Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

Messaged the recruitment page on facebook this is what i was told : the next 2 Bde platoons are for Dublin in September and Athlone in October!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

Received email this morning regarding my medical I done in March, happy days I passed, so guess it's another wait until contract of employment, done the medical for Cathal brugha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

Received email this morning regarding my medical I done in March, happy days I passed, so guess it's another wait until contract of employment, done the medical for Cathal brugha

got mine too prob be end of Aug before we hear anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Recruits coming to CBB in August/September this year.

Any specific dates lads for Cathal brugha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Hill16.

I rang up cathal brugha barracks a few days ago and they told me my garda vetting is still not back, has anyone else been in touch with them an heard this. Done the medical in march

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clmbrgn96

Did fitness test and interview in Athlone 4th July. Passed fitness test. No word back yet about interview.

In relation to garda vetting i was told in email to bring a full list of past addresses. Had it with me on the day but it was never requested on the day?

Wondering now if it will impact the vetting process? Only ever had one adress right enough.

Any other news regarding the unit in Dublin Aug/Sep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Just seen this on facebook.... @defenceforces lnkd.in/dXq6ZBw.

The link at top of opened page refers, with links inset in it. Wayne Fitzgerald, 2nd link down, refers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

Did anyone from 1 bde get an email today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Doyle95

Done my fitness/Interview on the 6th of July in Cathal Br Dublin, has anybody heard their results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Johnlon69

Emailed the recruitment office asking about the next intake in curragh and got this back....

The DFTC (Curragh) will not be taking in any more platoons this year. Applicants who are still on the DFTC list are being moved to 1 Brigade or 2 Brigade, depending on where the applicant resides. Applicants will be called to fill platoons when they arise. Correspondence will be sent to applicants in due course regarding this.
    Please view our Facebook page where updates are available on current and upcoming recruitment competitions

So basically they are scraping the waiting list before taking the rest into training? I'm guessing it all depends on how long it takes for our Garda Vetting forms to come back to them. If people made mistakes on theirs it could take months for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

I've heard from a couple people in Cathal Brugha and Athlone, it looks like 2 platoons to be taken in each barracks so there will be a lot of people taken on in a couple months of that's true. Anyone know what date next month Cathal Brugha are supposed to be starting training ?

I've heard from a couple people in Cathal Brugha and Athlone, it looks like 2 platoons to be taken in each barracks so there will be a lot of people taken on in a couple months of that's true. Anyone know what date next month Cathal Brugha are supposed to be starting training ?

I have a mate in Athlone and he asked this morning about a start date in athlone and they said November. So hopefully it's true about the two platoons. When did you do your medical? I got word back in March I passed mine so hopefully I get on that intake in November. This waiting around not knowing is a killer.

Johnlon69 wrote: »
    I have a mate in Athlone and he asked this morning about a start date in athlone and they said November. So hopefully it's true about the two platoons. When did you do your medical? I got word back in March I passed mine so hopefully I get on that intake in November. This waiting around not knowing is a killer.

Yeah I've heard it a couple times so it sounds solid enough. Where did you apply for ? I done my medical in Feb and heard back in June that I passed.
    I'm hoping to be in for September that's when I was told I should be in anyways. Ah the waiting is horrible, hopefully it will all be done with soon.

Yeah I've heard it a couple times so it sounds solid enough. Where did you apply for ? I done my medical in Feb and heard back in June that I passed.
    I'm hoping to be in for September that's when I was told I should be in anyways. Ah the waiting is horrible, hopefully it will all be done with soon.

Just chatting my mate there. It was an nco who will be training the platoon that told him so should be fairly solid. I applied to the curragh. Athlone would be fairly handy to get. What about you. Ya hopefully now. I'll keep posting if I hear any different. We're in the same boat anyways haha...

Just chatting my mate there. It was an nco who will be training the platoon that told him so should be fairly solid. I applied to the curragh. Athlone would be fairly handy to get. What about you. Ya hopefully now. I'll keep posting if I hear any different. We're in the same boat anyways haha...

I applied for Cathal Brugha that's why I'm hoping for September. Athlone would be grand yeah I've a brother and a mate of mine there now. Yeah the waiting game is all it is now man haha

I just got this boys, I haven't done my medical im part of the 2016 recruitment

"You have successfully passed the Fitness Test/Interview for General Service Recruitment and your application has been progressed in the competition. We will be in touch at a later date to inform you of the next stage of the Recruitment Competition.

Regards

Defence Forces Recruitment

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6"

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

The next start date for recruits in 2 Bde is August 29th in Cathal Brugha Barracks.

Dates are subject to change.

• Advertisement

John Mongo wrote: »
    The next start date for recruits in 2 Bde is August 29th in Cathal Brugha Barracks.

Dates are subject to change.

Hopefully emails go out next week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AJ mac

If anyone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

I done my fitness/Interview in Cathal Brugha barracks on the 4th of July 16. I got an email to say I passed and will be informed on the next stage of the competition in due course.

My question is, what's next? I assume it's the medical but I was told that there might be an in house psychometric test to complete. Is this true? Or do you go straight from fitness/interview to your medical examination?

Thanks, AJ

AJ mac wrote: »
    If anyone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

I done my fitness/Interview in Cathal Brugha barracks on the 4th of July 16. I got an email to say I passed and will be informed on the next stage of the competition in due course.

My question is, what's next? I assume it's the medical but I was told that there might be an in house psychometric test to complete. Is this true? Or do you go straight from fitness/interview to your medical examination?

Thanks, AJ

It's the medical. If you had to resit the psychometric test you would of already been informed.

Hopefully emails go out next week so.

Could be possible emails go out today. They're hoping to give 3 weeks notice and its 3 weeks to the day of the start in Cathal Brugha. I don't know though that might just be me being hopeful haha

Could be possible emails go out today. They're hoping to give 3 weeks notice and its 3 weeks to the day of the start in Cathal Brugha. I don't know though that might just be me being hopeful haha

Hahaha that's the exact same as me buddy. I have been looking all morning hoping for an email...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AJ mac

What does the medical consist of?

AJ mac wrote: »
    What does the medical consist of?
    Hearing test blood samples eye test. Some heart check thing don't know what it's called. It's all simple mate don't worry. Hearing test is the only thing that could possibly catch you out.

No emails this week by the looks of it...

No emails this week by the looks of it...

Next week hopefully so

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything recently ? Recruitment Facebook page said they would post when they know when offers are going out and it's 2 weeks till the 29th surely that would be pushed back at this stage as its looking like another 5 days or a week or so before offers go out ?

Advertisement