Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

Yeah I got it.. So what's the part in the medical you'd reckon most people fail on
    I failed on eyes, had to go to specsavers get glasses and do it again, passed it anyway so delighted! other than that it was easy, hearing test is tricky so focus well when the headphones are on :) other than that lad you'll have no problem as long as there's nothing wrong with your heart and that!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

Got back from Amsterdam 10 days ago 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Not 100% but it only stayes in urine for 9 days

I reckon it be gone and all by now, I train 6 days a week and drink gallons of water so hopefully it's clean, plus it was only like one or two pulls, I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

You are correct, you are not 100% :pac: Stay a lot longer, but depends on a multitude of factors

• Advertisement

discus wrote:
    You are correct, you are not 100% Stay a lot longer, but depends on a multitude of factors

I dont have to worry about that factor now tbh . Never touch the stuff . Just passing on my knowledge to the lad

Cheers mate I'll let you know how it goes either way..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Anyone know how much you get paid while training?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Anyone know how much you get paid while training?

This link might still apply - even though it's dated 2013..... SCROLL down to the pay-scale tables near the bottom..... Pte Grade 1 seem's to be applicable to recruits as Pte 2 star is the rank applicable to a member just out of recruit training.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZx5Cj-abLAhVBig8KHenTB2EQFggvMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.military.ie%2Fcareers%2Farmy%2Frecruits%2Frates-of-pay%2F&usg=AFQjCNG3WV0uIh0WeSzq_kS8xfQ1-ue-Mg

Rider... the figures are most probable before tax and costs of housing, feeding you are taken into account. To cut your losses, don't lose or damage your issued equipment, or you might face "kit on repayment" costs. Also try to keep your Bks damages (dining hall cutlery, cups, plates etc don't come free of charge) costs low.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

For the lads who applied to Cork and Dublin, how long did it take until you heard back on your medical results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    For the lads who applied to Cork and Dublin, how long did it take until you heard back on your medical results?

I got an email saying I was successful in the medical and to continue monitoring my email 3 weeks after, them I got another saying the same thing 10 days after that

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikec1992

Yeah same for me. Had the medical on January 11 in collins cork. was called back for a second blood test, then got two emails about a week after saying i passed medical. Hopefully were starting on April 11th as was mentioned earlier.

Done the medical yesterday in Bricins, was passed fit, waiting on blood and urine to come back, how long usually does that take?, also heard 6 drops outs so far in Cathal brugha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikec1992

shouldn't take more than a week to hear back. Im sure the process is different for the 2nd eastern brigade though. In cork for the medical there was already a group of recruits in training, but i don't know when they had started. The officer said to us on the day that they were trying to pull our start date forward to the middle of march, but i doubt thats gonna happen now.

How much training/preparation are ye doing lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Anyone for the Curragh still waiting on medical?

Anyone for the Curragh still waiting on medical?

Think everyone is man

Jogging 4 days a week I'm more worried about the endurance part than the push ups and sit ups still not neglecting them though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

Done the medical yesterday in Bricins, was passed fit, waiting on blood and urine to come back, how long usually does that take?, also heard 6 drops outs so far in Cathal brugha

what you mean by you were passed fit ? just curious because i have not trained in about 3 months due to a knee injury and only started to train again now

Randy14 wrote:
    what you mean by you were passed fit ? just curious because i have not trained in about 3 months due to a knee injury and only started to train again now

He passed every stage of medical pending on blood and urine

Randy14 wrote: »

When you complete all stages of the medical you go and see the doctor who takes in to account all the stages of the medical and makes a decision weather your fit for service or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Think everyone is man

I thought medical have been handed out? I mean people still waiting to get one

I thought medical have been handed out? I mean people still waiting to get one

Sorry i though you meant people who did medical . My bad man .

Medicals results for curragh should be out tomorrow.

Medicals results for curragh should be out tomorrow.

Where you hear that man . Best of luck ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Where you hear that man . Best of luck ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
    On Facebook lad, there recruitment page a lad commented asking when there out and they replied saying should of been today or tomorrow! Best of luck to you to lad!

Delighted they responded to my comment on Facebook :D Any word today lads? I think it'll be tomorrow or during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elBreeno

Anyone hear from cork yet?? Regarding starting on the 11th April??

done medical 15 march basically said to us that if we pass the medical we will be starting in september in cathal buragh or athlone .. passed everything pending blood results (which should be fine )

done medical 12 march basically said to us that if we pass the medical we will be starting in september in cathal buragh or athlone .. passed everything pending blood results (which should be fine )

• Advertisement

Randy14 wrote: »
    done medical 12 march basically said to us that if we pass the medical we will be starting in september in cathal buragh or athlone .. passed everything pending blood results (which should be fine )
    Where did you do your medical?

Advertisement