Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cape Clear wrote: »
    No point guys going to these sections unless they are willing to sing for the 90+ minutes

No point in just having everyone singing haphazard.

Need to sort out the altos from the sopranos etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Were all passionate about Cork City. Lads will have differing opinions. That's part and parcel of all football debates. Let's not start attacking each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Trying to sort out travel for the final is proving to be irritating. Pity the club are not running a train.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

gimmick wrote: »
    Trying to sort out travel for the final is proving to be irritating. Pity the club are not running a train.

Aircoach or Go Be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

There are so so many ways of getting to and from Dublin on any given day at any given time, expecting the club to sort out a train for you is nothing short of laziness.

• Advertisement

A train would be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

If you're that adamant on the club running a train, get onto Iarnród Éireann and get a quote, capacity, organise the times for it to leave/return, make a start on getting people booked on and pass all the info onto the club to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

what advantages does a train have over, say, a train, which I could also afford?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Roar wrote: »
    what advantages does a train have over, say, a train, which I could also afford?

Some lads got a very good deal on the train 25 euros return or do price has since gone up to 73. If cost is an issue the sir coach or go bus is also quite reasonable I paid 12 single on Sunday for an air coach back to Cork journey took about 2.75 hours. A special train would cost 50 I'd imagine. The guys that got the good train prices were fast off the mark fair play to them.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    If you're that adamant on the club running a train, get onto Iarnród Éireann and get a quote, capacity, organise the times for it to leave/return, make a start on getting people booked on and pass all the info onto the club to advertise.

I don't work for the club so I think it would be remiss of me to masquerade as a club employee. Why would you want someone to do that?

• Advertisement

I don't work for the club so I think it would be remiss of me to masquerade as a club employee. Why would you want someone to do that?

Club are running buses have a look at the website not sure of details myself

duplicate

Who said anything about masquerading as a club employee? You don't have to be a Cork City FC employee to ring Iarnród Éireann and ask about info chartering a train. Don't you think your idea would have a little more chance of success if you did something to get the ball rolling?

As a season ticket holder and a Foras member I don't think it is my duty to do the clubs work.

As a season ticket holder and a Foras member I don't think it is my duty to do the clubs work.

You were the one so keen on running a train. If you really want something done, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get the ball rolling yourself. All the buses, both drinking and non-drinking, are run independent of the club (the Family Enclosure run the main buses that the club advertise, but it is still independent). The lads that run these don't just sit back and say the club should organise their travel. They take a bit of initiative and organise it themselves. Why should a train be any different?

The club is based much more on volunteers than two full-time office staff.

Exactly, you're a fan and a member. You are the club.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    You were the one so keen on running a train. If you really want something done, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get the ball rolling yourself. All the buses, both drinking and non-drinking, are run independent of the club (the Family Enclosure run the main buses that the club advertise, but it is still independent). The lads that run these don't just sit back and say the club should organise their travel. They take a bit of initiative and organise it themselves. Why should a train be any different?

The club is based much more on volunteers than two full-time office staff.

Exactly, you're a fan and a member. You are the club.

I take my hat off to anyone who has the patience to organise a bus.

Having organised a bus to Dundalk last year it is something I am never tempted to do again. Utterly painful.

I've done my time in the past running buses to numerous away games and its tiring. Some excuses people come out with for last minute pull outs are nothing short of disrespectful.

We had 3 pull outs the night before the Dundalk game. They got a lift and it was "cheaper".

We bugged and bothered them until we got the money out of them. So it wasn't cheaper for them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

does anyone know if there will be cup final tickets for sale at the ground tonight before the Longford game?

• Advertisement

does anyone know if there will be cup final tickets for sale at the ground tonight before the Longford game?

Yes there will be.

Talk of a train has gathered momentum apparently!

€35 return.

Kent - Aviva 9am
    Connolly to Kent 8pm

Thats the option Ill be taking anyway.

€35 return.

Kent - Aviva 9am
    Connolly to Kent 8pm

Thats the option Ill be taking anyway.

Your dreams have been answered, straight to the Aviva an all for ya. That will be a dry train though, Irish Rail specials are now stricktly non drinking, dunno if that effects you.

Im sure booze will be on board somehow.

How have we got into a position where we basically need 7 from 9 points in our final 3 games against 1st 3rd and 4th to hold onto second place. FFS

We don't deserve to be in 2nd place anyway.

We are worse than last year.

Tonight's performance was comedy. Nulty Beattie Dunleavy were good. The rest utter rubbish with a special mention for Darren Dennehy who played arguably the worst i have seen a guy play in 25 years supporting city.

• Advertisement

It was a bad night ...again..

anyway

Very selective Gimmick.

Dunleavy's unpteenth sloppy pass gave up Longford's winner...

McNulty left in 3 goals.....

Beattie looked tired to me...despite his goal

The one player that shined like a beacon was 33 year old Dan Murray. calmness under pressure and range of passing were the only positives about the game.

As for Darren Dennehy. Nobody from the midfield were looking for the ball off him most of the time and his full backs were off their game.

Advertisement