Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IRELAND_21

I'm still waiting on word for cathal brugha , could be ten days notice or even a week

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

IRELAND_21 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on word for cathal brugha , could be ten days notice or even a week

Yea me too, hopefully hear soon what the story is, I have read on a few other comments it's usually three weeks but sure ya never know 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Johnlon69

Yea me too, hopefully hear soon what the story is, I have read on a few other comments it's usually three weeks but sure ya never know 😎
    They haven't put anything up on the fb page so looks like next Monday because I'd say it will be mid September before the platoon starts training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Adrian91

Got email today.
    My medical is on the 24th of August in St. Bricins. My question is this, it says on the email " documentary evidence of ALL previous immunisation is required" does this mean all immunisation from birth? Also did anyone else get any word?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think I got eight or nine days notice when I joined the army. Be ready. Last I heard the intake date was still the 29th.

• Advertisement

Adrian91 wrote: »
    Got email today.
    My medical is on the 24th of August in St. Bricins. My question is this, it says on the email " documentary evidence of ALL previous immunisation is required" does this mean all immunisation from birth? Also did anyone else get any word?

Yea everything u got from birth, but I was never asked for mine when I done medical

Anyone here anything today? Bit of a joke now isn't it... No reassurances at all...

Johnlon69 wrote: »
    Anyone here anything today? Bit of a joke now isn't it... No reassurances at all...

No haven't heard anything...getting annoyed checking my emails every hour or so ha

No haven't heard anything...getting annoyed checking my emails every hour or so ha
    Hahaha exactly the same. Checking emails checking threads and checking fb... Driving me mad haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

I'm the exact same here, sick of checking me emails haha

• Advertisement

This was posted on PDFs Facebook
    RECRUITMENT UPDATE - GENERAL SERVICE RECRUITMENT

1 Brigade:
    Offers of Employment for the next 1 Brigade (Cork) recruit platoon have finished. The next planned intake for 1 Brigade (Limerick) on 05 Sep has been put back until November. The platoon for Galway on 14 Nov is still on schedule.

2 Brigade:
    The intake for 2 Brigade (Dublin) on 29 Aug has been delayed. When we have firm dates we will issue a recruitment update. The planned November intake for 2 Brigade (Athlone) is still on schedule.

2016 General Service Applicants:
    Medicals appointments are being arranged and emails will be issued to applicants when their medical dates and times have been confirmed. We are unable to answer individual requests for further information on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Just seen this from an Air Corp serving member.

The Air Corps is currently recruiting for aircraft technicians. Successful candidates will graduate with a Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Military Aviation Technology (Level 7) accredited by the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT). Applications close on September 3. Recruits hold the rank of apprentice during training.

https://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/p/pJobDetails.aspx?mid=YDUU&sid=EVBB&jid=UGTGTGTDGT&a=0iT%252brf2ap2U%253d

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

Has anyman heard anything yet any kind of news or even a rumour ? Haha while bit of waiting

Randy14 wrote: »
    Has anyman heard anything yet any kind of news or even a rumour ? Haha while bit of waiting
    According to fb recruitment athlone is November the 14th and Dublin has been delayed until October time..

There may be a temporary lack of training NCO's available to 7th Bn Trng Coy & 2 (Eastern) Bde.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

aloyisious wrote: »
    There may be a temporary lack of training NCO's available to 7th Bn Trng Coy & 2 (Eastern) Bde.

7th Bn trng coy? There's no such thing and there is definitely no lack of NCOs so check your source

Member16 wrote: »
    7th Bn trng coy? There's no such thing and there is definitely no lack of NCOs so check your source

I know there is no Trng Coy as such. just the particular coy which is tasked for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I know there is no Trng Coy as such. just the particular coy which is tasked for same.

It's being done by the BTC, so again, no Coy involved at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

All NCOs were selected and informed early August that they were training recruits so no lack of NCOs

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

any news??

• Advertisement

Nothing, not a whisper..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

RECRUITMENT UPDATE - 2 BRIGADE
    Offers of employment will be sent by email on 2nd October for the next
    2 Brigade (Dublin) recruit platoons which are due for induction on 17th October. These offers will be made to successful applicants from the 2015 recruitment campaign. It may take a few days for offers to be made so if you don`t receive one straight away hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rosknight

Any word on Athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Adrian91

Do you have to get an email saying you've passed medical before you get offer of employment?

Adrian91 wrote: »
    Do you have to get an email saying you've passed medical before you get offer of employment?

Presume so I got my email 3 months ago....

Hopefully get some offers on the 2nd lads good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Anyone get an email today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

None lad id say it will be tomorrow and few days after

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

It's really annoying that I'm to old for enlisting (27) I'm fit and healthy it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Didn't get an email yet , don't think they would send them on a Sunday?

Advertisement