Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

upc are an absolute joke!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

OK Guys, may sound like a stupid question but here goes :

What stations have a player/on demand facility and what station are all the boxsets on?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

coldfire1x wrote: »
    In Dublin 8.

I am getting menu and everything. RTE player, box sets etc are visible.

When I select something on player or box sets and try to play - it's still saying something like - not yet available, contact UPC.

Anyone else have the same issue where menu is accessible but cant play anything???

Go to test channel 750 and press Red button to see if it passes .. I may be local network issue ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

bob11 wrote: »
    Go to test channel 750 and press Red button to see if it passes .. I may be local network issue ..

Tried that, it passes all tests. Not sure what the problem is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Flip Flop wrote: »
    I'm in Monkstown in South County Dublin. I didn't get any letter yesterday and sure enough I don't have On Demand this morning. I'm getting the red button prompt on RTE 1 and 2, TV3 and MGM Movies, but when I click the button it still says "Service not Available". I'm getting a UPC On Demand button on the Menu screen but when I press it the same message comes up. The UPC On Demand channel is appearing at 119 but it says "You are not subscribed to this channel". It appears that people's original assumption was right and not everybody in Dublin will get this service today and I appear to be one of the unlucky ones who don't have it yet. Very jealous of those of you who have it. Enjoy it though!

You won't like me so. I'm living up around the Abbey Road area and I noticed it on my stb this morning.

To be honest I had no idea that UPC were even launching this service. I had a quick look at some of the RTE Player and 3 Player content and I have to say the quality of the video is far superior to that of the in browser equivilents.

The missus will like that she can just catch up with Coronation St / Eastenders / X Factor or whatever now when she forgets to record it.

I doubt I'll be renting anything from it though as you get charged per rental as opposed to a once off via like Netflix.

I don't think I'll be cancelling my Netflix sub any time soon especially as I have access to the US catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Thanks Dodge

Our new On Demand service went live this morning. RTE Player and 3player will be updating daily of course and over the next few days lots more TV Box sets will be added to the service

Enjoy!

Regards

Jason
    Dodge wrote: »
    Working in D22 non HD area

25 TV shows in the box set. OK start but will need to increase

RTE Player seems to the one the use on iPhone/iPad app (ie doesn't include sport and many others) which is disappointing

Disney player is a big plus in our house

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Alan70 wrote: »
    Good start upc. Box sets are free?
    Yes, box sets are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi all

Just to clarify the availability queries.

We have stated publicly that one third of homes in dublin will get the on demand service today and have written directly to them. As the service expands we will include customers in this communication also.

Thanks

Jason Campbell

Ahhh I didn't realise that the TV box sets were free I had assumed that they were rental too.

That's not so bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Like many here, had a look before work this morning (was so excited, ran down to the TV before I had my shower!)

Had a quick flick around, and it looks good so far - however major stumbling block is that when I try to play an episode of a TV series I get a "Not subscribed" error. I'm on Digitial +, and got the letter telling me that I would have UPC on demand today?!

Was a small bit let down that every movie incurs an additional cost - I presumed from the PR (may have been my incorrect reading) that only the new releases would cost extra.

Overall, playing issues aside, it has the potential to be a fantastic service - but content, as always, is king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

i have 2 HD boxes but can only use on demand on 1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Something about it on their website at last...

http://www.upc.ie/on_demand_tv/

Try powercycling the one that doesn't seem to have it yet. There's a chance that it hasn't received the updated software.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dave mcdave

Dodge wrote: »
    Working in D22 non HD area

25 TV shows in the box set. OK start but will need to increase

RTE Player seems to the one the use on iPhone/iPad app (ie doesn't include sport and many others) which is disappointing

Disney player is a big plus in our house

where abouts? i am in cherrywood and its not working. can get the rte player up from the on demand channel but when i try to play it says it can't play it at this time. can't get any other menu up.

how to powercycle upc boxTry powercycling the one that doesn't seem to have it yet. There's a chance that it hasn't received the updated software.[/QUOTE]

how do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi all

We have stated publicly that one third of homes in dublin will get the on demand service today and have written directly to them. As the service expands we will include customers in this communication also.

Thanks

Jason Campbell

Need a quick clarification. I am on €66 bundle which includes Digital Select Extra & Digital+

I have got the letter and when I click on demand button I can see all the menu and choices available. I can scroll through rte player list etc as well.

.... BUT when I try to play anything it says something like, not subscribed and not available etc, contact UPC.

Do I need to call customer care? Is this a known issue. Dont really want to call customer care and hold for half and hour before I talk to anyone.

It will be helpful if you can let me know if this is known issue and it will be sorted automatically.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks

Jason Campbell

I still think a better way would have been to list the areas on the website. The post isn't always reliable!

And if you didn't get a letter it's in the back of your head that maybe the postie didn't deliver it or it got lost so there's some doubt so you're left checking yourself

For future releases, can I suggest using the website? It is 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭glennryan

macker22 wrote: »
    i have 2 HD boxes but can only use on demand on 1

I have 2 boxes too... working fine
    go to page 750 and do test page , when finished test press "on demand" button

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Need a quick clarification. I am on €66 bundle which includes Digital Select Extra & Digital+

I have got the letter and when I click on demand button I can see all the menu and choices available. I can scroll through rte player list etc as well.

.... BUT when I try to play anything it says something like, not subscribed and not available etc, contact UPC.

Do I need to call customer care? Is this a known issue. Dont really want to call customer care and hold for half and hour before I talk to anyone.

It will be helpful if you can let me know if this is known issue and it will be sorted automatically.

Thanks

In same situation myself, as I posted on previous page!

Just imagine how much better it would have been had they included the areas that would/wouldn't be getting it in their press release and in all the media coverage.

Instead of having people checking for letters with pizza vouchers and having to check themselves the morning of the launch. The website still only has the original press release. Who does the PR for this lot?

I hope youre reading this Jason! Any chance at this stage of letting us know which areas have/have not got it? Thought not.

According to the press release if you don't have it today you won't have it till August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Got it today in Templeogue. Looks ok. One thing I was looking for on the rte player was last mondays episode of Blue Bloods but it wasn't there. Anyone know if it won't have the US shows? I realise Blue Bloods is on the on demand section but its a series behind

hada wrote: »
    Like many here, had a look before work this morning (was so excited, ran down to the TV before I had my shower!)

Had a quick flick around, and it looks good so far - however major stumbling block is that when I try to play an episode of a TV series I get a "Not subscribed" error. I'm on Digitial +, and got the letter telling me that I would have UPC on demand today?!

Was a small bit let down that every movie incurs an additional cost - I presumed from the PR (may have been my incorrect reading) that only the new releases would cost extra.

Overall, playing issues aside, it has the potential to be a fantastic service - but content, as always, is king.

Some of the TV stuff might be limited depending on your TV package - basic, select or max.
    Yes all movies are paid for. Ranging from 1.99 to 5.99

how to powercycle upc boxTry powercycling the one that doesn't seem to have it yet. There's a chance that it hasn't received the updated software.

how do you do that?[/QUOTE]

Got it today in Templeogue. Looks ok. One thing I was looking for on the rte player was last mondays episode of Blue Bloods but it wasn't there. Anyone know if it won't have the US shows? I realise Blue Bloods is on the on demand section but its a series behind

According to their website : http://www.upc.ie/on_demand_tv/TV_Player/

Desperate Housewives should be available, but I can't see it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Eamo71 wrote: »

According to the press release if you don't have it today you won't have it till August.

And I'd say those of us who get it then will be informed by carrier pigeon or some other modern method of communication.

I can imagine the UPC board thinking, "nah lets not use that Internet thingy to inform people. That's only a fad. Let's use the old trusted carrier pigeon for our communications"

Thanks

go onto twitter and follow @upc_helps_you_ie ask them the question there.

Thanks

From the website Digital Select Extra + should have access to all options:

http://www.upc.ie/television/

•UPC On Demand (all)

Only the Value + subsciption has limited access to player only :

•UPC On Demand (TV Player only)

Achilles wrote: »
    how do you do that?

[/QUOTE]

yea tried that. its now saying it is a in house connection problem :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

I didnt get the letter was there a free pizza :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

recyclops wrote: »
    I didnt get the letter was there a free pizza :eek:

Nah...€5 off a pizza if the order was over €25. Meh.

Working fully in D8 (off Cork Street) :).

Advertisement