Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Tebow turns the ball over alot. I'm a huge fan but he does throw a high number of interceptions and alot of fumbles.

Im'a stop you there. Fumbles sure but his INT numbers have been quite low throughout his career (6 this year, Florida he never went above 6), he's careful passing the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Green bay must be looking to turn him into a tight end or use him in situation plays.

Why can't Denver do that? After all, the only difference between sitting behind Rodgers and Manning, is Rodgers has more than 5 years left in his career.

davyjose wrote: »
    I think he could be worked into Manning's offense as a fullback on 3rd down situations. He can run the ball, he could make trick plays or flea-flickers. And he can learn his trade. Denver should keep the strong running game they had last season. That's what Elway had, and ultimately it's what has limited manning to one ring so far.

hear hear on the running game, Davis played a crucial part in Elways two rings with a SB MVP in superbowl 32 and league MVP with his 2,000 yard season in 1998. Though i don't think Tebow stays for the simple reason that Elway never rated him and he's not going to blow this one chance to move him on without causing riots.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh they are the only team that fits Tebow anyway, a big O Line, a fantastic TE and one of the best RB's in the league. Problem is they don't have a defence that can last being on the field so long.

It would get jags fans off their asses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

spiralism wrote: »
    Im'a stop you there. Fumbles sure but his INT numbers have been quite low throughout his career (6 this year, Florida he never went above 6), he's careful passing the football.

And I apologise, should have checked my facts on the INT's. Looked it up there and surprised it was only 6.

Is it my imagination or were at least 3 of them returned for TD's??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why can't Denver do that? After all, the only difference between sitting behind Rodgers and Manning, is Rodgers has more than 5 years left in his career.

I presume Denver don't want to deal with that headache or else just feel he's won't make a very good tight end, also probably feel he'll never make a very good QB anyway. The problem is that the only difference between the two is a huge one.

And I apologise, should have checked my facts on the INT's. Looked it up there and surprised it was only 6.

Is it my imagination or were at least 3 of them returned for TD's??

Two iirc, 2 fumbles also were ran back @ Buffalo and Detroit

I presume Denver don't want to deal with that headache or else just feel he's won't make a very good tight end, also probably feel he'll never make a very good QB anyway. The problem is that the only difference between the two is a huge one.

Yeah, I suppose the decision isn't exactly Tebow's to make. I think Elway and Fox are done with Tebowmania. But i can't see how that issue isn't going to follow him north. Can't imagine Rodgers will be too impressed with the move either. But Tebow will disappear if he goes to a place with such a good QB with a decade+ ahead of him. Can't see why he'd go there barring deperation.

I think it could be Jacksonville or bust for him as an NFL star, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

barbarians wrote: »
    If I were the Broncos, I'd keep Tebow.
    Not going to happen - Tebow will be traded or if it comes to it he will be cut. I expect to see him gone in a trade by the draft at the latest.
    At best, they'll only get a second round pick for him anyway so they won't be getting much value for him anyway.
    If someone offered a second round pick Elway would snap their hand off. I'd be thrilled with a third.
    If Manning is on form there be won't any QB controversy as the Broncos fans are hardly going to start calling for Tebow instead of Manning.
    You have no idea what Tebowmania is like and the irrationality of Tebow fans - Elway hates it, doesn't want it and is thrilled to bits to be able to get out from under it.
    Tebow would hardly be a disruptive influence in the locker room and the time spent as a back-up may help him as he'll have more time to practise his throwing and can learn from a modern-day great. Tebow could be used in garbage time at the end of games to practise his throwing in a competitive environment so the Broncos could even have Tebow to take over from Manning when he retires. (Bit unrealistic I know.)
    Absolutely unrealistic is a better way to describe it. Manning doesn't teach back-ups - Manning takes every snap in practice and keeps the WRs back after practice has ended to work on routes and timings. No back-up has every got a sniff of the ball in practice with Manning around. Tebow couldn't even run the scout team (Brady Quinn and Webber did when Orton was starting) because he couldn't make the throws that the defence would be working to combat.
    Also, in a doomsday scenario if Manning gets injured again or isn't up to speed at least Tebow will be there as a back-up. No point having a $90 million QB if he can't throw the ball.
    The offence will be designed around Manning and everything he can do - short drops, quick reads, quick release, no-huddle - everything Tebow can't do - if Manning goes down the last person who could be put in to play QB would be Tebow - Webber would get the call first.
    Nobody really knows will Manning be able to withstand a big hit from a linebacker and play on without his game suffering from it. The Broncos have to play some tough defendes too this season (Steelers,Texans, Ravens) so at least if Manning does get injured again Tebow is there to step in.
    Manning is no more vulnerable to being injured than any other player on the field - the fused discs in his neck are no more vulnerable to injury than normal discs (this is the medical advice that the Broncos have received from experts). Playing at 36 after four neck surgeries can take their toll and a viable plan B is sensible - but plan B is not Tebow. The Broncos will look to sign a decent veteran back-up - rumoured to be one of San Diego's Billy Volek, Chicago's Caleb Hanie, Houston's Matt Leinart, St. Louis' A.J. Feeley. The other option is to draft Brandon Weeden in April - this is the option I expect them to take.

Good post JRG. Billy Volek was released by SD, just saw that. Would be a very good option -- knows the division, seemingly happy tp play back-up, and not a bad player (beat us in the 07/08 playoffs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tebow turns the ball over alot. I'm a huge fan but he does throw a high number of interceptions and alot of fumbles.

Six interceptions in 11 games last season says otherwise. Fumbles aren't as big a problem as you make out - it comes with the territory of being a dual threat QB. The more comfortable and experienced he is the less fumbles he'll make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I think it could be Jacksonville or bust for him as an NFL star, sadly.
    Philly seem to be emerging as favs - back-up to Vick.

Syferus wrote: »
    Six interceptions in 11 games last season says otherwise. Fumbles aren't as big a problem as you make out - it comes with the territory of being a dual threat QB. The more comfortable and experienced he is the less fumbles he'll make.

As I said I felt it was more and should have checked my stats 1st.

Why arent fumbles a big problem? Its exactly the same as an INT. He had 6 of those as well. 12 turnovers in 11 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Philly seem to be emerging as favs - back-up to Vick.

Surely he'll get a starting shot at some team this season. Jacksonville?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Or really bad he misses the CB along with the WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

SantryRed wrote: »
    Or really bad he misses the CB along with the WR.

haha id say you could be spot on reggie brown won a few games playin in the qb position but i wouldnt start him there

It seems the 49ers are out and the Packers offered a 7th round pick once Tebow will re-do his contract.

It seems the 49ers are out and the Packers offered a 7th round pick once Tebow will re-do his contract.

I really cant see the interest from the Packers. I know they lost Flynn and need a new back-up but Tebow seems a strange choice.

I really cant see the interest from the Packers. I know they lost Flynn and need a new back-up but Tebow seems a strange choice.

Elway was saying he wants to land Tebow a starting gig and Tebow wants himself to be close to home. Jags or Miami i'd say, both would overpay too at a guess, Khan would to fill seats, Miami would because Jeff Ireland hasn't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I hope he goes somewhere he starts, and I can get to watch him play. I'm still going to go with the obvious choices - Jacksonville or Miami (more likely Jacksonville)

I can't see anybody offering more than a 4 or 5 for him though, which undervalues him IMO, but they know Denver wants him out, and what he will bring to a team restricts the market.

On that note - This will be the third player move that Denver has made where they have not gotten any value for quite a high profile player due to circumstances:

Brandon Lloyd, Kyle Orton and now it looks like Tim Tebow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Elway was saying he wants to land Tebow a starting gig and Tebow wants himself to be close to home. Jags or Miami i'd say, both would overpay too at a guess, Khan would to fill seats, Miami would because Jeff Ireland hasn't a clue.

At least he's pulled the knives out of Tebow's back and promised to give him a snazzy new suit(or). It still doesn't excuse plainly lying to both Tebow and the public, though.

People can dismiss Tebow all they want but were he not to be in a place where he was starting after showing so much last year would smack of a rigid adherence to orthodoxy by coaches. Tebow can answer alot of on-the-field and off-the-field questions for both the Jags and Dolphins.

Dolphins have ruled themselves out. Not surprising really, I doubt Philbin is eager to turn away from his west coast offense and work with a guy who has very poor passing fundamentals.

Dolphins have ruled themselves out. Not surprising really, I doubt Philbin is eager to turn away from his west coast offense and work with a guy who has very poor passing fundamentals.

As opposed to the outrageous talents of David Garrard and Matt Moore, lol. Jags it is so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

Syferus wrote: »

People can dismiss Tebow all they want but were he not to be in a place where he was starting after showing so much last year would smack of a rigid adherence to orthodoxy by coaches. Tebow can answer alot of on-the-field and off-the-field questions for both the Jags and Dolphins.

Are you Tebow's agent by any chance? You seriously are banging on about the same thing over and over. We get it at this point, don't write off Tebow etc etc.

Dolphins pulling out doesn't bode well for Tebow. It is beginning to look like the Jags and the Jags only who might pony up for him. Anyone else want spend too much on him if they are going to sit him on their bench.

Its mad that many like syferus not so much on here but other boards keep saying that he will start september but when you ask them to name teams they cant and some of the teams they do mention make no sense.

For me the Jags and Miami are the only 2 who would start him right away. Everyone else will be either the bench of camp dogfight for a starting spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

As opposed to the outrageous talents of David Garrard and Matt Moore, lol. Jags it is so.

Really? Tebow couldn't run a west coast offense if he tried. He needs fixing before he could run an offense like that. Garrard and Moore might not be awesome QBs but Philbin knows they can throw footballs.

I think Matt Moore is pretty solid. Far better completion % than Tebow, better yards per throw and far better QB rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Moore and Garrard are both good QBs

Dolphins fans can be happy with those two on the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Matt Moore is pretty solid. Far better completion % than Tebow, better yards per throw and far better QB rating.
    Matt Moore is Kyle Orton 2.0. He is not good enough and never will be. Tebow is a better than either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

The Jets are in for him.
    Sparanos wildcat love and all that.
    Personally I'm all in for us going after him. Need someone to be breathing down Sanchez's neck and Tebow will certainly provide that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Tebow to the Jets wouldnt end up well. If Sanchez dosnt improve fans will be calling for Tebow to start. That wont end up well especially with the money invested in Sanchez now.

Advertisement