Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

Got the same email this morning, from tipperary so it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

Has anyone who done a medical last month for cathal brugha heard anything yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

EC1502 wrote: »
    Has anyone who done a medical last month for cathal brugha heard anything yet ?

I done one last month still haven't heard, received an email last week, saying that there going through loads of Medicals at the moment, and they would be in touch when they receive mine

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

ANRE24 wrote: »
    Did anybody else,from the curragh, get an email today saying that their application has been handed over to Collins in cork , just wondering if anybody has any Info thanks

I would say, be prepared to head to Collins barracks for your training this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

killer91 wrote: »
    I would say, be prepared to head to Collins barracks for your training this year.
    They start training Monday lad, I'd say well be waiting a while then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

It's hard to say, I was supposed to start in the Brugha in Sept '14 but was moved to start in Athlone.

I got an email on the Wednesday before starting in Athlone, that on the Monday I was moved again and was going to Finner, so you could be sent anywhere for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

killer91 wrote: »
    It's hard to say, I was supposed to start in the Brugha in Sept '14 but was moved to start in Athlone.

I got an email on the Wednesday before starting in Athlone, that on the Monday I was moved again and was going to Finner, so you could be sent anywhere for training.
    Ah it's all over the place so tis. God only knows when and where we'll be trained now. It's some wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

They can still take on with in the first three weeks of training

Thank god I haven't been called yet I broke my ankle tonight for ****sake, hoping I'll be called in September now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

Thank god I haven't been called yet I broke my ankle tonight for ****sake, hoping I'll be called in September now

you apply in dublin if so should be grand for then ... Had a bad knee injury myself back in october ran for the first time this wee since then same boat as you hoping for sep

• Advertisement

Randy14 wrote: »
    you apply in dublin if so should be grand for then ... Had a bad knee injury myself back in october ran for the first time this wee since then same boat as you hoping for sep

It's horrible isn't it, mentally your just questioning if you will be fit by them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

600 recruits announced for this year lads, a Futher 850 in 2017, fingers crossed we get out emails soon

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    600 recruits announced for this year lads, a Futher 850 in 2017, fingers crossed we get out emails soon

Just read that there id imagine there would be some sort of speed about them now to get us all through

Just read that there id imagine there would be some sort of speed about them now to get us all through

Hopefully you're right cause god knows we've been waiting long enough

Leahy1994 wrote: »
    Hopefully you're right cause god knows we've been waiting long enough

Did u do medical?

Did u do medical?

Have it done since February

That's a long time, I'm still waiting on results from the start of March?.. I guess cork started on the 11th any word on any others going in

That's a long time, I'm still waiting on results from the start of March?.. I guess cork started on the 11th any word on any others going in

The bloods take a while alright...dunno, I was one of the lads who got the emails being moved from the curragh to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

The Curragh Platoon starts on the 30th of May lads with offers expected to be made 3 weeks in advance

when i done my medical (march in Dublin) i asked him when will use be finished doing medicals and he said june/july so could be a right wait still for dublin

• Advertisement

when i done my medical (march in Dublin) i asked him when will use be finished doing medicals and he said june/july so could be a right wait still for dublin

They told me we wore going Dublin in September, but I taught we could have been called earlier

They told me we wore going Dublin in September, but I taught we could have been called earlier

yea told me same like, suppose we could if we get changed over like others are.. hopefully not tho load of hols booked for summer since be my last summer o freedom ha

yea told me same like, suppose we could if we get changed over like others are.. hopefully not tho load of hols booked for summer since be my last summer o freedom ha

Just hoping I pass me medical then I'll party hard

I'm sure there's more people to get through in Dublin than the likes of the curragh or even Cork, so maybe that's why it's taking so long

Are all the medicals finished for the Curragh? I'm still waiting for mine..

There enlisting again

There enlisting again

When's that bud

When's that bud

Now until 22nd of May

Now until 22nd of May

So it'll be after that I'll get a medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 IRELAND_21

i done a medical in Dublin on the 13th of April there. Corporal said enlistment September time.

Advertisement