Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Will Afellay start for Holland?

~BKC~

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

manual_man wrote: »
    No option to sub should your first-choice underperform...

My plan was to play Given against Croatia & Italy & Lindegaard vs. Portugal.

Not many good choices when you are restricted to 8.5 to spend on GK's and team limited because of outfield choices. My GK's maybe the weak link but I dont think they'll hamstring my GW's a la Krul vs. Wigan (anyone that got stung will remember!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »
    No option to sub should your first-choice underperform...

My plan was to play Given against Croatia & Italy & Lindegaard vs. Portugal.

Not many good choices when you are restricted to 8.5 to spend on GK's and team limited because of outfield choices. My GK's maybe the weak link but I dont think they'll hamstring my GW's a la Krul vs. Wigan (anyone that got stung will remember!!)

There's different ways to look at it alright. I've spent a bit more on keepers, but i think they can be good for points, and i'm happy i have the option to sub if needs be. You do have keepers on different days though. (Though personally i wouldn't touch a Denmark keeper with a stick)

No offense to any Danish people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can't imagine Lindergaard seeing any game time unless Andersen makes a few howlers in their opening game.

Andersen is my second choice and will be seeing some game time should Poland concede tomorrow.

I think he could be a decent second choice given how cheap he is. I don't think Denmark are going to be the whipping boys of the group (I've also got Eriksen in my team) and he should accrue plenty of save points within that group at the very least.

I expect the Portugal/Denmark game to be a cagey affair. Must look into who will be Denmarks no.1 for the group stages.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    I can't imagine Lindergaard seeing any game time unless Andersen makes a few howlers in their opening game.

Andersen is my second choice and will be seeing some game time should Poland concede tomorrow.

I think he could be a decent second choice given how cheap he is. I don't think Denmark are going to be the whipping boys of the group (I've also got Eriksen in my team) and he should accrue plenty of save points within that group at the very least.

If Andersen is no.1, he'll be my no.2

• Advertisement

Casillas - Szczęsny
    Kadlec - Dunne - Anyukov - Terry - Evra
    Afellay - Shirokov - Ozil - Andrews - Eriksen
    Lewandowski - Benzema - Torres

What do you think of that? Any suggestions?

~BKC~

Lads quick question would it be possible to captain a Polish/Greek player and then change the captain to a Russian/Czech Rep one (later game) if you wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads quick question would it be possible to captain a Polish/Greek player and then change the captain to a Russian/Czech Rep one (later game) if you wanted to

No unfortunately.

Degag wrote: »

No unfortunately.

Haha, yep, figured as much... Worth the ask though :p

Gonna lash it on Kerzha for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'm gunna guess the starting line ups.......

Poland v Greece
    Szczesny
    Piszczek, Wasilewski, Perquis, Boenisch
    Murawski, Polanski
    Blaszczykowski, Obraniak, Rybus
    Lewandowski

Salpingidis, Gekas, Samaras
    Karagounis, Katsouranis, Maniatis
    Torosidis, P'thopoulos, P'dopoulos, Holebas
    Chalkias
    Russia v Czech Republic
    Akinfeev
    Anyukov, Igna'vich, Berezutskiy, Zhirkov
    Dzagoev, Denisov, Shirokov
    Izmailov, Kerzhakov, Arshavin

Baros
    Rezek, Rosicky, Pilar
    Plasil, Jiracek
    Selassie, Sivok, Kadlec, Rajtoral
    Cech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

BKC wrote: »
    Lloris
    Debuchy Rami Mexès Evra
    Diarra
    Cabaye Malouda
    Nasri Benzema Ribery

The French team that started tonight against Estonia and that will start against England at the weekend.

~BKC~

Source?

I have M'Vila in my team.... expected him to be starting. Surely they won't play such an attacking formation against England?

Devia wrote: »
    Source?

I have M'Vila in my team.... expected him to be starting. Surely they won't play such an attacking formation against England?

M'Vila will miss the England match through injury

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2154589/Euro-2012-Yann-MVila-miss-France-v-England.html

That article is a couple of days old, maybe you should look to see if Blanc has said anything about him in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

When are we likely to get offical teams for todays games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

looking like my final team. any suggestions?

gg.png

edit: i switched yarmo with shirokov as i don't want too many players that play on the last day since i won't be able to switch them if they score bad. switched nani with lewandowski as i can see lewandowski scoring more points with a much easier group. switched dunne to st ledger to make enough money for a modric to sneijder switch

Given Szczesny

M.Olsson StLedger Papadonpoulos Strinic Berezutski

Shirokov Young Ozil Rosicky Sneijder

Ibrahimovic Lewandowski VanPersie

lets go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

KevIRL wrote: »
    When are we likely to get offic'al teams for todays games?
    I'd guess about an hour or so before kickoff, so we aren't likely to get the Russia & Czech lineups before the deadline today :(

Hopefully this is my final team! :p
    Greek goalie subject to change when the lineups are out

ip9s2o.jpg

heard rosicky could be out for tonights game. anyone any clue what the craic is with him?

darego wrote: »
    heard rosicky could be out for tonights game. anyone any clue what the craic is with him?

Had an injury, but looks like he's recovering just in time (maybe)

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8479678

darego wrote: »
    Given Szczesny

M.Olsson StLedger Papadonpoulos Strinic Berezutski

Shirokov Young Ozil Rosicky Sneijder

Ibrahimovic Lewandowski VanPersie

lets go! :D

Will Papadonpoulos & Strinic be starting? I dunno why so many people have them 2 selected.

looks like Papadonpoulos will start, not sure about strinic though. i can't see any better options for the price atm so i'm going to take the chance

edit: did you find out who denmarks #1 gk is for the group stages? i might switch szczesny with whoever it is and take strinic out for piszczek

• Advertisement

I dunno, he didnt feature much in the qualifying AFAIK. I think alot of people are picking him because of Football Manager! :pac:

It looks like it will be Andersen. Lindegaard came into the squad as 3rd choice before Sorensen got injured. I think Lindegaards spell on the sidelines and lacking match fitness makes sure that he wont be starting.

strinic has 8 apps in the qualifiers and papa has 4 with 2 goals. i'm going to get andersen in for szczesny then. who to drop for piszczek though? papa or strinic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

who to captain today:confused:

Lewandowski is the obvious choice for me

redarmy wrote: »
    who to captain today:confused:

I'm captaining Lewandowski. Fancy him to score against Greece today.

~BKC~

Baros to score 2 tonight :pac: Why do these thoughts come in to my head so close to deadline :pac:

2z4z58l.png

That's what I'm going with. Heading out now for the matches so I won't have any time to change it. Any thoughts?

~BKC~

where does Rosicky play in the Czech Rep formation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

where does Rosicky play in the Czech Rep formation?
    he plays like this......

abCMluWaeY.jpgabCMlESalA.jpg

• Advertisement

final final final team haha

final.png

if papa isn't in the greek starting lineup tonight i'll change him without strinic

Advertisement