Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

trackerman wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a sutiable table mounted bracket for these panels?
    The supplied stand is "ok" but I'd like to get a better adjustable mount for it.

Cheers...

yeah im curiousa bout that too

im not exactly gentle with my desks.. something sturdy would be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Hey all,

Hoping to buy three of these monitors. Anyone here tell me the cheapest place to get three of these with perfect pixel. Don't really care about other details like stands and stuff, as long as I can get to the vesa mounts(don't mind opening them) then it's fine, but may just leave them on the stands anyway. I think the catleaps are best for triple monitor setup as the bezels look thinner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I pulled the trigger on a Catleap from green Sum yesterday. €244~

Wish me luck :D

(I'll update the spreadsheet later, blocked in work)

Hey All,

Just taught I would mention this,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-003-DG

The DGM's seems like an amazing choice. No chance of dead pixels and if there is one, overclockers will replace it. Also it has DVI, VGA, HDMI and display port. That a lone makes it work it.

Also, Nicer stand, VESA Mounts.

I may be buying three of theses. Also like the idea they are coming from the UK as well, easier to ship back if there is issues and of course no customs.

What do you all think.

do I pay the DHL guy the customs charge? just got a text saying I can pay by debit/credit card, but I oinly have cash on me atm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thor wrote: »
    Hey All,

Just taught I would mention this,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-003-DG

The DGM's seems like an amazing choice. No chance of dead pixels and if there is one, overclockers will replace it. Also it has DVI, VGA, HDMI and display port. That a lone makes it work it.

Also, Nicer stand, VESA Mounts.

I may be buying three of theses. Also like the idea they are coming from the UK as well, easier to ship back if there is issues and of course no customs.

What do you all think.

Where do you see that?

This is from their support page:
    TVs and Monitors. If your query relates to a Television or Monitor, specifically in relation to dead pixels, please be aware that all of Overclockers’ Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard – the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing “ISO 13406-2” and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return

There is versions of these cheap monitors with more inputs too

Where do you see that?

This is from their support page:

There is versions of these cheap monitors with more inputs too

It's mainly the three year warranty and the fact they are in the UK which makes it easier as well. The extra connections are just a bonus.

The mention on the dead pixels is in their forum where they announced the product being for sale on overclockers.

Here is a link.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18417984

Post 8

So to be honest, the fact they will replace it for even 1 dead pixel and it's not to much hassle shipping it over to them for the replacement should there be an issues is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

It's mainly the three year warranty and the fact they are in the UK which makes it easier as well. The extra connections are just a bonus.

The mention on the dead pixels is in their forum where they announced the product being for sale on overclockers.

Here is a link.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18417984

Post 8

So to be honest, the fact they will replace it for even 1 dead pixel and it's not to much hassle shipping it over to them for the replacement should there be an issues is fantastic.
    its not quite a no dead pixel guarantee but

" To clarify, we operate dead pixel no issue guarantee only on Samsung and iiyama monitors, nowhere does this.

On any other manufacturer, well just send back to us within 14 days under DSR."

doesn't dsr mean you have to pay for postage though?

also, that's a pre order price of €400 + delivery, and they don't actually know when stock will come in.

you're paying over €100 for peace of mind, but as has been seen here, chances of getting a dud is very low. 1 person got bad bleed, and another got a very faulty screen.

peace of mind isn't to be sneezed at though, if you can afford it it's probably worth the extra to know you can just ship it over to "them across the water" rather than korea

some of AW's perfect pixel screens are around the same price as well and he offers a similar service w/ free delivery on them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

do I pay the DHL guy the customs charge? just got a text saying I can pay by debit/credit card, but I oinly have cash on me atm...

Every time I got something from DHL, they took cash no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Overclockers.uk don't ship to Ireland, and warranty is UK only.

Overclockers.uk don't ship to Ireland, and warranty is UK only.

I have personally bought from overclockers.co.uk and their warranty is valid everywhere assuming you ship it back to them.

Just for extra confirmation that they do ship to here, also anywhere in Europe too.

15fgp42.jpg

omfg

this thing is huge

im gona to need a new desk as well.. no way I can game with this 2 feet from my face :D

no dead pixels going by the pixel test that was posted earlier, when it gets darker I'll check out the light bleed but I can't notice anything atm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

omfg

this thing is huge

im gona to need a new desk as well.. no way I can game with this 2 feet from my face :D

no dead pixels going by the pixel test that was posted earlier, when it gets darker I'll check out the light bleed but I can't notice anything atm

how much customs charges did you have to pay?

just noticed a tiny bit of light bleed in the bottom right corner doesnt bother me at all

this thing is seriously reflective, screen went black while loading stalker and I could have shaved using it. gona be an adjustment after using mattes for so long

I have personally bought from overclockers.co.uk and their warranty is valid everywhere assuming you ship it back to them.

Just for extra confirmation that they do ship to here, also anywhere in Europe too.

15fgp42.jpg

Well all I can tell you is that I emailed them last week and was told sorry but no.
    I was asking about the Hazro high res IPS monitor.

Well all I can tell you is that I emailed them last week and was told sorry but no.
    I was asking about the Hazro high res IPS monitor.

Ah, whoever answered your email was probably new or something, they definitely do ship to Ireland and the warranty definitely stands over here as well.

this monitor is too good...
    want to watch some starcraft, but im watching it on my ****ty 19" because the 1440p wallpapers I dl'd last night look so pretty

Ah, whoever answered your email was probably new or something, they definitely do ship to Ireland and the warranty definitely stands over here as well.

Funny you should say it was a new person, the reply said "I have checked with my collogues and I am sorry to tell you that we do not ship monitors to Ireland due to the risk of damage."

this monitor is too good...
    want to watch some starcraft, but im watching it on my ****ty 19" because the 1440p wallpapers I dl'd last night look so pretty

I know what you mean, it's like the car commercial where the guy is looking for any excuse to use his new car... I've been mainly surfing for high res images that really make the screen POP!

Nobody should consider a TN panel until they have tried one of these, it's a completely different PC experience.

• Advertisement

yeah it's incredible

even something simple like the sc2 stream im watching.. if I move it between my two screens it's night and day.

the stand is fine too, body of the monitor is nice.. it's just about a perfect purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

My second screen is a Dell Professional series, and its white looks grey next to the Catleap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

So, any consensus on the best place to buy one of these puppies?

Work have told me I have a hardware budget, and I'll definitely get one of these to go with my new MacBook Air if it's not too complicated an ordering process.

it depends what you want

are you ok with just one dvi input? or do you want dual dvi, hdmi, usb etc etc
    as the multi input ones tend to cost a bit more

are you ok with a couple of dead pixels? chances are you might get a small amount. some sellers advertise "perfect pixel" versions.. but im not sure if they actually mean 0 dead pixels, it might even vary from seller to seller you'd have to look for the small print on the ad. i *think* the one I ordered (potalion from bigclothcraft) was advertised as 0 dead pixels and that is what I got but in general anything under 5 dead or stuck pixels is considered standard and they wont accept a return.

some sellers will replace a bad screen (faulty or more than 5 dead/stuck pixels) if you pay shipping back to korea, some will pay shipping within the first 30 days and i think accesorieswhole has a much longer faulty monitor free shipping deal but I dont really remember anymore you';d have to check his ebay store for details

the main differences between the various brands are the stands. the crossover has the best stand out of the lot apparently, it's metal rather than plastic so a bit sturdier. then you have different models that may or may not tilt or may or may not pivot.

*shrug*

what you after :)

I got the *perfect pixel* potalion 2710qw
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/140763389829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

from bigclothcraft . it had 0 dead pixels, very minimal backlight bleeding and is overall ****ing amazing. your mileage may vary though but from what I can remember bigclothcraft has a 30 day returns policy for over 5 dead pixels or a faulty screen where they will cover the cost of the shipping back to korea. dont take my word on any of this though, read through the listings carefully to make sure.

bigclothcraft,accessorieswhole and green-sum seem to be the most well regarded but i dont know if any of the sellers are regarded poorly tbh.. out of them all I think accessorieswhole has the best returns policy if you're worried about that and don't mind paying a little extra for it.

I got the *perfect pixel* potalion 2710qw
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/140763389829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

from bigclothcraft .

Ditto, I'm using one of these and it's flawless...

I even got my 8800 GTX to run Modern Warfare at 2560x1400 without any lag.
    Seriously, it runs smooth as glass, and it looks simply amazing!
    The detail has to be seen in real life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

it depends what you want ...

I want a few inputs (DVI, HDMI, etc) and definitely no dead pixels. The stand doesn't matter. So what is the best place to buy?

Are these available from any bricks and mortar shops on Ireland? Or the UK? It will be hard to convince work to buy from eBay ...

Are these all different versions of the Yamakasi catleap screens? Are these the guys who make screens for the Apple cinema display? Is this why there is a big deal about these monitors?

Thanks in advance for the answers :)

the screens are the same as the ones in the apple cinema display yeah

the catleap is just the korean model that came to prominence first, the rest are all the same idea just differing build quality afaik

afaik no they can't be bought in store outside of korea

the problem with going multiple input AND perfect pixel is that will ratchet the price up

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-MULTI-27-LED-2560X1440-LG-S-IPS-Monitor-Perfect-Pixel-/110906313847?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d2880c77

400 odd euro for that one
    No Dead pixel, No Stuck pixel guaranteed!

so apparently for their perfect pixel monitors they do guarantee 0 dead/stuck pixels

you'd be best off emailing them to ask about what needs to happen in case of returns

i cant find any other perfect pixel multis but you're best off just having a look through ebay and seeing what you see, make sure you have a look/email about their pixel policy and returns as well.

now that it's dark i decided to check my screen for backlight bleed

little bit on the bottom and the top

not huge amounts but kinda small semi circles near the middles of the top/bottom.

i cant think really when I'd have perfectly black backgrounds on my screen so I'm not all that bothered by it.. maybe I might take a screwdriver and loosen some of the screws at the back like someone else suggested but I doubt it

--edit
    i turned the backlight down on the monitor and fiddled with contrast/brightness in my gfx card controls.. seems to have done the trick.
    still some light bleeding at the bottom middle but the top has largely cleared up and the bottom is quite a bit improved.

I'll probably keep fiddling at it for a while yet, trying to figure out the best settings

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where would one order if they wanted one of those 120hz OCed ones? linklink! Probably cant get one for ageeees though. I really want an IPS and I cant go back under 120hz, does it cost much more?

damn you for getting me back in here digby! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ToadVine wrote: »
    So, any consensus on the best place to buy one of these puppies?

Work have told me I have a hardware budget, and I'll definitely get one of these to go with my new MacBook Air if it's not too complicated an ordering process.

I don't think you can run one of these from a macbook air though

Advertisement