturn... Are u currently a sky employee? When did u start?

How are they for checking references? 3 of mine will be fine but my most recent one probably won't be the most glowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

How are they for checking references? 3 of mine will be fine but my most recent one probably won't be the most glowing

They use a background check company, they are thorough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah it's pretty thorough tbh, however once you didn't blow up the building you'll be five presuming everything else checks out

Advertisement