Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Where did you do your medical?

dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Just got email there passed medical :) (curragh)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Just got email there passed medical (curragh)

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

medical passed! almost there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Passed it myself, well done lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Would I be right in saying there's been no offers of employment made by the Curragh today just medical passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Patryk17

elBreeno wrote: »
    Anyone hear from cork yet?? Regarding starting on the 11th April??

I think they send the emails around 10 days before the starting day lad. They probably just did the medicals for the people they are gonna take in. So if you passed there is a good chance you'll get it, if you did. I might see ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikec1992

Got the email for recruitment on april 11th in Cork. Pure delighted. Anybody else get the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Yeah I got mine too, can't wait, will see you up there

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Anyone in the Curragh still waiting for medicals? Reckon it'll be next recruitment before we'll be taken in..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Adrian91

Anyone in the Curragh still waiting for medicals? Reckon it'll be next recruitment before we'll be taken in..

Ya, still waiting for medical in Curragh. Do you mean next batch or next recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IRELAND_21

Got an email today for a medical on the 13th of april i have applied for the Cathal Brugha Barracks. Anyone else get the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

Anyone know the average wait for bloods to come back ? done my medical the 8th of march for cathal brugha.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rosknight

Lads, anyone fail on the color test;
    How do you go about appealing this?

I doubt you can appeal something like that . you cant be accepted if you are colour blind

• Registered Users Posts: 1 julieoc

My son failed the colour blind test also and was told he would be a perfect candidate otherwise so how can you be accepted if you fail the test

julieoc wrote:
    My son failed the colour blind test also and was told he would be a perfect candidate otherwise so how can you be accepted if you fail the test

Meant to say "cant" . My sincere apologies .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

rosknight wrote: »
    Lads, anyone fail on the color test;
    How do you go about appealing this?

You don't. It's pass or fail. He's one of hundreds over the years who have failed, and the Defence Forces will probably never change this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JayRab

Anybody do their medical back in January down in Cork and didn't get an offer last week? Called them last Tuesday and said to monitor the mails over the next few weeks. Guessing it'll not be until the summer at least before 1st brigade will be taking in another platoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Podge1991

Anybody who passed their medical in the curragh I'm just wondering have ye heard anything else back yet ?

• Advertisement

Podge1991 wrote:
    Anybody who passed their medical in the curragh I'm just wondering have ye heard anything else back yet ?

Prob wont be till mid may till we do i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elBreeno

Anyone going to cork monday get a list of what we need to bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Adrian91 wrote: »
    Ya, still waiting for medical in Curragh. Do you mean next batch or next recruitment?

Which ever comes first ha

Prob wont be till mid may till we do i think

Cheers pal, a friend of mine up there told me that the new batch will be starting some time in May, I say they will be waiting until the 2* finish first before it starts , but nothing official has been sent yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikec1992

elBreeno wrote: »
    Anyone going to cork monday get a list of what we need to bring?

yeah the email that you got should have an attachment with it detailing what to bring, mine does and its like 4 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ANRE24

Did anybody else,from the curragh, get an email today saying that their application has been handed over to Collins in cork , just wondering if anybody has any Info thanks

ANRE24 wrote: »
    Did anybody else,from the curragh, get an email today saying that their application has been handed over to Collins in cork , just wondering if anybody has any Info thanks
    I got one aswell...confused as [email]f@*k...are[/email] you from Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

ANRE24 wrote: »

Got the same lad.

Podge1991 wrote: »
    I got one aswell...confused as [email]f@*k...are[/email] you from Munster?

From wexford which is why it's so confusing ,hopefully more news will come soon

• Advertisement

Got the same lad.

I rang an ex sergeant who can hopefully tell us more in time to come

Advertisement