Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I got a *pixel perfect* potalion from bigclothcraft and it came as such, i think accessorieswhole does a similar offer

best to email them to make sure it does mean 0 dead pixels though, I paid the premium to get as few as possible dead ones.. was hoping for 0 and I got 0 but wasn't really expecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

I got a PP one also from BCC, and can confirm it's 100% perfect, not a single one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

My White Catleap fron BCC has cleared customs and set to be delivered by DHL on Mon. Thought I could collect from depot today but apparently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Can anyone tell me why this monitor is almost 120 dollars more than this one?

the crossovers have metal bodies/stands as opposed to the catleaps plastic and the crossover stands are a bit better.
    the crossover has pivot function so you can put it in portrait mode if you want, the catleap has tempered glass which a lot of people dont like as you can get dust traped in between the glass and the screen which you cant shift without taking the whole thing apart

• Advertisement

the crossovers have metal bodies/stands as opposed to the catleaps plastic and the crossover stands are a bit better.
    the crossover has pivot function so you can put it in portrait mode if you want, the catleap has tempered glass which a lot of people dont like as you can get dust traped in between the glass and the screen which you cant shift without taking the whole thing apart

Ahh I see, so does anyone think the crossover is worth the extra 120 dollars and tax to go with it?

maybe not that crossover unless you desperately need one that can pivot into portrait mode

maybe not that crossover unless you desperately need one that can pivot into portrait mode

Nope don't need that feature at all.

Maybe I should post my needs and you guys can help me out with picking one?

I don't mind having just DVI on it.
    Screen glass doesn't matter to me.
    I would like it to be mountable but if the ones that aren't mountable are a good bit cheaper then I will get one of those.
    Don't mind if it switches into landscape or not.
    Would prefer perfect pixel, willing to go +50 euro for this.

Also right now I am on a non ips 24 inch screen. Anyone switch to a 27'' from one of these and never look back?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-27-inch-New-Potalion-2710QW-2560x1440-WQHD-Quad-HD-Monitor-/140763389179?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item20c626dcfb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-27-inch-New-Potalion-2710QW-2560x1440-WQHD-Quad-HD-Monitor-/140757463601?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c5cc7231

i got one of these from this seller last week. 0 dead pixels. small bit of backlight bleed in the bottom but that seems to be an issue with lcd in general rather than these monitors so not much to be done about it. stand is fine imo, bezel is nice black and shiny. bezel is kinda thick but i dont mind that

i have absolutely no idea why one is dearer than the other when they both seem to be the exact same model and both are pixel perfect. when I ordered I went for the more expensive option.. just on the off chance it actually meant something for the quality.

im pretty sure these are mountable.. not sure though. (just read this line after I hit submit. I think they are mountable, but i'm not sure. it has 4 holes in the back which I assume are mount points)

you will want a pretty deep desk to use one of these for gaming. for general computing it's fine up close but I found I hasd to put the monitor on a stand behind my desk to get the proper distance for gaming but my desk is ridiculously narrow so YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

So I got to see mine for the first time today, man its good!

Size wise its pretty huge ok, but the colours, they are just so good! Delighted with the purchase!

I do have a stuck pixel though, it looks ok on a red screen, a blue screen and a black screen, but yellow, green or white you can see it. Im running UDpix on it at the mo, hopefully it can shift it but its not that noticable other than a really light screen.

Seller marked it as $100 value, but I guess DHL know the real price of a Catleap!

• Advertisement

So I got to see mine for the first time today, man its good!

Size wise its pretty huge ok, but the colours, they are just so good! Delighted with the purchase!

I do have a stuck pixel though, it looks ok on a red screen, a blue screen and a black screen, but yellow, green or white you can see it. Im running UDpix on it at the mo, hopefully it can shift it but its not that noticable other than a really light screen.

Seller marked it as $100 value, but I guess DHL know the real price of a Catleap!

How much did you get done for? I asked mine to be marked as €99 gift :/

God Father wrote: »

55 quid not too bad, did you order a cat leap or a different brand?

jesus, 55?

how 55 for you and 22 for me.. the prices of the catleaps and potalions aren't so different that 23% of both would lead to almost double the vat

God Father wrote: »

55 quid not too bad, did you order a cat leap or a different brand?

Yeah Catleap, 55 would suck, thats a fair bit. I would think the top end of what they would charge.

Hey Guys,

I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of who people were buying them off, price , how they got on with customs etc.

So i did a quick breeze through the thread and have made the following

Catleap Club Boards

Could people please add the missing info if I've missed it (or correct any stuff i have wrong)

At the moment, unless he got hit for customs, Redisle's Shiman from DreamSeller @ €233 is the cheapest so far.

The cheapest confirmed price is Fiddlex's catleap from green sum @ €282 inc customs

The only confirmed case of Dead Pixels seems to be /\/ollog's :(

If you look at the link above, Its not up the higher end anyways, its the about the correct amount for what i paid. €70 is the highest so far.

I paid less for the catleap than you did for the potalion, I guess the reason the VAT was different is because customs know how much a catleap costs, and they havent figured out the real price of a potalion.

Id be suprised if you dont have to pay €55 Godfather.

I budgeted €300 for the monitor and with customs it came to that, so it could be worse. €282 is the cheapest confirmed price with customs so €18 on top of that is grand.

looking at that spreadsheet all the eventual costs seem to come in around 300 euro.. maybe customs are just taking on whatever vat they have to to bring it up there :)

I have Tuxy's monitor, bleed is no longer an issue, brightness was just set too high.

yeah I turned my brightess down quite a bit and the bleed that I have is minimised quite a bit, i'm not really comfortable turning the brightness down any further though as then I'd have to fiddle with brightness/contrast settings in windows and I wouldn't be confident I could get as nice a picture as I have now. I tried and I think I got it looking good but I couldnt stop worrying that I'd just ruined the image... and even if I hadn't, constantly thinking that I had would be an issue in and of itself.

Has anyone had any joy un-stick pixels with the pressure method?

It would be really nice to get rid of it, but im very worried about making it worse!

Has anyone had any joy un-stick pixels with the pressure method?

It would be really nice to get rid of it, but im very worried about making it worse!

3.6million pixels and you have 1 bad... do you really care about it that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Stuck pixels can be exceptionally annoying

My white catleap has arrived and is set up.

No probs other than 1 stuck green pixel. It is only visible when on a black background so not so bad. I will prob have a go at getting rid of it.

The monitor looks great, happy I went with white.

Colour is great especially going from a matte samsung.

I will have a look for light bleed when it gets a bit darker.

Only had to pay €23 Vat so custums just charged me the vat @ 23% of the value I gave.

I'll throw up some photos in a while.

So delighted overall I was eyeing one of these for months now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm thinking this club has gotten big enough to redo the OP. I didn't think it would get this much attention so didn't really put any effort into it and people keep referring to the thread as suggestions in builds so we should spruce it up a bit :o

I'm working all week for 2 weeks so don't have much time, but if anyone wants to put a nice cover post together/or start it out, we could get a mod to edit my OP?

would be nice to include witnessmenow's table.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

yeah that seems right, people seem to be paying very little on something so dear, I paid as much on a few tshirts.

The Revenue charged me 112 Euro.

jesus christ you are the unluckiest son of a bitch on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

lol.
    Nah, on the bright side I think the pixels were just stuck. Either that or I've gotten used to them.
    For sure a lot of them are gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Well my Catleap arrived this morning, not 20mins ago.
    Couple of things straight away, the delivery guy was witnessed dropping the package onto the floor of the reception area, apparently not knowing (or caring) what the plethora of FRAGILE stickers on the parcel meant.
    Fedex didn't hang around and our receptionist asked about the customs charge to be told 'I only deliver, customs is other people' before (I'm guessing) petulantly storming out.
    So no charge, is this unusual? Do they send out charges later by post? WTF in general?
    I unpacked immediately and thankfully no obvious damage, but we'll see tonight when I plug her in.
    Its big and damn pretty though. Lots of oohs and aahs from my jealous coworkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'd say you have to be pretty unlucky for it to have been damaged. if you saw the tour mine took on the way to Ireland, I've no doubt it was dropped a few times. its packed very well though. best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement

Didihno wrote: »
    Well my Catleap arrived this morning, not 20mins ago.
    Couple of things straight away, the delivery guy was witnessed dropping the package onto the floor of the reception area, apparently not knowing (or caring) what the plethora of FRAGILE stickers on the parcel meant.
    Fedex didn't hang around and our receptionist asked about the customs charge to be told 'I only deliver, customs is other people' before (I'm guessing) petulantly storming out.
    So no charge, is this unusual? Do they send out charges later by post? WTF in general?
    I unpacked immediately and thankfully no obvious damage, but we'll see tonight when I plug her in.
    Its big and damn pretty though. Lots of oohs and aahs from my jealous coworkers.

Fedex will mail you a bill in a couple of weeks, they are crooks imo.

Advertisement