Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bar stool in local booked. Nervous as fúck. Really feel a 1-1 is on the cards. I will enjoy the match up to the point when - hopefully - the commentator says not long for City to go till they will be crowned champions!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CHealy wrote: »
    Exactly the way I feel. Can't wait for it to be over in truth, im seriously fatigued from this title chasing business.

The main reason I'm looking forward to the close season is so we won't have to endure any ridiculously nervy endings at Turner's Cross every second week!

How many 1 goal margin wins did we, somehow, just managed to eek over the line!

It tomorrow's game follows in the same suit I could be dead from heart failure around the 85th minute. I can't take much more of it!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We owe them for 1991.

Time for revenge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gotta be seated an hour before in Oriel!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

They are really in a panic over the crowd. We've had bigger crowds than that at a few stages this season in Turners Cross and there was no problems. It just flowed. I feel that they're building up to make a balls of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Had 6500 on Friday and it was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Loads of empty seats behind the goal. What's that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Loads of empty seats behind the goal. What's that all about?

I imagine that they are the seats that the city fans bought for the home end!

Really classy outta the Dawk fans last night! Golf balls fired into the away end, a flare thrown over the wall into the city fans from Dawk fans and then at the final whistle they trying barge the stewards too get in and fight city fans! Terrible carry on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pathetic individuals.

First league win in 19 years and all you can do is come over and throw shapes at Cork City fans. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup. Real classy. They win their first league in years yet they come in numbers to give us the finger. No wonder people get angry. A true shower of pricks.

Best team won the league. CCFC didn't show last night. Absolutely gutted but we will dominate soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Really classy outta the Dawk fans last night! Golf balls fired into the away end, a flare thrown over the wall into the city fans from Dawk fans and then at the final whistle they trying barge the stewards too get in and fight city fans! Terrible carry on!!
    Pathetic individuals.

First league win in 19 years and all you can do is come over and throw shapes at Cork City fans. :confused:
    gimmick wrote: »
    Yup. Real classy. They win their first league in years yet they come in numbers to give us the finger. No wonder people get angry. A true shower of pricks.

Best team won the league. CCFC didn't show last night. Absolutely gutted but we will dominate soon.

I saw the some dundalk fans rush over to the away section on rte on rte,what a bunch of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

All it did was make the City fans sing louder. Absolutely proud to support this fantastic club. Dundalk were the best team and deserved to win the league. But we'll have our day again. City til I die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gutted. While the better team won the lge when you get this close it feels worse not to get over the line. Onwards and upwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I thought the most appropriate moment of the night was when, after the Dundalk supporters showed their 'class', City fans just started chanting "Where were you when you were shít"!

Also, Oriel Park is some kip of a ground!

Still though, about the game, Dundalk were the best team on the night, and indeed for about 90% of the season and deserve their league title. However, it is so disappointing from a Cork City perspective to lose it almost with a whimper. Whatever about the first half, the second half we were just non-existent.

We're so much better than what we showed last night and that is, by far, the most disappointing aspect of it.

Still though, hopefully we can go one better next season in the league, and also emulate Shamrock Rover's previous Europa League exploits. Can you imagine if we got into the group stages? That would be absolutely epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

68961_990318527650521_2125578393414426393_n.jpg?oh=7254ede071713193a0a0872f976860d0&oe=54AC70D2&__gda__=1424292953_a2dfd5f7704594d492a36d216bf06197

Brilliant pic of last night from Blink of an Eye Photography

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Your only as good as your allowed play.
    Best team won on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Lads I found that bottle you said we lost last week!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

house45 wrote: »
    Lads I found that bottle you said we lost last week!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

There's always one.

Wilberto wrote: »

Still though, hopefully we can go one better next season in the league, and also emulate Shamrock Rover's previous Europa League exploits. Can you imagine if we got into the group stages? That would be absolutely epic!

The Europa League will be very tough next season. Before, the best sides in the first round wouldn't have been too different to ourselves. If we weren't seeded, then we'd still probably have gotten a handy draw against a Welsh or Luxembourg side. For next season, though, they're putting 16 teams straight into the group stages (compared to 6 this season and none a few seasons ago). That closes off spots in the 4th round, so higher quality teams get pushed back a round or two. It means that potential first round opponents include Rosenborg and other Norwegian sides, Serbian, Croatian etc. These teams normally wouldn't enter until the second or third round. If we get past one tie, that'd be a huge achievement, never mind getting within sight of the group stages.

• Advertisement

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The Europa League will be very tough next season. Before, the best sides in the first round wouldn't have been too different to ourselves. If we weren't seeded, then we'd still probably have gotten a handy draw against a Welsh or Luxembourg side. For next season, though, they're putting 16 teams straight into the group stages (compared to 6 this season and none a few seasons ago). That closes off spots in the 4th round, so higher quality teams get pushed back a round or two. It means that potential first round opponents include Rosenborg and other Norwegian sides, Serbian, Croatian etc. These teams normally wouldn't enter until the second or third round. If we get past one tie, that'd be a huge achievement, never mind getting within sight of the group stages.

Ah yeah, I was just dreaming, to be honest. Surely we're all allowed to dream? :D:D:):)

It would be brilliant to get at least two European games at the Cross though next season.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I was just dreaming, to be honest. Surely we're all allowed to dream? :D:D:):)

It would be brilliant to get at least two European games at the Cross though next season.

Ah yeah, I know what ya mean. But, under the previous system, you wouldn't have been far off. Group stage mightn't have been too realistic, but 3rd round, and possibly 4th round would've been, which isn't a million miles off. Pats got there a few times having started off in the 2nd round.

Still its European football coming to the Cross.

Its exciting times for the club.

I heard few names been mentioned to sign but not sure some will.

Would love creative midfielder in middle would be most welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Imo we need 6 players for next year. 2
    strikers, a centre back to rotate or replace Super Dan Murray. A replacement for Healy and 2 wingers.

Ideally I want to see a settled back 4 with Kavanagh and Dunleavy as the regular full backs.

Kilduff to SPA ain't done yet. Love to see him back.

#wegoagain

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057318191/2/#post92846391

Here lads let's make healys goal the GOTS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Imo we need 6 players for next year. 2
    strikers, a centre back to rotate or replace Super Dan Murray. A replacement for Healy and 2 wingers.

Ideally I want to see a settled back 4 with Kavanagh and Dunleavy as the regular full backs.

Kilduff to SPA ain't done yet. Love to see him back.

#wegoagain

Definitely need two pacey wingers anyway.

We badly need a creative midfielder too.

In fact is no1 priority for me

So Karl Shepard is in. Who'll be next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Hav'nt updated this thread in a while.

Current players signed up for 2015 are below:

Players: 19

Goalkeepers:
    Mark McNulty
    Kevin O'Brien

Defenders:
    John Dunleavy
    Ross Gaynor
    John Kavanagh
    Dan Murray
    Michael McSweeney
    Darren Dennehy

Midfielders:
    Liam Kearney
    Billy Dennehy
    Garry Buckley
    Gavan Holohan
    Colin Healy
    Dave Mulcahy
    Kieran Djilali

Forwards:
    Rob Lehane
    Mark O'Sullivan
    Karl Sheppard
    John O'Flynn

We need another 5 players, 2 of which need to be big signings I feel.

New away jersey was launched last week, not too my taste but many people seem to like it. Size of the logo again like!!!

Cork-City-away-jersey.png

Fixtures also being announced later on today, season tickets can be purchased here http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/season-tickets/ if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Hav'nt updated this thread in a while.

Current players signed up for 2015 are below:

Players: 19

Goalkeepers:
    Mark McNulty
    Kevin O'Brien

Defenders:
    John Dunleavy
    Ross Gaynor
    John Kavanagh
    Dan Murray
    Michael McSweeney
    Darren Dennehy

Midfielders:
    Liam Kearney
    Billy Dennehy
    Garry Buckley
    Gavan Holohan
    Colin Healy
    Dave Mulcahy
    Kieran Djilali

Forwards:
    Rob Lehane
    Mark O'Sullivan
    Karl Sheppard
    John O'Flynn

We need another 5 players, 2 of which need to be big signings I feel.

New away jersey was launched last week, not too my taste but many people seem to like it. Size of the logo again like!!!

Cork-City-away-jersey.png

Fixtures also being announced later on today, season tickets can be purchased here http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/season-tickets/ if anyone is interested.
    What's the latest on the B team?

Advertisement