Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

Anyone get an email today ?

not b getting any today not on a Sunday...hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday ðŸ‘

MuchoLoco wrote: »
    It's really annoying that I'm to old for enlisting (27) I'm fit and healthy it's ridiculous.

You not try for the navy? Or you too late for that too?

Anyone get anything today? getting very impatient haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IRELAND_21

Nope no email for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

same nothing yet

• Advertisement

Who here done the medical interview etc. In dublin

yea i did in march.. i wonder did they even send out any yet should def know 2moro.. when i done my medical the lad said that we will be the first ones in on september so see the crk now

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Done my medical in Dublin in February.
    The recruitment page on Facebook replied to a comment there and said no emails gone out yet they will post when they are going out even though they said the 2nd .. haha they love to keep us waiting

Do you reckon it will be postponed

Honestly have no idea at this stage

• Advertisement

IRELAND_21 wrote: »
    Do you reckon it will be postponed

jesus i hope not waiting long enough at this stage haha done my medical back in march and was told the same as randy that we would b getting in September so....:eek: :(

Few people said of pdf fb they didn't get email either , and another said that pdf will post update when they do

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Start date is still October 17th, emails shouldn't be too far from being sent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

Just posted on facebook:
    Irish Defence Forces Recruitment:Just an update on the next inductions for 2 Brigade. Unfortunately due to circumstances outside our control Offers of Employment have not been issued. We are in the process of establishing when the offers will be made and when we have more information we will post a further update.

EC1502 wrote: »
    Just posted on facebook:
    Irish Defence Forces Recruitment:Just an update on the next inductions for 2 Brigade. Unfortunately due to circumstances outside our control Offers of Employment have not been issued. We are in the process of establishing when the offers will be made and when we have more information we will post a further update.

Was just about to post that haha....but for the love of Jesus more waiting for flip knows how long now

So 17th start date out of the question

It should be noted that the Recruitment page has changed their update. It now states:

"Just an update on the next inductions for 2 Brigade. Offers have not been issued as yet. Applications remain under administration and we except offers to be issued very soon."

Sent them a message on the FB page the start date is still 17th they're saying. I also asked if there will be at least a weeks notice and they said they'll give as much notice as they can

Sent them a message on the FB page the start date is still 17th they're saying. I also asked if there will be at least a weeks notice and they said they'll give as much notice as they can

Well let's hope we hear something tomorrow so...will need to give my notice in at work too if am going and am sure a few other people will need to do the same

Well let's hope we hear something tomorrow so...will need to give my notice in at work too if am going and am sure a few other people will need to do the same

I'm the same meself was hoping to give 2 weeks notice in work to be sound like haha not going to happen though

• Advertisement

The start date is still the 17th.

As their original post said, the problem with offers not being sent yet really is out of their hands. Ideally you'd get lots of notice but it just doesn't happen that way.

Wonder what the hold up is? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hi guys, I'm in the 2016 competition. I was just wondering could anyone offer any insight as to what the medical is like? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

2. This medical examination consists of:

a. Completion by you of a Medical History Questionnaire.

b. Physical measurements, which may be conducted by Para-Medical staff.

c. A clinical physical examination, which will be conducted by a Medical Officer.

d. Spirometry screen. (Lung Function Test).

e. ECG examination. (Heart tracing).

f. Audiometry (hearing test).

g. The provision of urine samples on which the following tests will be conducted:

I. Routine urinalysis

II. Drug screen

III. Pregnancy test (female applicants)

h. The provision of blood samples will be taken by a Medical Officer or a Nurse of the Army Nursing Service and on which the following tests will be performed:

I. Full blood count and ESR

II. Kidney function tests

III. Liver function tests

IV. Hepatitis A, B and C antibody screen.

V. Hepatitis B antigen test

VI. HIV test (see attached information and consent form)

VII. G6PD Screen. (Glucose 6- Phosphate Dehydrogenase).

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

Any tips for the hearing test? Ive had problems with my hearing as a kid that slightly effects me to this day. I have my medical on the 19th of this month so any tips for the hearing test? :p

Anyone get emails today ? I got an offer for 17th Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

Randy14 wrote: »

What time did you receive this at

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

Randy14 wrote: »

What time did you receive this at

Yes mate just seen my email for Dublin on the 17th this month too