Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep buzzing for this now, Limerick did 120 mins Tuesday and they dont exactly have a deep pool of players to choose from so they won't be up for this at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hopefuly the weather improves from today. Forecast is decent I think.

A good win will set the season up nicely. A scrappy 1-0 or worse will turn people away. It really is that fickle.

Luckily Limerick seem to be utter crap so should do a proper job.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

This is the time to put a few past Limerick...
    There will be a lot of people there for the first time so a good game and a nice win should bring a few back.

We need to be putting teams like Limerick to the sword if we are to challenge for the title this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't wait for tomorrow night. 3-0 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Beautiful day outside and should be nice an mild for tonight, get down to the Cross and support the lads, its a great night out.

• Advertisement

Nothing mild about it. It will be cold so wrap up, but perfect conditions. I reckon there will be 4500+ tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Tickets sold out in the club shop but available from 4 outside the cross

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Reckon we will get over 5k tonight - an impressive win would be a great way to kick off the season down the cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great night at the cross and good turnout. My god Limerick are so bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Suppose that was impressive enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hard to argue with a 5-0 victory!!! Get in !!!!!

Very impressed with Sheppard.

Deserved a goal. Lovely runs. Holohan and him could be the signings we needed last year.

Better teams to cone to Cross though. After tonight I be surprised if Limerick are not in bottom 2 teams come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

How bad were limerick? Away for weekend so didn't get to game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Balmed Out wrote: »
    How bad were limerick? Away for weekend so didn't get to game

Terrible worst team I have seen come to the cross in a while. Could of been 10 to be honest.
    Their goalkeeper was pub level he had a mare altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

It must be so boring being a Barca fan.

Think I got a taste of it last night.

Very impressed with Sheppard.

Deserved a goal. Lovely runs. Holohan and him could be the signings we needed last year.

Better teams to cone to Cross though. After tonight I be surprised if Limerick are not in bottom 2 teams come October.

Good professional prrformance against an awful side. Impressed by Miller and Gaynor.

Actually thought Shepard was very very poor. Felt giving him motm was tokenism at it's finest. He ran about like a game border collie but his finishing was pathetic. Really needs to up his game.

gimmick wrote: »
    Good professional prrformance against an awful side. Impressed by Miller and Gaynor.

Actually thought Shepard was very very poor. Felt giving him motm was tokenism at it's finest. He ran about like a game border collie but his finishing was pathetic. Really needs to up his game.

Though he was OK, got in behind plenty of times, didn't he win the pen?

Thought Billy deserved motm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Though Sheppard was decent. Unlucky not to get a goal. He seems like the kinda guy that when he gets his first under his belt, he'll be flying.

Poor old Morrissey's goal drought in the league continues. The same as last season, he just can't seem to put it into the net. And then when he does last night, it gets ruled out for offside. His confidence looked shot - he was devastated not getting on the scoresheet. Like Sheppard, the first goal will settle him down and things should go a lot smoother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I thought Sheppard was superb. He constantly got in behind them and got his head up for the support players. Their finishing was lacking. I called him as MOTM anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gaynor was poor defensively in the first half, was savage with himself going off at half time. Sheppard did a lot more than run around to be fair, he linked play very well and brought a lot of the midfield into the game with his movement. Needs to work on his finishing but I think that'll come. Not sure how it was tokenism either.

By tokenism I felt it was a case that the people who decide it felt he had a poor game but would give motm to boost his confidence.

I'm nit picking here, but I actually left TC pretty disappointing by the whole thing. 5-0 is a great result no matter what but Limerick were there for an absolute battering, I'm talking 8 or 9 nil, pity we didnt try to step it up in the second half.

Cork people eh?????

We did score 2 in the second half, I thought we were camped in their half pretty much the entire 2nd half but Limerick adapted at half time and parked the bus imo, they had 9 men behind the ball at most times.

We were expected to win by about 2 goals, I went away delighted.

To be fair, once the 2nd goal went in, City pretty much stopped. And its hard to blame anyone to not risk injury or a booking. The game was won.

We did score 2 in the second half, I thought we were camped in their half pretty much the entire 2nd half but Limerick adapted at half time and parked the bus imo, they had 9 men behind the ball at most times.

We were expected to win by about 2 goals, I went away delighted.
    To be fair, once the 2nd goal went in, City pretty much stopped. And its hard to blame anyone to not risk injury or a booking. The game was won.

True, as I said, that was me being selfish.

Hopefully at least a draw in Tallaght on Friday night and another home win against Galway on the Tuesday, and that would be an excellent start to the season given we have/had Sligo and Shamrock away in the 1st three games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

We were also quite wasteful at times though. It very easily could have been the 8 or 9 nil that you mentioned but for poor finishing. Danny Morrissey could have easily had two or three, and that's what I'm most disappointed about. Had he scored a couple on Friday night, one would be hopeful of a return to past glories for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Soccer Republic didn't even bother showing the great team "goal" we scored friday night only for it too be ruled offside

• Advertisement

Very happy with Point. 2 very tough away games out of way.

No walk in park on Tuesday but a win would be real confidence booster and might give us belief that we may go 1 better this season.

Advertisement