Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jjj6894x

another big bang a second ago over dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

thunder to the west - D 11 or 15 I'd say and theres another one! :)
    sky as black as the ace of spades at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Thunder in eastpoint there now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Bang and heavy rain over Dublin 9 (DCU). :)

The sun was splitting the stones 10 mintues ago!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thunder and lightning here in Swords. The sky to the Northwest looks very dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 jjj6894x

the rain is abating now in d8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Heavy rain, wind and BOOM thunder is Swords. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Raining in EastPoint. It should start in a min or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Its all gone mental on the east coast!

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Almost got something right overhead! The cloud almost lowered! Closest to a poss tornado ever been! Wasnt far away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

two bangs of thunder! that was a bit of a let down, I was expecting better when I saw this - http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

7830813816_1f5e03936e_z.jpg

7830806222_445f750903_z.jpg

7830792014_2d1562e892_z.jpg

7830788116_79f5a0e73a_z.jpg

7830780988_9f112ee025_z.jpg

7830769970_c69d08f11f_z.jpg

7830766568_2100c1a441_z.jpg

Passing over Edenderry about an hour ago. Some lightning in it and heavy rain followed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Was not bad..a few bangs of distant thunder and a heavy shower,more to come? hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Recent thunder reported at Casement and Dublin's latest metar gives tempo 5000 TS.

SIGMET out for frequent thunderstorms in the east

EISN SIGMET 03 VALID 211330/211530 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR FRQ TS OBS N OF 5300 AND E OF W00700 TOP FL300 MOV NE AT 25KT NC=

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Clearing in Dublin city centre now - blue skies and sunshine after a few minutes of moderate rainfall. Only a couple of distant claps of thunder.

I feel cheated. Do the weather gods have a complaints office?

Thing that went right over me was severe. Very close to lowering, hopefully when I complete my Meteorology Masters I will be able to give a more technical description!

Will post vid soon, but doesn't do it justice, poor quality.

The updraft was extreme.
    got very excited for a moment thinking it was gonna happen, although it w heading straight for me so might have been dodge!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Damn you mountains. Another fupping joke of a shower. That just delivered 0.2mm here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The updraft was extreme.
    got very excited for a moment thinking it was gonna happen, although it w heading straight for me so might have been dodge!

Nah, it'd probably muss your hair but not much else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Heavy enough shower in Dalkey with a few rumbles of thunder. Surprised as we usually see little or nothing when showers cross the mountains. If the sun comes out again and temperatures rise then we might have round two later on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just drove from Kilcock to Crumlin within the last hour, have not seen rain like that before, M50 barely passable due to accumulated surface water not being able to clear as fast as it was falling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Im baaack :) ... Got some great photos of developing cells , some very strong updrafts and one or 2 nice lowering bases .... and then the squall arrived and i got some video of the thunder! :D.. Happy man i is , photos to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Some notable windshear reported by a landing A320 at Dublin at 1420.

EIDW WS WRNG 01 211320 VALID 211320/211500 WS IN APCH RWY28 REP AT 1320 A320 GAIN OF 15KT AT TOUCHDOWN=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Thing that went right over me was severe. Very close to lowering, hopefully when I complete my Meteorology Masters I will be able to give a more technical description!

Will post vid soon, but doesn't do it justice, poor quality.

The updraft was extreme.

Oh that sounds such fun!!! lucky duck...

Trade with me will ya... you can do the 2013 budgets for me can't you... sure you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I seen one cloud to ground strike and heard about 7-8 claps of thunder.
    It looked very impressive, I nearly thought It was going to touch down at any moment.
    Some serious updrafts and base lowering.
    A couple of videos at it approached.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Just driving through dunsany near navan there is some funny looking clouds, very low there, check it out if you love nearby and it's starting to lash, going mad I missed the action..

Here is the Vid of the strong cell that passed close by.

Again video does not do it justice :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I was out & about so i missed every feckn thing,that cell in Weatherchecks vid would of passed right over me :mad:

Charlestown, finglas getting dark

Photo attached this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement