Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Any further news on the Russian GK situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »

It's a very hard one to call really. If it wasn't for Akinfeev's lack of match fitness, he'd be a shoe-in. As it is i slightly fancy Malafeev

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

the transfer window doesnt shut untill 15 minutes beforw KO and the team sheets will be out by then, so theres no need to panic....but for me Malafeev will start and probable keep his place for the 3 matches, Zhirkov is a doubt as well but should make it.

swoody wrote: »
    the transfer window doesnt shut untill 15 minutes beforw KO and the team sheets will be out by then, so theres no need to panic....but for me Malafeev will start and probable keep his place for the 3 matches, Zhirkov is a doubt as well but should make it.

Not true unfortunately. Poland is the earlier game so squads will have to be finalized before then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

need to pick 3 out of these 5 of these: Yarmolenko, Rosicky, Modric or Shirokov/Dzagoev. Opinions please? :D

was thinking yarmo, rosicky and modric. can't see modric doing too well against spain italy and us though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

re ITALY

Looks like Barzagli will play no part at all now according to UEFA website. There is talk of them going 3 at the back with Di Rossi coming in as a centre half. I think Bonucci will play at the back now (he may well have done anyway), anyone else think Bonucci will start? I've picked him now that Barzagli is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

According to some reports he is set to miss the opening game, which does not bode well for their next two I guess! Change of keeper required for me I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Any reason why there's only 8 players in the boards league? Usually get a few hundred for the Premier League...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

roryc wrote: »
    Any reason why there's only 8 players in the boards league? Usually get a few hundred for the Premier League...

Possibly because the thread would normally be in the Soccer forum where it would get a lot more views than it would here?

~BKC~

roryc wrote: »

I originally set up the Boards league. Ade quickly stumped me setting up two of his own and stickying them :p Anyway the first league code on the o.p. of this thread is the main one, 200+ in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Does Mata start for Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

will silva be starting up front for spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Would appreciate opinions/improvements on this

rsz_euro12.jpg

Get rid of Robben and Gomez. Get in VP and a cheaper striker. (Jelavic I'd say). Upgrade Gotze to Ozil. Get a more solid keeper. Both your keepers won't keep a CS between them imo. Given would even be a better bet than both of those that you have.

My opinion, use it if you wish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Degag wrote: »
    Does Mata start for Spain?

Unlikely, but you'd never know with Villa out now. Too much of a risk, I wouldn't have him in my team.
    darego wrote: »
    will silva be starting up front for spain?

If he does play he'll be in a very attacking role. But there is still a question mark of whether he'll get a lot of gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

manual_man wrote: »
    I originally set up the Boards league. Ade quickly stumped me setting up two of his own and stickying them :p Anyway the first league code on the o.p. of this thread is the main one, 200+ in it

This is the one that has a list of players (myself included) who will be added after the first points, or words to that effect?

Freddie Ljungbergs Fantasy 15

http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/tipster/

This is the one that has a list of players (myself included) who will be added after the first points, or words to that effect?

Yeah. Don't know why it says that tbh. Scoring should start from Matchday1. I've invited Freddie Ljunberg to join our league :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Is abate fit?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was out???

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Aggers

FatRat wrote: »
    Unlikely, but you'd never know with Villa out now. Too much of a risk, I wouldn't have him in my team.

If he does play he'll be in a very attacking role. But there is still a question mark of whether he'll get a lot of gametime.

Why is there is a question over how much gametime Silva will get? I thought hes played in nearly all the qualifiers and friendlies and he is on form for Spain.

I cant decide between Ibrahamovic and Lewandowski. Only have 8m left for a striker. Leaning towrds Lewandowski, as that means I can have Olson (cheap Swedish defender who should get games) and Seb Larrson. Lewnadowski is also Polands main man and i'm expecting them to do ok with the home support.

Cant say I'm to impressed with Freddie Ljundbergs FF team!

Monsier JT rumoured to be a worry for the first game, and possibly the whole group phase. A bit worried, i have him in my team

• Advertisement

Monsier JT rumoured to be a worry for the first game, and possibly the whole group phase. A bit worried, i have him in my team
    ^^^
    skarmavbild_2012-05-16_kl._17.00.46.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is Mario Gotze likely to start games or will they go with Muller?

Changed my team around again. Still not sure about it. Meh... 4.0m in the bank
    capture_16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Can't decide whether to do a team for this or not. Does it not ruin the enjoyment of it?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Can't decide whether to do a team for this or not. Does it not ruin the enjoyment of it?

You only have to change your team once a day (at max), so i don't think so really

capture_16.jpg
    Rul Patricio is an interesting choice to rotate with Szczesny
    Maniatis wont play Greeces defence is: V Moras / K Papadopoulos / S Papastathopoulos / A Papadopoulos / J Holebas
    Zimling? Polanski might be better bet cause hes in an easier group
    Ibra and Larsson must start

Akinfeev is supposedly "fit" now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Aggers wrote: »
    Why is there is a question over how much gametime Silva will get? I thought hes played in nearly all the qualifiers and friendlies and he is on form for Spain.

Yeah I think we're pretty safe with Silva. Likely to play wide-ish, opposite to Iniesta, where they'll both float around in support of either Llorente or Torres.

At least that's how it'll be when Xavi, Alonso, and Busquets are on (who are all likely to start) - but then Fabregas is likely to come in for Xavi a lot, which will send Silva out into a wider position while Fab gets forward more through the middle.

That's my interpretation of the Spanish front 6, anyway.

swoody wrote: »
    capture_16.jpg
    Rul Patricio is an interesting choice to rotate with Szczesny
    Maniatis wont play Greeces defence is: V Moras / K Papadopoulos / S Papastathopoulos / A Papadopoulos / J Holebas
    Zimling? Polanski might be better bet cause hes in an easier group
    Ibra and Larsson must start

Akinfeev is supposedly "fit" now

Who said Maniatis is a defender ;)

Yeah I think we're pretty safe with Silva. Likely to play wide-ish, opposite to Iniesta, where they'll both float around in support of either Llorente or Torres.

At least that's how it'll be when Xavi, Alonso, and Busquets are on (who are all likely to start) - but then Fabregas is likely to come in for Xavi a lot, which will send Silva out into a wider position while Fab gets forward more through the middle.

That's my interpretation of the Spanish front 6, anyway.
    read something online earlier, think it went like this.......
    Del Dosque has not yet made up his mind. In the afternoon session there were four changes from the morning.
    One line up saw Torres figure in the "A" team with support from Silva, Xavi and Iniesta while Negredo - who had been in the A team in the morning - partnered Llornte in the reserves. Llornte mustnt be consisered as a starter so.

heard some spanish dude on skysports news saying Negredo will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Hope Zlatan will have a stormer.
    Keeping Abate, M'villa, Given and Olsson on the bench till i see how the other lads performa and maybe make a few subs.208041.png

Advertisement