Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Confirmed!

Counted 16 strikes from that now - moved across Wexford Harbour towards Curracloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Be a dear and just pop that on the train to Dublin! :D

It's heading that direction... or it was. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seems dead now alright.

A few sharp looking showers building across Munster now...the ones to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

How come there is so little movement on the Met Eireann weather radar when you run it, everything seems to be at a standstill, never saw that before

Storm 10 wrote: »
    How come there is so little movement on the Met Eireann weather radar when you run it, everything seems to be at a standstill, never saw that before

Just a slow moving area of low pressure causing that - nothing really going anywhere too quickly.

A couple of recent strikes in Kerry now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Iancar29 wrote: »
    BEST WATCH FOR THUNDERSTROMS ACTIVITY IN THE KERRY to WEXFORD Region for the rest of the day if the post frontal cloud clears well enough . Some nice potential for funnels with LLS at 25knts . :)
    HOpe to see photos later when home from work guys!!

Unfortunately Ian the clouds haven't cleared off here yet and it stopped raining about an hour ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The storm here in Wexford was imbededd in a general are a of drizzle so photos were not possible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The storm here in Wexford was imbededd in a general are a of drizzle so photos were not possible :(

Tut tut. :)
    Still nothing around Campile.
    Can see a small bit of blue through the dark grey clouds.
    Heading down to hook later so maybe I might get some action at sea

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Just had lightning plus a loud clap of thunder here in Carlow town. Some of the biggest drops or rain I have ever seen also. However rain stopped now but dark clouds all around.

Lashing again, rain is unbelievable!!

dublincelt wrote: »
    Just had lightning plus a loud clap of thunder here in Carlow town. Some of the biggest drops or rain I have ever seen also. However rain stopped now but dark clouds all around.

Lashing again, rain is unbelievable!!

Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

It's gas. I'm only down the road from Carlow town and conditions were very dry here today with lots of sunshine earlier. Nothing else to add. Boring day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Redsunset wrote: »
    It's gas. I'm only down the road from Carlow town and conditions were very dry here today with lots of sunshine earlier. Nothing else to add. Boring day for me.

That's mad. Torrential rain here now. No more thunnder though. Biblical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Just looking at sat24s map and its looking good for possible sparks in dublin.

I HOPE..

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Hmmm, dont look good for Dublin :(

Watch out SW England and Wales tomorrow lunchtime though...

'Thunderstorms brewing' (quote) according to Siobhan Ryan in her forecast after the 6pm news. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

SIGMET out for embedded thunderstorms along the Irish Sea coast

EGTT SIGMET 04 VALID 241630/242030 EGRR- EGTT LONDON FIR EMBD TS OBS WI N5000 W00200 - N5100 W00030 - N5300 W00530 - N5400 W00530 - N5200 W00130 - N5200 E00200 - N5100 E00130 TOP FL320 MOV NE 15KT NC=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Su Campu wrote: »
    SIGMET out for embedded thunderstorms along the Irish Sea coast
    Had a rumble overhead 5 minutes ago. I'm a mile from coast 3 miles north of Wicklow Town

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I'm flying out of London with aer aran in the morning. Any chance of being affected by weather you think?

vard wrote: »
    I'm flying out of London with aer aran in the morning. Any chance of being affected by weather you think?

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:eek: wow, england is lighting up like the fourth of july today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    :eek: wow, england is lighting up like the fourth of july today

Jammy feckers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

7856952834_d9fb53f0fc_b.jpg
    Untitled by blackbird1973, on Flickr
    really lighting up in southern half of britain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Currently in Cambridge, England. Massive thunder and lightening with downpours. I'm loving it, wife isn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Few heavy looking showers approaching us on the radar..hopefully they might pep up a little electrically wise..sky is well dark here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Currently watching in amazement at the formation of CBs in south Kilkenny ( looking north ). Growing taller by the minute and some are taking the characteristic anvil shape. No thunder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Yup , just on my break here in work and theres cumulus congestus about . One over the airport now looks nice :) .. Classic cauliflower style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Some very very heavy showers on and off in Cork here..

Sadly,,no sparks,,or noise from them yet..

Fingers crossed.

Some sferics now being picked up in Waterford and Wexford.

Waterford Airport's forecast does reflect this
    EIWF LOCAL AREA FORECAST VALID 251500/252400 WIND 30012KT VISIBILITY 9999
    PROB30 TEMPO 1517 5000 WEATHER TEMPO 1517 -SHRA/SHRA
    PROB30 TEMPO 1517 TSRA CLOUD SCT020 SCT/BKN040
    TEMPO 1517 SCT018CB CLOUD HEIGHTS GIVEN ABOVE MSL=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thundercloud in North Essex south of Cambridge. Its been relentless since about 15.00 today. Reports of twisters around too

218383.jpg

• Advertisement

Look at the METARs from Lakenheath Air Force base, northeast of London!! Updating almost every minute!!!

http://www.ogimet.com/display_metars.php?lang=en&tipo=ALL&ord=REV&nil=SI&fmt=html&lugar=EGUL&anof=2012&mesf=8&dayf=25&horaf=18&minf=30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement