Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Very happy with Point. 2 very tough away games out of way.

No walk in park on Tuesday but a win would be real confidence booster and might give us belief that we may go 1 better this season.

Was always going to be a tough game so to come away with a point was a great result. 5 points out of 9 having gone to both Sligo and Rovers is pretty good, still unbeaten as well!

Fully expect a win on Tuesday, we should be beating teams like Galway at home if we're going to be up there again this season. It's our 1,000 game and I don't think there's a game on TV to go against the Galway game so hopefully there will be a good crowd at The Cross.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with a point from this fixture. All going well on Tuesday, 8 from 4 would be a great start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

3 points tonight! Pity about the hoof ball we played at times tho!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not the prettiest match, but with a clean sheet and 8 pts from our first 4 games, we've got to be very happy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Defense looked nice and solid though Gaynor had a mare going forward.

Dunleavy cannot play centre mid. It just doesn't suit him.

Was a bit disappointed in Billy Dennehy also. Why doesn't he use his pace to get past defenders ever? I'd hope that one Djalililili loses about 2 stone he will take Billy's spot permanently.

Up top looked solid as well. Sullivan unlucky not to score, Shepard bundled his in well.

Was impressed by Holohan again.

Good 3 points in a poor game. Only one conceded in 4 is impressive. Next 2 are entirely winnable so no excuses. At the rate Dundalk have started they can't be allowed pull away early.

Main complaint about last night is the fact it was a midweek fixture. There should be zero midweek fixtures in LOI. There were 2000 less at last nights game as a result. Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not sure we have got 2000 extra for Galway but had it been a Friday game 4000 from 2900 or thereabouts would have been achievable.

Still decent crowd all same.

We barely got 1500 hundred for Shamrock Rovers in June 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Both goals from set pieces, I think 5 of our 8 goals this season have been from set pieces, I find that quite worrying, one one hand its great that we can utilize them well, but on the other hand I think our long ball game is no match with Pat's and Dundalk's.

We have players well capable of passing the ball around, I dont understand why we're putting so many balls up high onto Marks head or ultimately into the keepers hands.

But, absolutely solid in defense, 1 goal in 4 games is running like last season again, McNulty great save from the 1 on 1 at the end was their only real chance and it kept a clean sheet well, top class save.

I think we missed Healy last night, where was he? was it because of FAI awards? hardly thou, they were Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Healy was injured.

Game was complete sh!t, but three points is three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

I saw better football from the u-8s at half time than in the 1st half.

2-0 flattered us.

3 more points !! Should have been a bit more comfortable against 10 men, but Bray put it up to us. Time to forget the game already ! Great to see Kieran get off the mark! A greater spread of goals in the team is fantastic to see.

• Advertisement

If we still play route one and results do not go our way will fans turn on Caulfield like they did Dunne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

We played some lovely football yesterday evening. Some great play from midfield out to the wings. There were some long balls, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with an accurate 30 yard diagonal pass for Gaynor or Kavanagh to latch onto. There were plenty of short, defence-splitting passes, but Sheppard in particular just couldn't slot them home, or else we'd have had a load. We had 17 shots and 9 on target. Bray had 3 and 1. If that's what our style of football produces, then more of the same, please. We only scored by one yesterday, but if we keep doing that, we'll have plenty of big wins to look forward to.

2nd place, 11 points from 15, 8 goals, one conceded, four clean sheets. That's a great start, so let's keep going.

3-0 and 5104 in attendance , happy with that!!!!!

Great result and just as good a performance.

Should get people coming back.Miller was very good.

It was bloody freezing though but that's my only rant.

Couldn't make it tonight wed our own game out in white church and it was freezing out there!! What was the first 11? Who played well? Over 5000 Is brilliant!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Couldn't make it tonight wed our own game out in white church and it was freezing out there!! What was the first 11? Who played well? Over 5000 Is brilliant!!

Miller and Gaynor stood out for me. Can't fault too many tbf. Miller got MOTM. Deserved I think.

Some lovely passing tonight. They only had 1 chance and that was in injury time.

Play like we did for most of season and we be Top 2 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »

McNulty

Kavanagh - Bennett - Dennehy - Gaynor

Dennehy - Miller - Dunleavy - Buckley - Shephard

O'Flynn.

You missed a great performance. Easily the best performance of the season and, more importantly, the best performance by Liam Miller since joining first day.

If we can continue in the same vain for the rest of the season there's no reason why we shouldn't be up there challenging for the title.

However, that is a rather sizeable "if"!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Miller and Gaynor stood out for me. Can't fault too many tbf. Miller got MOTM. Deserved I think.

Some lovely passing tonight. They only had 1 chance and that was in injury time.

Play like we did for most of season and we be Top 2 again.

John Kavanagh deserves a mention too. He excellent going forward and solid at the back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Wilberto wrote: »
    McNulty

Kavanagh - Bennett - Dennehy - Gaynor

Dennehy - Miller - Dunleavy - Buckley - Shephard

O'Flynn.

You missed a great performance. Easily the best performance of the season and, more importantly, the best performance by Liam Miller since joining first day.

If we can continue in the same vain for the rest of the season there's no reason why we shouldn't be up there challenging for the title.

However, that is a rather sizeable "if"!
    Miller played to a similar standard away to Shamrock Rovers but it didn't really get reported. His touch is incredible. We were excellent last night and it was great to see O'Flynn doing well.

Excellent performances all over the park last night. Benno was a rock at the back. So calm and assured, and that calmness and confidence spread across the rest of the defence. Brilliant.

Kavanagh is a star in the making. tidy ball player, gets up and down the flank and never out of position.

It's a pleasure watching Liam Miller play football. Always in the right place, never loses the ball, always looking for a pass and plays the simple ball every time. I'd like to see him shoot a bit more, that effort he had last night was spectacular.

Sheppard works hard and took his goals last night well, and it was good to see Flynny looking sharp.

Also what struck me last night is that after every goal the entire team celebrated together. There's a tremendous team spirit in the camp and long may that continue.

• Advertisement

Dundalk and Pats both dropping points? Nice!!!!

Yep very good. Especially Dundalk.

Next 2 games are away to Pats and Drogs. I think we are capable of getting 6 poiunts , but 4 would be very nice return.

Really optimistic for the season after Friday. We played some lovely football and few people who rarely go to games but were there Friday night at least some should come back.

With European football money going up and with money from gate receipts at home we must be doing nicely outside pitch now too.

The club is in a very healthy place at the minute. 3,000 at a Cork game is now considered small. If we make small tiny progress every year give it a few years and we could have something to be really proud of.

Yep very good. Especially Dundalk.

Next 2 games are away to Pats and Drogs. I think we are capable of getting 6 poiunts , but 4 would be very nice return.

Really optimistic for the season after Friday. We played some lovely football and few people who rarely go to games but were there Friday night at least some should come back.

With European football money going up and with money from gate receipts at home we must be doing nicely outside pitch now too.

The club is in a very healthy place at the minute. 3,000 at a Cork game is now considered small. If we make small tiny progress every year give it a few years and we could have something to be really proud of.

We're already there !! :)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    We're already there !! :)

We were always there! ;)

Great night for us - close the gap on Dundalk to two points and actually win away from home. Roll on Monday.

A good win tonight, hopefully put Longford to the sword on Monday and then the big one Friday. The good weather will hopefully continue till then and I reckon the leagues biggest attendance this year might be on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Lovely day for a match today against Longford at the Cross. Should be looking at a good crowd in spite of the midweek kick off. We got just under 3,000 for the Tuesday night match against Galway. Given our recent results - and in particular, the great result and football in front of a big crowd in our last home match against Derry - we should be getting a few hundred more on top of that.

Have to keep our eyes on the ball. No other team matters, right now it's all about Longford.

Agree one game at a time.

Expect 3,500 at this. The good start to season will help plus nice evening etc, plus the evenings are little milder then previous games. You be surprised how that helps attendence.

If we will play like we did against Derry the last day I be very happy.

Fulling expecting us to turn Longford over tonight. Another 3-0 would be great. Confidence is high, our home form is seriously good, another good crowd will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Looking forward to tonight, I missed the Derry game so hopefully they play as well as I heard from that game.

Advertisement